Laptop worked yet from one day to the next, all went blank and whenever I try a recovery an error is displayed! Any suggestions and or advice?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 10:02 AM
    I think that is a hard drive error. You need to run a diagnostic from the bios menu and see if you are having a problem with your hard drive. If you are, then yo will probably need to replace it. Good news is that they are pretty cheep now. You can get a 160 Gb drive for about $40. Most of the tech stores will swap the drive and transfer all your data for free too.
    03-31-09 10:13 AM
    I think that is a hard drive error. You need to run a diagnostic from the bios menu and see if you are having a problem with your hard drive. If you are, then yo will probably need to replace it. Good news is that they are pretty cheep now. You can get a 160 Gb drive for about $40. Most of the tech stores will swap the drive and transfer all your data for free too.
    she's a genius
    04-01-09 11:19 AM
    Tried the above and sorry to say that the hard drive passed with flying colors. And HP was not helpful. At all but did get a quote to fix the laptop for 399 shipping and handling yet with that and a few extra bucks I could get another one! Its Dv2415nr and I believe from my search online that quite a few number of people are having the same issues ! Any good techs within NY NY area which you might know of will be appreciated! Times are hard not trying to spend on a new laptop

04-07-09 12:22 AM
    Without doing much research, I'd say your best bet is to format and start over.

04-07-09 01:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD