I know this thread is going to be short-lived when Hurricane Ike has left (and that's fine, because RIGHT NOW and for some days to come, it doesn't look pretty); but for now...Ike hasn't even hit and fear itself is sky-rocketing gas prices.

Example: On my way to the office this morning; I filled up at $3.89/gallon for Premium; when I passed by THAT SAME gas station for lunch; it was $4.66/gallon for Premium and $4.49 for Regular Unleaded. Two words: Price Gouging.

What's it like where you live? How do you feel/what's your take?
    Last edited by Hi-Definition; 09-12-08 at 05:11 PM.
    09-12-08 05:08 PM
    Well, these gas prices are no laughing matter. Here in MS gas prices fluctuated daily - I can't even keep track. I think I paid about $4.15 for Regular Unleaded yesterday. Ouch!

Obama-Biden '08
    09-12-08 05:11 PM
    What pisses me off is gas price per barrel is down to $100. And yet prices soar till. At 100 per barrel i believe we should be in the $2/gal range... yet today here one station was at 3.99
    09-12-08 05:18 PM
    As I left for work this morning I filled my tank up for $38 bucks. Or 3.54 a gallon. As I rode by same station coming home it was $4.09.
    09-12-08 05:27 PM
    Man, I was about to complain until I read the other posts. $0.20 cent jump within the last two days to $3.59 as of 5:50 here in dallas tx.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-08 05:55 PM
    listen i moved to canada from tx and it cost me 45-50 bucks to fill my 15 gal tank in tx. Here it is 70$$$. Now gas jumped up 15cents per liter in a day which is about a quarter of a gallon so thats like a 60 cent jump <Think about it> So guys dont complain cause my car always seems to be thirsty
    09-12-08 07:42 PM
    I was just watching the news and they mentioned that in some
    places in Florida it is already up to $5.50. WOW!!!
    09-12-08 09:13 PM
    Gas here was 3.21 on my way to school this morning and was up to 3.35 at the cheapest four hours later. Yikes! Only putting $20 into my tank at a time until it goes down again.

09-12-08 09:16 PM
    They're gouging in Texas. I saw on the news some gougers were charging up to six bucks a gallon. They should be hauling those guys off to jail -- in Galvaston (sp?)!

09-12-08 11:57 PM
    yes i live in md and the prices were 3.54 and now there 3.80 like seriously what the **** and it just might get higher
    and to ag i seen the same thing it may reach 5.00 by sat.
    09-13-08 12:38 AM
    They're gouging in Texas. I saw on the news some gougers were charging up to six bucks a gallon. They should be hauling those guys off to jail -- in Galvaston (sp?)!
    Agreed. Taking advantage of people in a disaster, just for profit ought
    to be a felony. Plain disgraceful.
    09-13-08 12:39 AM
    Gas in No. Illinois went from 3.79 to 4.09 overnight. Rumors of 5.00 a gal for regular are all over the place today!
    09-13-08 04:39 PM
    $3.79 for regular here in SW Florida

09-14-08 08:44 PM
    At the gas station across the street from my work, it was $3.65 at about 5:30 pm Thursday. Then the same station was $3.77 at 7:30 am on Friday. By lunchtime on Friday, that same station was $3.99. A jump of .33 in less than 24 hours. I don't go back to work til Tuesday, so I don't know what it's like now.
    09-14-08 09:51 PM
    This gas speculation and goughing is getting out of hand that whole industry needs to be regulated **** if things keep going the way they are we could start seeing 6 to 8 dollars a gallon or maybe more

09-15-08 01:56 AM
    In nc on 9/13 the price for regular was 3.58. As I left one job headed to another I heard about the increases. I for one use diesel which will b discussed in a minute. I tookan hour out of my work day to allow employees to take their cars and fill up. By lunch it was at 4.28 where it came to stop for the weekend. I think it is definately price gouging because if you noticed diesel was around 4.10 a gallon and didn't barely move so that shows you it wasn't oil prices rising but PRICE GOUGING. I heard that if you get the name, address, and prices you can report it to your loca district attorney. Because it is against the law. And the gas stations raised the prices to make sure if they ran out they made enough money to cover when they are empty. So as of the weekend I was thankful for owning a diesel and not having to deal with the drastic increases. So I say if you know a gas station that did this get the info and report it! If you don't it could happen again and with a natural disaster such as a hurricane govt isn't going to fight it cause they have bigger things on their plate.

Also if you notice that the tv and radio all tell you when prices are going to spike! They do this so it softens you into paying! Because if they didn't tell you and u paid 3.58 this morning and show up @ lunch and its 4.28 you are going to tell the they are crazy. So the media is as much to blame as well because they help the gas stations soften the blow to your wallet. Kinda like brain washing. So good luck with ike and the gas! That's my 2cents

09-15-08 07:24 AM
    Went to Knoxville this weekend for a football game and gas was $6 a gallon....yeah you read that right $6 and you could only get 10 gallons...
    09-15-08 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD