Any1 else think that z10 camera is too sharp? I was on fb 2day nd noticed that some of my friends were takin pics in the parking lot 100 ft from my car, I could still see the plate. Should blackberry make the camera less sharpness, or at least add some kind of license plate filter? this is really bad how can i give the z10 to my employees if they can take pics of everything at the offic and put it on fb?????

now i know why blackberry didnt put autofocus in the bold 9900!!!! now they are going after the kids market!
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-05-13 05:56 PM
    You're being sarcastic right?

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 05:58 PM
    LOL! I'm gonna sit back and watch. This should be interesting since the past 2 camera threads were shut down with people "in favor of the corporate side" attacking everyone else. How will this turn out? Will those people still favor the corporate side, or were they just really BB fanboys in disguise?
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-05-13 06:00 PM
    An even louder shutter noise would fix it.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 06:01 PM
    I don't know if this is a serious post? You are complaining that the camera is too good? I do not consider a license plate number anywhere near "private". It is exposed to the public eye every time you drive some were
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-05-13 06:02 PM
    How would that fix license plates being photographed without permission?
    BergerKing likes this.

Posted via CB10
    Bahaha! Yes, then everyone would be happy!

Well played, sir.
    BergerKing likes this.
    I do not consider a license plate number anywhere near "private". It is exposed to the public eye every time you drive some were
    That is true of people too though, but that is a hotly contested issue, so I don't think we should judge too quickly (and this is coming from a supporter of choice).
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-05-13 06:03 PM
    He's kidding about the loud shutter noise.
    And no permission is required to photograph vehicle licence plates. Permission might be required for certain uses of said photographs, however.
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-05-13 06:04 PM
    He's kidding about the loud shutter noise.
    I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say that the same level of protection should be applied to people's property. Afterall, isn't the point of protecting your face from being photographed due to worries about people using it in a way that may harm you, without your permission? The same can be said about license plates, no?
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-05-13 06:06 PM
    Photographing license plates is creepy.

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    venious, eldricho and ihys like this.
    04-05-13 06:06 PM
    Whaaaaat the eff. Are you serious?

Posted via my Zee10
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-05-13 06:07 PM
    +1!!!! Exactly what I was thinking!
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-05-13 06:07 PM
    Any1 else think that z10 camera is too sharp? I was on fb 2day nd noticed that some of my friends were takin pics in the parking lot 100 ft from my car, I could still see the plate. Should blackberry make the camera less sharpness, or at least add some kind of license plate filter? this is really bad how can i give the z10 to my employees if they can take pics of everything at the offic and put it on fb?????

now i know why blackberry didnt put autofocus in the bold 9900!!!! now they are going after the kids market!
    On the chance you're serious, and I suspect you are, do you really think that other smartphones will be any different?

Your best way to alleviate your concerns is not to limit technology, but to author an appropriate policy and have employees sign off on it.
    That will tell staff both that you trust them, and define the professional standards to which you will hold them.
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-05-13 06:08 PM
    I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say that the same level of protection should be applied to people's property. Afterall, isn't the point of protecting your face from being photographed due to worries about people using it in a way that may harm you, without your permission? The same can be said about license plates, no?
    Taking the theoretical into the real world, how do you do this? Ideals are just ideas without any way to put them into practice.
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-05-13 06:10 PM
    Taking the theoretical into the real world, how do you do this? Ideals are just ideas without any way to put them into practice.
    Since the protection of people is done through a shutter sound (which arguable won't stop most abuse of people's personal space anyways), I suggest a similarly somewhat useless, but feel-good strategy. The OP's suggestion of "license plate filters" seems like it might do the trick. I recall BB doing something with forcing the camera to be in focus for a few seconds before allowing you to snap a photo, so even that might work theoretically.
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-05-13 06:12 PM
    Is your license plate private? Last time I checked FB is not tied to you license plate...I think you still have some anonymity.
    Suggestion though...get one of those tinted plate covers!
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-05-13 06:24 PM

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    In the context of the OP his plate was in the background, and not the subject of the photo.
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-05-13 06:31 PM
    The OP is right. I shot a pic of my wife a couple of days ago and the z10 camera sharply resolved every single wrinkle on her face. Not good.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-05-13 06:34 PM
    This has to be a joke right?
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-05-13 06:58 PM
    No. I'm serious. She's old!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 07:02 PM
    The camera is so good you can only take night shots with no flash...seriously.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-05-13 09:12 PM
    License plates are public and owned by the state not you as the individual

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing and Elite1 like this.
    04-06-13 05:41 AM
    Any1 else think that z10 camera is too sharp?!
    Take a deep breath and drink a cup of coffee! You will be alright!
    Last edited by Wilsonia Goldens; 04-06-13 at 11:36 AM.
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-06-13 05:45 AM
    ZEDGE

Perhaps this would be an effective replacement for the shutter click?
    Elite1 likes this.
    04-06-13 07:11 AM
26 12