LOL, not me--I NEED to have my BB charged at all times--I was on it yesterday, and noticed it got low and freaked! My biggest fear is that I will be out and about and Leroy will run low......
    LEEEEROYYYYYYYY JENKINNSSSSSSSSS!

lol
    07-01-08 02:04 PM
    I carry a spare battery with me because I'm so bad about running mine down. Many a times I've found myself having a green light flashing!!!
    07-01-08 02:33 PM
    I think it has something to do with this thread but twice since this thread started I ran mine down so low that the radio turned off and wouldnt come back on until the battery had enough juice~ even though I put it on the charger once it completely shut off.
    07-01-08 09:54 PM
    I think it has something to do with this thread but twice since this thread started I ran mine down so low that the radio turned off and wouldnt come back on until the battery had enough juice~ even though I put it on the charger once it completely shut off.
    this thread is cursed. dun dun dun
    07-01-08 10:02 PM
    this thread is cursed. dun dun dun
    I actually believe there may be some truth to that.
    07-01-08 10:05 PM
    Right now, I'm addicted to playing BrickBreaker in the evenings, and I'll play for 4 hours at a time (yes, I know it's sad), and the battery gets almost worn all the way down, but then I charge it on my headboard while I sleep. The guy at AT&T told me that it's better to let it run down all the way once a week and then recharge. He said you won't have to replace the battery as often, but I don't know.
    07-03-08 07:44 PM
    man i used my bb until its says radio off, and have to wait till it reached about 25% to used it again. Then im back at it lol!!
    07-08-08 06:20 PM
    I have NEVER emptied the battery - gotten close a few times.......but they charge he!!a fast and I am most always near a charger/USB port to replenish....
    07-08-08 07:10 PM
    I run it down low all the time....but I let it recharge on my pillow next to me when I sleep!!!! I'm out of the house all day and I'm constantly using my BB!!
    I also heard that draining it every now and then saves the battery a little, same thing I heard with laptops....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-08 11:57 AM
    just got to work nd plugged that B**** in. lol

i was at 25% nd waiting for a phone call,
    lets talk about a panic attack
    07-14-08 12:21 PM
    I'm really anal about leaving my phone plugged in as much as possible, as that means you have less cycles to worry about. I think to each their own. Somethings work for some of us better!
    07-14-08 12:53 PM
    They say its best to run the battery down as much as possible, I do it all the time because I have 2 backup batteries so i never run low on power
    07-14-08 01:00 PM
    I'm pretty anal about having a topped off battery when I can. But, my 8830 is my only phone and I often kill the battery sometimes twice or more a day. I will very often use it to 10% and have even had it shut off from being dead.

Although Li-on batteries do not get a memory effect from not draining them fully (like the old Ni-cad), I am sort of used to doing that.

I've done quite a bit of reading on Li-ons, (for cameras, cells, etc). From what I've come to understand, Li-on batteries do however have a "cycle life" of "X" amount of recharges, whether it is charging them from up from 90% charge to 100%, or from 10% charge to 100% charge.

Once they have completed so many cycles, they are on their way out. Numbers I have seen quoted as being 400-500 cycles for most batteries.

It seems to me though, I have at least gotten 600-800 cycles (maybe more) that I can can estimate with good service life out of Li-ons before they have died. Usually about a year of service or more.

I have most always charged any li-on battery devices of mine overnight, all night.

Just what I do, and this is NOT advice, just input to the thread.
    A cycle is considered a complete discharge and then a full recharge. This is why one should never let there battery fully drain or get close to fully drained before recharging, it will reduce the useful life of the battery. Li-ion batteries should be charged early and often.
    07-14-08 01:14 PM
    Sad to say that I put my phone to 10% before I charge. I forgot to bring my charger to work. And I dont want to keep asking my friend to borrow his. But as soon I get in my truck I plug it up!!
    07-14-08 01:25 PM
    I am too paranoid to let it get past 50%, I have docking stations at work and at home and a car charger. I would lose it if it died on my.
    07-15-08 10:50 AM
    Every once in a while I purposely drain the battery until it doesn't work anymore before I plug it in. Just to keep some life in it.
    07-15-08 11:11 AM
    I try not to. If it's below 50% than I typically put it on the wall charger or USB.
    07-15-08 11:13 AM
    I usually don't but lately I've been really bad about it. I just discovered standby mode on my 8100 so hopefully that will help a little when I forget.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 10:12 PM
    I let mine run low just for the pure fact I go to bed playing with it and i forget to charge it because I fall asleep
    07-15-08 11:34 PM
    A cycle is considered a complete discharge and then a full recharge. This is why one should never let there battery fully drain or get close to fully drained before recharging, it will reduce the useful life of the battery. Li-ion batteries should be charged early and often.
    I do agree about not draining Li-Ions deeply... You probably shouldn't do lots of full discharges on Li-Ions as several partial recharges are easier on a Li-Ion than a deep cycle. I'm seriously guilty of it a lot tho

Having sold CAD/NiMh/Li-ions in the past and having researched it a fair amount, manufactures information I've seen considers any charging, whether it is 15 to 100% or 90 to 100% as a cycle and they're "usually" good for 300-500+ cycles. Just curious (for my own info) where you found that information?
    07-16-08 09:58 AM
    I use mine to the point where the radio shuts off, so I have to dial 911 and quickly end the call so I can keep using it.
    01-24-09 03:18 PM
    I usually charge it when there's 50% left or every other night, whichever comes first.
    01-24-09 03:30 PM
    There was an Official statement from Blackberry about this very issue... can' find the link right now... but basically it said to top off the battery whenever possible around 50%, DON'T drain it to 15% and 20% often... maybe once a month? and... something about letting drain until empty will negatively impact both the life of the battery, (cycles) and the overall charge the battery can hold...
    01-25-09 03:09 AM
    related... Battery Use Tips for your Maximum Battery Life | BlackBerryNews.com
    Last edited by jmr1015; 01-26-09 at 03:14 AM.
    01-25-09 03:15 AM
    yea i try to run it down alot to max the batt longer
    01-25-09 05:10 AM
123 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD