02-24-11 03:04 PM
123 ... 345
tools
    I always let it drain out... Even with moderate usage (texting, web broswering, IMing, picture taking, calling, calendar, alarms etc.) my Curve 8320 usually goes about 3-4 days without NEEDING a charge.
    Last edited by zarzamora_hermosa; 02-25-09 at 02:17 PM.
    02-07-09 01:57 PM
    With a Storm having a low battery is a daily occurence. How I long for the days of not charging my Pearl for 3 day stretches...
    02-10-09 12:54 PM
    Having a Storm equates to having to charge your BB daily. If I use my BB all day long it will typically be at about 20% by the end of the day. I charge it every night but it is the last thing I do before I go to bed. I have on several occasions after heavy use ran it down until the battery indicator is red and my LED blinks at me. I have to have my BB up and running at all times so I never let it go completely dead.
    02-10-09 02:23 PM
    Everyday..twice

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 08:48 PM
    I let it get to about 50% then recharge it and top it off--- I also worry that I'll run out of battery and won't be near a charger, lol. true addict!
    02-10-09 09:00 PM
    So is ut really bad for your battery i always thogught that completele discharging it and giving it a full chrge would be better for it
    02-11-09 05:53 AM
    Do whatever you're comfortable with, because this debate could go on forever....

I'm sticking with the method I've always used that has served me well over many years using different portable devices ranging from laptops to PDAs to MP3 players.....
    02-11-09 08:21 AM
    ...I do wait until my Storm says that it needs to be charged.
    02-11-09 11:00 AM
    Guilty, I wait til the yellow light is blinking at me, which after much constant use during the day and nite happens around 10 pm or sooner. Then my BB gets plugged in abnd charged. I guess I am from the old school where Batteries have a 'memory' so use it all up will keep the battery having a longer charge. I read someone said that is no longer true but.... I have a hard time getting away from that train of thought and worry that I will kill my batterey by charging it when it is not empty. O well. I have not had any problems so I will continue to do as I do.
    02-18-09 11:25 AM
    im always on my bb. and it usually dies by the time i got to bed
    02-19-09 12:18 PM
    Anyway is fine. This was not always the case. NiCd batteries have memory, it is better to run them down low before charging, and allow them to charge fully. However, newer bb all have Lithium ion which do not have "memory". It is actually recommended to charge them before they are drained. Im a contractor with about 30 Li-ion tools, they all have this recommendation, and I'm sure it is the same for bb Li-ion batts. Hope this helps.
    02-19-09 01:06 PM
    mine dies every day at about 8! then i got a car charger : )
    02-19-09 10:03 PM
    I was my curve for the internet so much that it rarely goes dead. I have been connected to the internet for 8 to 10 hours in 1 day
    12-19-09 03:26 PM
    It had gone down to the 'fatal' battery level this morning, green LED flashing, and SOS calls only.

I lol'd then put it on charge.
    12-19-09 04:28 PM
    Mine lives on the charger much of the time if not in use. If the battery falls to 50% or so I top it off.

12-19-09 04:31 PM
    Around 35% and I'm looking for a charger- whether in the car, home, or office. Usually when I wait too long, end up missing important calls.

*BTW, the car charger is a Motorola w/ a Moto micro-USB adaptor. Works fine. *

Last edited by Blacklatino; 12-19-09 at 04:58 PM.
    12-19-09 04:54 PM
    I used my BB constantly but have learned to turn off all applications when I am done. I bought an extra battery and charger but since I, now, use the holster (with the magnet) and turn off apps, I am good for the whole day. It took me a while to get into the habit but I rarely am in fatal zone by the end of the day.

Happy HOlidays ALL

Carm
    12-19-09 07:30 PM
    I used my BB constantly but have learned to turn off all applications when I am done. I bought an extra battery and charger but since I, now, use the holster (with the magnet) and turn off apps, I am good for the whole day. It took me a while to get into the habit but I rarely am in fatal zone by the end of the day.

Happy HOlidays ALL

Carm
    That's a good idea. I can always use my "original" BOLD extra battery.

Happy Holidays to you and everyone else on CB.

12-19-09 07:43 PM
    Me! Me! Me! I surf,BBM,email all the time! Hahaha!! And looking around at CB forums as I type this ON my BB.

02-16-11 03:51 AM
    I try to top it off when I get home from work. I don't use my phone much during the work day so it doesn't get drained. I usually charge it at night while I'm watching TV. On the weekends, I'm on my phone constantly and sometimes I have to charge it two or three times a day.
    02-20-11 08:45 PM
    Guilty as charged ....berry yelling put me on charge-u see me blinking....
    02-21-11 10:02 PM
    i do xD
    i always listen lots of music on it in the daytime, i text, call people, go on the web, etc...
    so i always charge mine when i go to bed ^_^ then it's charged when i wake up <3
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-24-11 02:56 PM
    i do xD
    i always charge mine when i go to bed ^_^ then it's charged when i wake up <3
    Always worked for me.
    02-24-11 03:04 PM
123 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD