I almost had a whole page where the most recent answerer was me!!!...

And then...

Then...

Rootbrian logged in...

I just couldn't keep up...

My useful 9700 answers just weren't coming fast enough...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-11 10:17 PM
    I know what you mean...see here linky:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/48261/rootB.JPG

But seriously, posting for post count and not reading and randomly posting isn't good at all. If you post constructive material that helps other, however, that is a different story. Being first to post and having the latest running streak shouldn't be a proud moment.
    02-24-11 10:22 PM
    I think you know I was kidding about the running streak. I answered quite a few tonight and noticed in the middle) logged in and was already all over the board again, lol.

02-24-11 10:25 PM
    I think you know I was kidding about the running streak. I answered quite a few tonight and noticed in the middle) logged in and was already all over the board again, lol.

Yup I know, I caught on the sarcasm, it was more of a general "look out" for people.
    02-24-11 10:29 PM
    I noticed the user "Rootbrian"'s many many posts... Tell you the truth I am a college student living with my parents in cold Canada... Rootbrian has "Telus", which is a Canadian service provider as his carrier, I guess he is probably living at home nothing to do but to kill time like me.. Canada is boring and that's what most youth do... spend time online... ha ha
    02-24-11 10:41 PM

But seriously, posting for post count and not reading and randomly posting isn't good at all. If you post constructive material that helps other, however, that is a different story. Being first to post and having the latest running streak shouldn't be a proud moment.
    You make an excellent point, yehrulz.

02-24-11 11:00 PM
    I noticed the user "Rootbrian"'s many many posts... Tell you the truth I am a college student living with my parents in cold Canada... Rootbrian has "Telus", which is a Canadian service provider as his carrier, I guess he is probably living at home nothing to do but to kill time like me.. Canada is boring and that's what most youth do... spend time online... ha ha
    I don't see how Canada is that boring. There are just as many things to do in Canada as in the US.

02-24-11 11:05 PM
    Funny thread.
    Have to disagree with Canada being boring though, it is what you make it.
    Damn cold right about now though lol.
    02-24-11 11:18 PM
    My useful 9700 answers just weren't coming fast enough...
    +1

+1

+1

Yup I know, I caught on the sarcasm, it was more of a general "look out" for people.
    Well it's working fine on my 9700.

I noticed the user "Rootbrian"'s many many posts... I guess he is probably living at home nothing to do but to kill time
    +1

You make an excellent point, yehrulz.
    That's what I did too.

I don't see how Canada is that boring. There are just as many things to do in Canada as in the US.
    +1

02-24-11 11:49 PM
    +1

+1

+1

+1

+1

You, sir elite, have won the game :
    02-24-11 11:58 PM

I think the kiddies would say LOLz

Or something like that. Either way, that made me chuckle. Well, really the whole thread has been good for a laugh.
    02-25-11 12:35 AM
    Hahaha. I wonder if each reply was "do a battery pull then if that doesn't work, call your service provider."
    02-25-11 03:26 AM
    +1

+1

+1

well it's working fine on my 9700.

+1

that's what i did too.

+1

. . . .

02-25-11 09:58 AM
    Hahaha. I wonder if each reply was "do a battery pull then if that doesn't work, call your service provider."

And don't forget "now you voided your warranty"..............lol !!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-25-11 10:46 AM
    I like the guy. His advice is always on track and even usually spot on, unless he's just parroting what's already been said, then I still don't think there's anything wrong with confirming sound advisement.

Watching for warranty is a very rational thing to mention. Granted, it's likely to be more often than not that the people seeking help here are out of any warranty and looking for a last result, but I'd bet many of the first timers and young'ns don't even know that they have any manufacturer provided protection.

This all just sounds like a lot of ****-hurt whining to me. Brian's "Thanked" count is enough to back the validity of his constructive and productive posting.

It never fails to amaze me how so many someones can be so invested in what another does, even when it has nothing to do with them. Has to be the epitomization of pathetic, no?
    02-25-11 07:10 PM

Wow, that's nuts.
    02-25-11 09:31 PM
    The people that annoy me and should bother you all even more so than RootBrian are those that beg for thanks by drawing attention to it with some note in their signature section. Brian's thank count is genuine because he doesn't have this, where you can't respect the thank count of those that do, as it's solicited.
    02-27-11 12:01 AM
    So... all it takes for a post count to be "genuine" is not having that annoying thanks sig?

I do agree that those are annoying, but so is "+1, 10 char."
    02-27-11 12:08 AM
    Asking for thanks is very annoying. Add to that people like Matrix Leader who have that and then create alternative accounts to thank themselves.
    02-27-11 09:14 AM
    +1.

10 char.

02-27-11 10:45 AM
    +1.

10 char.

I agree

10 char.

02-27-11 12:09 PM
    I agree

10 char.

It's working fine on mine.

02-27-11 01:34 PM
    It's working fine on mine.

Downloading now!

02-27-11 04:23 PM
    So... all it takes for a post count to be "genuine" is not having that annoying thanks sig?

I do agree that those are annoying, but so is "+1, 10 char."
    Nope, not post count, but thanked count.
    02-27-11 04:57 PM
    Others that pi$$ me off are those that waste post count making comments like... "This post is in the wrong forum, please moderators, move." Like they weren't already doing their job and another post on it was at all going to be of any assistance. Or better yet the one's calling out other people for breaking some stupid minor forum rule like double posting or bumping... big friggin' deal, woopty-doo-dah-day! That, again, is the job of the moderating team, not the peanut gallery, so just pi$$ off and stop doin' the exact same thing you accuse others of doing... that being, padding your post count!!!
    02-27-11 05:17 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD