When you are at home, or sitting at your desk and... out of the corner of your eye... you think you see the red LED blink.

So, you stop everything you are doing to pause, and stare at the red LED to see if its actually blinking or not!

Im guilty... do it all the time!
    anon2100101 likes this.
    03-11-09 07:15 AM
    I do it all the time too...there was actually a very interesting post about this and there is a word for this. Idk I'll look for it, but there is another thing where you SWEAR you heard your phone vibrate or make a beep for a text or email whatever it may be.
    03-11-09 07:18 AM
    I experience phantom vibrate from time to time, but not the LED blink.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 07:20 AM
    I am guilty of this myself. The reception in my house sucks so I catch myself checking the LED to make sure I do not miss any important calls.

03-11-09 07:22 AM
    I keep my LED light off at all times so I don't do this at all. Sorry I can't be one of the cool kids! If I don't hear that alert, then I know there's nothing there, so why bother staring at my phone just hoping I got a new message?

I do, however, check it losts of times when I'm in a loud environment. But that's cause, well you know, I can't hear the alert.

03-11-09 07:24 AM

LOL! I can't count the times I have done this.

I also can't count the times that I have almost hurt myself when my BB had vibrated in my pocket. I have beat my pant leg like it was on fire and jumped a good 3 feet thinking I had some kind of nature on me.

03-11-09 07:27 AM
    ... jumped a good 3 feet thinking I had some kind of nature on me.
    ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-11-09 07:31 AM
    That is hilarious. I do it all the time at work. I keep all tones shut off since the workplace is kind of quiet so I use the LED instead in order to hide my texting addiction.
    03-11-09 07:36 AM
    I am completely guilty of both the vibrate and LED. I'm just glad I'm not the only one!
    03-11-09 07:51 AM
    you know its bad when your fiance is talking to you, you look over to see if it really did blink, and then she watches it too and yells when it didnt. lol
    03-11-09 07:56 AM
    Yea on a rare occassion I'll get that phantom vibe or the blinky-blinky! But its not often-usually my bb is attached to my person at all times so I don't miss something important from any of my kids or the hubby!!

03-11-09 08:04 AM
    That is hilarious. I do it all the time at work. I keep all tones shut off since the workplace is kind of quiet so I use the LED instead in order to hide my texting addiction.
    Likewise, I don't want to annoy my office mates, so the only notification I have is the LED. I keep the phone out of direct sight now, so that I'm not tempted to keep checking it
    03-11-09 08:08 AM
    Guilty! Plus I check it even if it indicates no message, JUST in case.
    03-11-09 08:12 AM
    I tend to keep it to audio alerts (in preferrence to vibrate), so I typicall yhear before I see. But I definitely look over for a fair few seconds for a led (I have berrybuzz so it's ALL different colours)

03-11-09 08:32 AM
    Another thing too, i have BB Alerts installed on my device. My e-mails, SMS, missed calls, etc. are different colors and they are bright...
    03-11-09 08:41 AM
    Yea I do this as well. Mostly at work because it's on vibrate and sometimes I may not feel it so I check it once in awhile. I think it keeps my day going faster lol
    03-11-09 08:48 AM
    I must admit...I have done the pause almost all the time...and I thought I was losing my mind. Glad I'm not the only one. Lol.

03-11-09 09:18 AM
    You mean you actual put down your BB and remove from your direct line of sight?

I have PeekaWho so I get different colored flashes, and I have different sounds for each email account.
    03-11-09 09:30 AM
    More times than I can count! I feel like I'm hallucinating at times.
    03-11-09 10:33 AM
    I've conditioned myself to check the LED first if I haven't paid attention to my phone for a while, so count me in with the guilty!
    03-11-09 10:36 AM
    I use to do the LED Pause, but since I changed my camera key to do "nothing" I just press that to wake up my Storm if I think I missed something.
    03-11-09 10:37 AM
    Bahahaha, couldn't help but laugh on account I do that daily. I'll sometimes catch my self standing or sitting, just staring at the led indicator for 10-30 seconds until I realize it was nothing hahah.
    03-11-09 10:37 AM

I get both. I swear the phone is vibrating, and nothing. This happens multiple times a day. I also check for the LED blink too.

03-11-09 10:47 AM
    My SO had a BB first and i swear i checked it more than she did! I would also always be "telling on" her BB to her when i saw/heard that she got a msg and she didn't realize it. It's these things that made me realize i HAD to get one of my own.
    03-11-09 12:04 PM
    I don't have to pause because I use BerryBuzz. LED flashes quick enough and is so bright I can see it out the corner of my eye.
    03-11-09 12:15 PM
136 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD