I live in Los Angeles County, California. I have recently purchased a home. I am yet to pay the first tax for my property. My real estate agent says that I am liable for a tax of $8000 as per the purchase price of my house. He says that I may be eligible for some type of refund or reduction. Any info would be appreciated.
    03-21-09 10:02 AM
    wtf?? Though this forum is filled with helpful people, you really think this is a WIFI Discussion & Help topic? Furthermore, you want to take tax advice from someone on a blackberry website??

Turns out, yes there is a credit of $8,000 this year only for first time home buyer's (from what I know). But really man, contact the agent to get more info, or you accountant. This isn't something you want to leave to a bunch of people giving you info on a forum. I would think anyway.
    03-21-09 10:04 AM
    It all depends on when you bought the home, how many points you paid, how much interest you paid thus far, if you itemize, what your property taxes are... etc.

google "tax refund calculator" ... there are often web based calculators that can give you an idea what you would get, but seriously... you need to ask an accountant in California.
    03-21-09 11:57 PM
    wtf?? Though this forum is filled with helpful people, you really think this is a WIFI Discussion & Help topic? Furthermore, you want to take tax advice from someone on a blackberry website??

Turns out, yes there is a credit of $8,000 this year only for first time home buyer's (from what I know). But really man, contact the agent to get more info, or you accountant. This isn't something you want to leave to a bunch of people giving you info on a forum. I would think anyway.
    LMAO a good one! I don't get it either. Are we real estate pros or accountants? And furthermore is it our business at all?

follow me on Twitter / krisztibi

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
    Never regret anything that made you smile.
    03-22-09 12:25 AM
    Lord have mercy! Somewhere there's a real estate/tax advice forum missing a member.
    03-22-09 01:04 AM
    you SERIOUSLY need to NOT get your tax advice on a cell phone forum....

Maybe get turbo tax and follow the steps lol ?

Or

go see a accountant...

NOT crackberry.com
    lol
    03-22-09 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD