12-30-14 01:54 PM
    Oh well his loss.
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    02-12-15 03:16 PM
    You mean his and every other consumer in the world beside the few who still carry a Berry!

Sent from the device that works best for me using Tapatalk HD
    Black Ice likes this.
    02-13-15 02:53 AM
    I still say one should do what works. If an iPhone works for him, that's okay. However, people love to bash BlackBerry users because we're "too stupid" to abandon what works for us.

The reviewer didn't know about the zoom function for Android apps. That's not our fault but his for not researching better. However, preference is preference. If there's a BlackBerry out there for me, I will use it. That's what works for me. Let the rest do what they do and let us do what we do.

Posted via CB10
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    02-13-15 10:51 AM
    I just went by the house picked up my new 9810 and my Z30 and both with otter box cases, just waiting till AT&T opens to get my sim cards after I hit the shower.
    I feel totally blessed by the Crackberrry gods again!
    I have put up with android for far too long with its Google ads and or tracking me forever and so android is the only one who is getting the Friday the 13th blues today.
    I tried to get along with an iPhone 5c and that's too small for a grown man and so I'm proudly back to my roots.
    So far just a brief test of both phones and they are fluid and quick too!
    The other users don't know what they are missing.
    Oh and I have a PlayBook too just for kicks I guess but hey when ya hooked you have no sense of reality just heavenly bliss! :-D

Posted via CB10
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    02-13-15 12:01 PM
    Wow you said NEW and 9810 in one sentence and in 2015 to boot. That's hilarious.
    I just went by the house picked up my new 9810 and my Z30 and both with otter box cases, just waiting till AT&T opens to get my sim cards after I hit the shower.
    -D

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 12:03 PM
    I have put up with android for far too long with its Google ads and or tracking me forever and so android is the only one who is getting the Friday the 13th blues today.
    I tried to get along with an iPhone 5c and that's too small for a grown man and so I'm proudly back to my roots.
    So far just a brief test of both phones and they are fluid and quick too!
    The other users don't know what they are missing.
    Oh and I have a PlayBook too just for kicks I guess but hey when ya hooked you have no sense of reality just heavenly bliss! :-D

Posted via CB10
    A 9810 in 2015? I loved my Bold 9900, but not that much!
    02-13-15 09:12 PM
    I think the person who wrote this makes some very good points. I didn't read anything that I thought was false or blatantly biased. He just stated the facts of a typical person trying to go back to BlackBerry- lack of apps, adjustment to the physical keyboard, etc.
    02-13-15 09:15 PM
    Typing this on my 9810. Got a problem with that? At least no double typing issues.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    CarGuy1368 and Black Ice like this.
    02-13-15 09:22 PM
    Typing this on my 9810. Got a problem with that? At least no double typing issues.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    I'm on my fourth keyboard on my Q10. I must admit, the dependability of my 9900 didn't carry over.
    02-13-15 09:46 PM
    Yes I did say new in the same sentence. And brand new in the box too! Yeah she's an old girl a little small but she gets the job done and we'll she's kinda cute too!
    I can type on it without hitting the send key when sending text messages like I did on my Z10 now the browser is not really my cup of tea but it's an OK little unit however the Z30 is a beautiful beast and a blast!
    Hey even that one has a bit of an issue just a wee bit big in my medium sized hands other than that I love it to death a hell of a lot better than my HTC One M8!!!
    My little phone is used primarily for quick calls a little surfing my big phone is for surfing emails (hope I can get Go Daddy working gave me hell last night) other than that my set may be complete.
    It's going to be hard deciding 9810 or Z10 that send key annoyed the hell out of me being in the wrong place and has just a tad bit of lag when typing numbers on the keypad my 9810 don't have any lag nor have I seen the spinner at the wrong time and so it's a neck and neck tie in some ways.

Posted via CB10
    JG_Agustin and CarGuy1368 like this.
    02-14-15 08:14 AM
    I tried an iPhone it's well kinda tiny real tiny! Cute but tiny. Nothing to brag about in my book, I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out what's so special about it? I got the 5c and I don't understand why people are crazy about it. It's got voice assistance that's real cool helpful too but what's the purpose of a phone if it's not big and user friendly like the Z30? Hell any old phone is better than an iPhone even an old Motorola flip phone star tac would be better than any iPhone! To each his own I guess...

Posted via CB10
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    02-14-15 08:22 AM
    Wow you said NEW and 9810 in one sentence and in 2015 to boot. That's hilarious.
    Not really, I had a red 9800 which got water damage, so after getting it fixed, sold it cheap. I ended up buying a brand new 9800 back in December 2014 simply because I like a certain game (Sid Meier's Pirates) which I had available on OS6. I tried getting it on a 9900, but it wasn't available, extracting and installing it, but it never ran. So I found an online store selling new unlocked 9800s from unsold AT&T inventories for cheap and voila, got my game back.

Granted, there's very little I actually do on it. I keep a second line for calls and texts on it, perhaps check Facebook and watch some videos at night when my Passport is charging and for some reason I don't feel like grabbing my Z30 or laptop. It feels nostalgic, the browser is laggy, but still usable with mostly mobile pages.

Each to his own... Which brings me back to the article at hand. It seems everyone who writes these type of pieces, trying to denote authority on the matter, is a "busy travelling reporter" these days (it's becoming a trend from what I can see). If the author likes an Iphone, good for him, but his generalisation that others will not come back to BlackBerry is nothing but a supposition, not facts. Granted, most probably won't. But there's still a good bunch who will take a look at the device and probably get it. He even mentions his lawyer friend, but says nothing further about her. Did she try his Classic? Did she get one? If the article is supposed to be a journalistic piece, I want to know more about her interested friend, she is after all, the type of professional the Classic is aimed at...

What bothers me with these type of "reports" is the way they're written as authoritative pieces of journalism. They're not. What they tend to be is rather biased and incomplete (sometimes even narrow minded) opinions. It's simple, the author is used to the way IOS works and syncs with its own stuff, that's fine. But dismissing the Classic and BlackBerry just because he didn't have the time or want to search further for certain features, demonstrates the lack of impartiality in the article. BlackBerry Travel helps with flights' information. A simple search on the Hub will find your ticket as attachment in an email message. How about trying the Browser for the features on apps he couldn't find available. The more I read complains about "lack of apps" on BB10, the less I seem to need so many on my devices...

IMHO, he disregarded BlackBerry for "not having apps", the same argument as most... What a shame, it just goes to show he didn't actually try the inherent qualities of BB10...

Sent from the powerful and masterful Passport!
    Last edited by JG_Agustin; 02-14-15 at 09:25 AM.
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    02-14-15 09:14 AM