Normally, I take out my industrial sized bottle of hand sanitizer-

And take it upon myself to clean his hands while on line just before he hands the goods to me.
    02-18-11 10:39 AM
    I honestly cannot remember the last time I was sick. It's been years upon years.

I use public restrooms. I shake hands with anyone who offers their hand. I eat in restaurants. In the past I used pay phones.

Get over yourself and let your body build it's own immune system.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-11 10:53 AM
    Why does getting dirty entail things such as "growing up" and "getting over oneself"?

When I was a kid, I was always told to stay out of dirty stuff, keep my shoes off the rug, and wash my hands.

And much to my dismay- take daily showers.

Now that I'm older, I do that- and more. Now I need to grow up?

And the idea of getting over myself, seems pretty unrelated to the topic presented.
    02-18-11 11:05 AM
    however you look at germaphobes (no offense) it is a serious condition that would entail more than "growing up" and/or "getting over it". first...start by touching any public handrail. lick door knobs. drop trough and rub your bare a$$ on the subway seat after you've given it a thorough facial motorboat of course. graduate up to giving the public restroom toilets a good handjob. dip your hands in the commode and swish the water around, find that dropped quarter. ask a coworker to sneeze or cough into your open mouth. all these things can help you get over your fears and if they don't they'll make for some great youtube vids with awesome hit totals!
    02-18-11 12:27 PM
    This could be a good application for that full body latex suit I saw in an udder thread.
    02-18-11 12:34 PM
    I don't think a full body latex suit is to appropriate for the workplace
    02-18-11 01:07 PM
    well not the kind with the full faced mask, derrr!
    02-18-11 01:17 PM
    Of course it is.
    02-18-11 01:33 PM
    Well not were I work, plus after a 12 hour day, I would smell like burnt bacon marinated in lubricant.

NOT a good smell.
    02-18-11 01:42 PM
    Well not were I work, plus after a 12 hour day, I would smell like burnt bacon marinated in lubricant.

NOT a good smell.
    All in the perspective...
    02-18-11 01:43 PM
    you say tomato i say turn on.
    02-18-11 01:48 PM
    you say tomato i say turn on.
    Not gonna use ketchup on my salad tonight at all...
    02-18-11 01:52 PM
    Not gonna use ketchup on my salad tonight at all...
    good luck getting that tossed......
    Last edited by HIGHJAKKER; 02-18-11 at 11:05 PM.
    02-18-11 01:55 PM
    Okay, so I'm a slight germaphobe and I work all day at a computer with clients that come in to see me.

I try my best to not make contact with them, without being rude or obvious of my aversion to them.

I'm not crazy abnormal about this, but I don't like shaking hands-

Or touching their paperwork when it's covered with gross grease stains or other unidentifiable spots.
    Go to a photo shop or anywhere that sell darkroom supplies and buy a couple of boxes of those disposable cotton gloves.
    The gloves will also "protect" your hands from anything they hand you, including their phones" and no real reason to wash your face, unless you touch the phone to your face, easy enough to hear without pressing it to your face, or if it's a cell phone, just ask them to put it on speaker, so you can use your hands to take notes.

Then when you feel you must, remove the gloves an put on a fresh pair. (tip, don't lick the phone, or you will have to gargle as well as wash your face) ...ducking now....

If anyone asks you why you are wearing them, just say it helps protect your hands from paper cuts and chemicals from all the different inks and paper dyes in the tons of paper you have to handle this time of year, to help keep your contact dermatitis under control. Sure it's a little white lie, but pretty much everyone knows someone that has dry skin that cracks their hands or feet.
    02-20-11 01:41 PM
    ...and buy a couple of boxes of those disposable cotton gloves.

If anyone asks you why you are wearing them, just say.... Sure it's a little white lie, but pretty much everyone knows someone that has dry skin that cracks their hands or feet.
    get some with the glitter/rhinestones on the backs and then if they ask you or look at you peculiarly just say that it's in memorail to michael jackson and then stand up and moonwalk or grab your crotch and do that little dance step thingy he did and tell them that you've sworn to do that everytime HIS name is mentioned....then they won't think twice about why you have that surgeons mask on too.
    02-21-11 04:25 PM
    Okay, so I'm a slight germaphobe and I work all day at a computer with clients that come in to see me.

I try my best to not make contact with them, without being rude or obvious of my aversion to them.

I'm not crazy abnormal about this, but I don't like shaking hands-

Or touching their paperwork when it's covered with gross grease stains or other unidentifiable spots.

So anywho, since I work with people all day long, I have this problem-

How do I keep to myself without being rude to my clients?

For instance, today I needed some extra information from my client, they called their relative, and handed me the phone.

On the inside, I was like, oh no please no! But I took it with a smile, asked them some questions, then kindly gave the phone back.

The moment they left, I went to my private bathroom and washed my face and hands.

Any advice on how to avoid contact, without looking like a snobby-holier-than-thou-ahole?
    I am far from a germophobe. I'm a bit of a slob actually. I have an awesome immune system. So far this winter I haven't had so much as a cold.
    I wash my hands 2-4 times a day.

My customers try to hand me their cell phones, so I can talk to people in their respective offices.
    People spit when they talk.
    I do not want your spit encrusted phone near my face.
    If I wanted your spit near my mouth, I'd slip you some tongue.

1. I have my customer relay questions and answers if it's going to be quick and simple.

2. I call their office, or have them call me.

If I have no choice, I'll use the Whoolio method, trying not to let the phone touch me.
    02-22-11 04:41 PM
    You might also have some fun by flipping things around.

If people think you're contagious, they will avoid you like the plague.
    Wear a surgical mask to work.
    Make some brownish/yellow jello, put a little in your mouth, saunter into the lunchroom when it's busy, then cough, spraying some on the wall or fridge.
    No one will go anywhere near you.

P.S. Take off the mask before you cough.
    02-22-11 04:48 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD