So I was planning on bringing my fave (cotton) Red Sox cap with me on vacation in the near future. The only problem is that it had gotten a little dirty with sweat stains and all (sorry if that seems gross).

Well, after doing a little bit of research, my solution was this:

- Rubbed a Tide to Go stick on the worst spots
    - Then also sprayed Shout in all the bad areas
    - washed on a cold/delicates cycle
    - Repeated all of the above
    - air dried

And I am happy to say I was impressed how well things cleaned up without the cap losing any form.
    08-17-10 12:08 PM
    Another way that works is top shelf in your dishwasher, maybe not with the really greasy spaghetti casserole pan. They keep their shape fairly well, and come out spot-free if you use the right suds.
    08-17-10 03:22 PM
    I like my baseball caps nice and worn in
    08-17-10 04:05 PM
    Spend an hour or two in the south and you may want to lose some of the sweat stains... you know, for those fancy outings where a cleaner cap is expected.
    08-17-10 04:13 PM
    I see two benefits. One, I like a clean cap. Always nice, IMHO.

Two, with all the sweat and dirt built up, especially on the front inside of the brim, I actually start to get skin irritation. Clean cap, no irritation.
    08-18-10 10:41 AM
    Glad it worked out well for you. I had an ERA Cardinals cap. White with cardinals red trim turned pink in the washer. ERA caps are supposedly well made.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 10:51 AM
    Never wash reds with your whites... Didn't yo mama tell ya? I remember having pink undies in high school for that very same reason.
    08-18-10 01:28 PM
    im a hat colletor/ big bulky person so i get hot and sweaty fairly easily (sorry if thats too graphic) and i wash my hats all the time they make a hat shaped plastic container thats open for this occasion and it works like a charm for me
    08-18-10 05:34 PM
    These are sold under the name of Ball Cap Buddy, and can be found at WalMart, Target, and some other Stores for about $5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 01:02 PM