Pretty much the only thing I have been using my iPad Air for lately was Candy Crush. It's like what Dumbledore said about the Mirror of Erised:

Men have wasted away before it, entranced by what they have seen, or been driven mad, not knowing if what it shows is real or even possible.
    I hit level 148 I think it was and realized that the levels are arbitrarily difficult and effectively pointless: on that level you have to get two of the special pieces that are made by making a 5 in a straight line combo... but have them end up right next to one another so that you can combine swap them to meet a "order". The board is full of "blocker" pieces that need to be adjacent to a match THREE TIMES before they disappear to make room for a candy with which you can attempt to make the 5 in a straight-line special candy... and you only have 50 moves total to do it all. After playing that board for far longer than I care to admit, I was able to get two of the required candies to be diagonally near one another, but ran out of moves before I could get them side by side: one little hammer lollypop would have solved it for me, but I absolutely refused to pay.

They'll sell you extra pieces for $2 but when a level of a game is arbitrarily difficult like that, where it's virtually impossible to succeed without paying for a special piece, I'm out. If you want people to buy more levels, go ahead, sell extra levels, maybe even at various degrees of difficulty, but Candy Crush is, in effect, badly designed.

I'm just wondering how far others were able to get without being extorted for that sense of... well, I'd say "accomplishment" but you don't actually accomplish anything, do you (but oh, those satisfying "crunch" sounds, that sexy baritone "Sweet! and "Tasty!" and that endlessly looping circus music... it's like that game on Star Trek that seduced then Enterprise D crew and almost led to the Enterprise D being sold to the Romulans or something. It's all Ashley Judd's fault! Ok, it was Riker's fault. I hope he had to take a celibacy oath after that fiasco.)

I've deleted it from my iPad, losing all my progress, so I'll just have to find something else to do with my hands time, but what about you all? Anyone else joined Crushanon?
    11-18-13 05:56 PM
    I'm only at level 3. LOL
    Not nearly as addicted as you!!! lol
    11-19-13 07:30 AM