My husband is going to Vegas this weekend and I've got a girls night out planned. I have a babysitter and I just offered her $50 to spend the night.

I think it might have been too much--need advice.

I won't be leaving until 7ish and I'll probably be home between 2-3am. I will be getting up with my kids in the morning. BTW-they are 5 & 7 years old....so its not like she'll be getting up through out the night. In fact, she won't have to feed them dinner....bathe them.

All I need from her to do is;

1. Keep them safe
    2. Snack before bed
    3. Make sure they brush their teeth good.
    4. Bedtime story & put them to bed.

My children are great for babysitters and they are very comfortable with this particular one.

what do ya'll think--overpaid? underpaid?
    07-28-08 02:39 PM
    I don't think that's too much at all. It's still an 8 hour shift, so that's $6.25/hr. For the responsibility of being there for your kids should anything happen, a fair price indeed.
    07-28-08 02:47 PM
    My son is a lot younger then yours, but I was under the impression that $10 an hour was "standard". Is this not the case?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-08 02:48 PM
    Read this -
    Babysitter Rates
    07-28-08 02:49 PM
    Thanks for the replies--yes, normally I'd pay 10/hr.......but that's during the day when I expect near constant attention being paid to the children. This is a case where--in my opinion, she's getting a sweet deal. She is here for the summer and is basically camping in a 5th wheel on her parents property....so she has no amenities. Staying the night out at my house is considered a total luxury.

I'm allowing her dog to come with her--after the kids are down--she can use the internet (she's 19, totally nerdy and I trust her). Eat whatever is not nailed down....etc.

--well, I'm feeling much better about it.---Thanks!
    07-28-08 02:52 PM
    GREAT LINK Chaz! Thanks!
    07-28-08 02:53 PM
    My husband is going to Vegas this weekend and I've got a girls night out planned. I have a babysitter and I just offered her $50 to spend the night. ....... what do ya'll think--overpaid? underpaid?
    Would like to update this old thread with new information. For current babysitter rates you can go here: ReliableSitters.org | Find reliable sitters in your area. click on 'Babysitting Rates' on the right hand side. Then look for the city nearest you.

Rates vary depending on location, number and age of kiddos, any special needs of the child and sitter experience.

All the best!
    02-16-14 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD