With all the possible PayPal fraud, I was wondering, if I sell something and someone pays me through PayPal, how can I withdraw the money as soon as possible and no longer have to worry about any money being taken from me?

I've read something like, someone will send you the money via PayPal, you'll ship the product, then the buyer says you never received the product or something, then the money you were sent gets taken from you and you already shipped the product so now you don't have that either.

You guys know what I'm talking about right? If not, please let me know and I'll explain it better.

Thanks .

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 02:11 PM
    Well even if you withdraw the money they could still put your account into minus balance which will hurt you're credit history and you will owe it to them regardless

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    10-26-14 02:15 PM
    Wow. So is there anyway to be safe?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 02:35 PM
    You could probably have some way to verify what's in the box

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    10-26-14 02:57 PM
    Tracked shipment with signature... ? :-)

Systematic, ongoing / professional fraud as an income (stream) is becoming more prevalent, and they know all the tricks.

Earlier in ebay's history (as far as I remember) it used to be mostly the sellers that pulled the dodgies...

(unfortunately, some have no conscience or any moral guidelines)

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    10-26-14 03:04 PM
    You could probably have some way to verify what's in the box

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    Take a photo of the condition of the item,

another one when you're about to close the box (last "flap" or the cardbox box) with the product inside (preferably sitting on scales showing the weight),

and another one when the box is (fully) closed and still showing the same weight.

(Unfortunately there are no boxes that allow you to pack it properly and still show the item inside, like a small transparent window than can then be permanently closed for shipping - might be a new concept for a product ...? )

It might help to have your hands on the photo as you do it, looks more life-like and authentic...

I normally take a photo when packing, fortunately I never needed it later as far as I remember.
    :-)

10-26-14 03:15 PM
    In addition, I also used video in the past when packing and unpacking (as seller / buyer respectively). Problem is, video files can be quite large when sending...

When you finish, you can get a permanent marker and scribble a wavy line, zigzag or something else (unique) on top of the packing tape while you're filming. If the "seal" is unbroken when it arrives, you've got proof, otherwise it's could "become" the shipping company's problem...

Problem is, PayPal seems to be heavy on the buyers' protection side now, the fraudsters know that and have adapted. Seems to have shifted, as mentioned earlier, in the past it was often dodgy sellers...

:-(

10-26-14 03:30 PM