Look let me start off by saying, I'm a tech enthusiast. I love bb10 and I'm very happy with my choice of buying the Z30 about a month and a half ago. But for me and my tech enthusiasts I just love technology and I love using more than one phone, just like some people love cars and others love clothes and so on and so forth. So with this in mind, how many phones is too much? I know there's no set rule or anything but I thought it would be a good question to post here, seeing as how were probably all technology enthusiasts?

Sent from the coolest BlackBerry In the world, The BlackBerry Z30!!!!!!!
    12-26-13 08:27 PM
    Keep in mind to (cause I think I mistyped a bit there) I don't actually have two phones nor do I use two as of this moment.

12-26-13 08:31 PM
    I purchased the z10,Q10, S4, two iPhone 5s (just received my gold one, I'm selling my black one), the Nexus 5. I'll probably end up buying the note 3 and a Nokia device in the next month or so.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    12-26-13 08:32 PM
    I don't really think there is a limit. Roll with what you love and are comfortable with, and chuck the numbers.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-26-13 08:32 PM
    I should can make due with one, however I like technology. Technology, old records, exercise, and books are my vices.

12-26-13 08:34 PM
    There are many correct answers to this question, depending on a user's preferences and employment situation. Personally, I like to have one current smartphone, though I can understand why people might need separate phones for work and personal use.

There are people who use three smartphones at any given time. That's the point of diminishing returns for me, but every user has their reasons, I guess.

Last edited by clickitykeys; 12-26-13 at 09:54 PM.
    12-26-13 08:35 PM
    Some people like to change their phones like others change their underwear. Myself, I have just the one and an older phone as a backup. But that's just me.
    sam81 likes this.
    12-26-13 08:36 PM
    more phones more BB pin that's mean you're much
    12-26-13 08:40 PM
    I should can make due with one, however I like technology. Technology, old records, exercise, and books are my vices.

Those are some pretty good vices.
    12-26-13 08:43 PM
    Some people like to change their phones like others change their underwear. Myself, I have just the one and an older phone as a backup. But that's just me.
    ^^^^^ same here
    12-26-13 08:45 PM
    Thanks guys I ask this here because everyone I talk to doesn't really understand my love of technology and always rolls their eyes when I buy a new phone.

12-26-13 09:13 PM
    MartyMcfly, so seeing as how you own so many devices which one has been your favorite so far

12-26-13 09:51 PM
    MartyMcfly, so seeing as how you own so many devices which one has been your favorite so far

The 5s (followed by the s4/Nexus and z10)...

12-27-13 05:52 AM
    I guess it's like shoes (for women mostly), having a few more around won't hurt.

Maybe the analogy is a bit farfetched, but I need at least:

Flip-flops (or thongs for the Aussies)
    Pair or two Birkenstocks for at home
    black leather shoes for business
    Work boots for garden and "tuff stuff"

That is only for Tropical North Queensland / eternal summer, other areas with more varied weather like Canada will need even more.

Back to phones. Depends on your use case. I will definitely get a WP8 phone / phablet and maybe some iDevice just for fun, whether iPhone, iPad mini or iPod touch. Have used iStuff, but could not quite warm up to it in the past (main reason, guess what, yeah the touch keyboard, haha). My Nexus 4 currently runs Ubuntu Phone developer version.

Edit:
    Also have a 9810 (as mp3/youtube player in bed at night while my BB10s are charging, works great, don't laugh), a dual-SIM Gingerbread, various feature phones like Huawei G6600 (querty!), etc. If you have overseas guests, you just pop a cheap local SIM in for them, so they can avoid roaming charges...

There is always use for an older phone or a second phone.

(edit 2: did I mention I have about 5 laptops in use? ...scattered around the place)

My name is Prem, I'm using BBM ... from my QuZe10 ...whatarhyme...
    Last edited by Prem WatsApp; 12-27-13 at 09:10 AM.
    12-27-13 08:50 AM
    I have three, a 9900 Q10 and iphone 5. Also a second Q10 I won.
    I never deactivated my 9900 when I got the Q10 because I wasn't sure I was going to keep or like it. I did as you can see like and keep the Q.
    I have the iphone 5 because there are apps that the Q BB10 doesn't have.
    Mainly fitness and biking apps as well as any and all video chatting apps Face Time the built in app everyone on apple has.
    But overall just because I like gadgets and am in a position to have any phone I want.
    There are two other iphone users in the household, a SGIV and me on a BlackBerry and Iphone.

As far as upgrades T-Mobile which we are all on has the Jump program that we are part of but I don't want to turn in my phone to get a phone.
    Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 11:02 AM
    You upgrade when you need to, not when you think it is the hype. Purchase every phone out there if you're feeling like building a phone museum someday. To each his own.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    12-27-13 11:15 AM
    As many as you want and can afford and as often as ya want. Unless mother is going to get upset.
    12-27-13 11:31 AM