Does anyone know about this problem and how common it is? I simply can't afford to lose my phone for 10 days for repair/replacement and I don't want to pay that much money for something that breaks and then has to be repaired or replaced with a refurbished/touched model. I'd ask on android forums but there's a lot of trolls there and a lot of people lingering around the HTC and samsung forums slating them, maybe employees I don't know but a lot of it is blatant and biassed.
    08-27-13 03:29 AM
    Does anyone know about this problem and how common it is? I simply can't afford to lose my phone for 10 days for repair/replacement and I don't want to pay that much money for something that breaks and then has to be repaired or replaced with a refurbished/touched model. I'd ask on android forums but there's a lot of trolls there and a lot of people lingering around the HTC and samsung forums slating them, maybe employees I don't know but a lot of it is blatant and biassed.

You would be surprised how helpful the Android Central community is. If you go there, to the HTC One forum and present the question you will find many who will assist.

Conversely, if you go in expecting to be trolled, you very well might because you might misunderstand or be on the lookout for "trolling."

No one hated Android more than me. Yet when I went there to look for help for my first Android device that I bought on pure impulse, they were more than willing to help.

If you still don't want to go there, there are members here who are extremely helpful with Android questions. PantlessPenguin is the first that comes to mind. Too many to count.
    08-27-13 06:22 AM
    I posted already but it seems the HTC One and S4 forums are currently under heavy attack by smearers and salesmen, or at least people who might as well be.
    08-27-13 07:05 AM
    This is one of the reasons why I switched to iOS from Android. Poor customer service.
    I had the same HTC OneX break twice, and a Samsung die once, and each time it's the same wait 1-2 weeks routine while it gets fixed.

With an iPhone, you just go to the store, and they either fix it while you wait, or get a new one.
    08-27-13 07:15 AM
    This is one of the reasons why I switched to iOS from Android. Poor customer service.
    I had the same HTC OneX break twice, and a Samsung die once, and each time it's the same wait 1-2 weeks routine while it gets fixed.

With an iPhone, you just go to the store, and they either fix it while you wait, or get a new one.
    I used to really laugh at iOS, but I have to give them that. The screen is too small and the OS way too basic for me to pay the price for it though.
    08-27-13 11:38 AM
    Apple has the best customer service.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 07:03 AM
    I just called T Mobile for an exchange for my HTC One.and its blown top speaker. This is my second blown speaker and will be my third phone. I know a guy at work who is also on his third. It is more common than people know. I rarely listen to music on my phone and I haven't even used it as an alarm clock as I am so used to doing but the speaker still went to hell. I don't know, I work in a manufacturing plant but I keep it safely in my pocket the majority of the time but maybe I am doing something I am unaware of..I am disappointed and I tried to "jump" to a gs4 but they wouldn't allow it
    09-17-13 07:36 PM
    I just called T Mobile for an exchange for my HTC One.and its blown top speaker. This is my second blown speaker and will be my third phone. I know a guy at work who is also on his third. It is more common than people know. I rarely listen to music on my phone and I haven't even used it as an alarm clock as I am so used to doing but the speaker still went to hell. I don't know, I work in a manufacturing plant but I keep it safely in my pocket the majority of the time but maybe I am doing something I am unaware of..I am disappointed and I tried to "jump" to a gs4 but they wouldn't allow it
    I have repair several HTC devices and found metal shavings in the speakers which made them not work. Sometimes you can clean the metal shavings off of the speaker and get them to work again. You can replace them for around $5.00 each.
    09-18-13 11:05 PM
    You would be surprised how helpful the Android Central community is. If you go there, to the HTC One forum and present the question you will find many who will assist.

Conversely, if you go in expecting to be trolled, you very well might because you might misunderstand or be on the lookout for "trolling."

No one hated Android more than me. Yet when I went there to look for help for my first Android device that I bought on pure impulse, they were more than willing to help.

If you still don't want to go there, there are members here who are extremely helpful with Android questions. PantlessPenguin is the first that comes to mind. Too many to count.
    The trolls are pretty much weeded out, and the community is very helpful. They can be intolerant about questions that have been answered before, so try searching the forum first. If you still haven't found your answer through searching Google, YouTube, or their forum just create a thread someone will answer.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 09:14 PM