Hi,
    Those who are in sync with global news, know that last night 27/11/08; there was an unprecedented attack by terrorist on my city, Mumbai, (India). This was the biggest attack ever happened, 100 dead, under 300 injured, 3 top ranking Police Officers shot during an encounter. 11 BLASTS ROCKED MY CITY!!!. As soon as these events unfolded and i was out having dinner and saw it on television. I immediately called my parents, but the network was congested, i couldn't get through. One of the blast happened at a place which had the same name of area i live in, but was a good 2 KMS away. I was tensed and couldn't contact anyone, thats when my BBerry helped me. I know my dad has SMS email alerts on his phone (i.e. as soon as an email is sent to him he gets an SMS stating the sender, subject and first few lines of the email). So i sent him an email with subject "I M SAFE". And that saved a lot of panic at my residence. But then too, i condone these attacks, this is an act of cowardice, they kill innocents. The current situation is that out of the total no. terrorists that infiltrated the city, 5 are dead, 9 captured and under custody of the police, but about 25 are still at large!!!!!. 11 are at Trident/Hilton/Oberoi Hotel in the downtown area (holding about 100 people hostage, out of which half of them are of British & American passport holders. They wanted foreign hostages!), 7 are at the Taj Mahal Hotel (all hostages are evacuated just a few minutes before i started posting this), 2 are at Nariman House (an apartment housing jewish families, where two were killed) and 5 are hiding in parts of the city. I just hope and pray that this thing ends without any further damage to life or property, BUT i don't want any one to negotiate with these SOBs, just KILL THEM!!!.

A remembrance to those who died :-
    Mr. Karkare (Chief of Anti-Terrorist Squad)
    Mr. Salaskar (Chief of Extortion (CRIME) Cell, Mumbai)
    Mr. Kamte (Assistant Commisioner of Police, Mumbai)
    The two brave Anti-Terrorist Squad officers who were shot at and killed while attempting to rescue & protect the hostages.
    And other people who lost their lives!!
    11-27-08 04:17 AM
    Wow, so scary and sad. I have been watching it on CNN. Stay safe and god bless.

Rob

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 01:56 AM
    I'm glad to see your ok and ur family is safe. Sry this had to happen near you. The world must rid itself of such terrorists.

11-28-08 02:15 AM
    WOW! Keep yur head up ovr there! Worlds goin 2 **** in a hand basket!
    11-28-08 10:06 AM
    Great thinking....

I'm glad you and yours made it through.

I'm pulling for ya
    11-29-08 05:13 PM
    Whereas the blackberry of help to the victims of this tragedy - it was just that to some of the terrorists as well.

Mumbai massacre has BlackBerry link to the UK | The Sun |News

Testament to its versatility then?
    11-29-08 05:35 PM
    Different uses for different people, I guess. Things meant to help can be used to harm, but that's life. What are we to do?

11-29-08 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD