View Poll Results: How sound do you sleep?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sleep? How can I sleep, the earth is spinning!!!

3 10.71%
  • Butterflies yawning will wake me up!

4 14.29%
  • Turn out the light, turn off that tv, now I can sleep.

11 39.29%
  • Whack me with a stick... I'm AWAKE NOW!!!

1 3.57%
  • Drugged dead rock, in a coma, with earplugs.

8 28.57%
  • Can't sleep texting.....

1 3.57%
    I know a lot of folks have trouble getting to sleep, or happen to be light sleepers. I think I went back for seconds when they were handing out sleeping abilities, because I sleep like a dead rock in a coma! Friends and family ask me how in the heck am I able to just flip a switch and turn myself off. And all I can tell them is, head+pillow=coma.

And the best part is, pretty much nothing will wake me up. A knock on my bedroom door will wake me up, as will calling my name. Normal household songs don't bother me, unless there is something sudden, like breaking glass.

Of course this does not explain the two hurricanes in Florida, the tornado that touched down a block from my house in Texas, the hotel fire alarm in Vegas, or the burnt toast alarm my roommates set off next to my bedroom, that I slept through.
    Last edited by BlkBear; 02-02-09 at 03:13 AM.
    01-31-09 02:13 PM
    It's very very hard for me to fall asleep...

I'm a night owl-

Once I fall asleep though, Not even a BOMB can wake me up!

01-31-09 03:19 PM
    I am like prada. Its **** to fall asleep for the most part but once I am asleep I am out! My wife has to nearly jump on me to wake me (that is a good thing though)
    01-31-09 03:26 PM
    i put my head on the pillow and drift away lol? I have 16+ hour work/school days 5 days a week, so its very easy for me to sleep. I never get enough thats the problem.
    01-31-09 03:44 PM
    I don't sleep very well. It seems after tossing and turning all night, I may fall asleep about 7 am. The dogs are then waking me up at 9 am. ADVIL PM doesn't work. Thinking about trying to get an AMBIEN perscription.
    01-31-09 05:39 PM
    I usually try to sleep with my eyes closed...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 05:44 PM
    I was really gonna say in my birthday suit, but that was not an option.
    01-31-09 05:46 PM
    D@mn!

Very light. The touch of the cat walking all over me brings me awake multiple times per night.
    01-31-09 07:06 PM
    I'm not trying to give out medical advice over the internet.. BUT... the over the counter antihistimine Chlorpheniramine (Chlor-Trimeton) has a better sleep profile than Phenobarbitol. It's the active sleep ingredient in Ny-Quil. NO.. you should not use Nyquil for sleeping. Get Chlortrimeton or generic. Try it.

All the regular advice applies too.

1. Pick a time to go to bed and stick to it. Stop all stimulation besides reading or other quiet activity 1 hour before sleep.
    2. Do nothing in the bedroom besides sleep (and sex). Don't watch TV in bed, don't read in bed. Bedroom is for sleep.
    3. No caffeine after 2pm. Stop drinking all fluids or eating 2 hours before bed.
    4. No alcohol before bed. It makes you crash, then wake up 4 hours later!

.... there are other sleep hygeine rules.. google sleep hygeine. It's what your doctor will recommend in addition to Ambien anyway.

My only advice when taking Ambien is, Get in bed, take it and lie down. The people who sleep walk, eat, drive with Ambien... usually try to stay up after taking it.

Good Luck!
    01-31-09 07:42 PM
    2. Do nothing in the bedroom besides sleep (and sex). Don't watch TV in bed, don't read in bed. Bedroom is for sleep.
    Excellent advice. I have always done this. My bedroom is the most spartan
    bedroom ever. No tv, vcr, dvd player, radio, BlackBerry, etc...

One of the biggest obstacles people have to sleeping well is that they do
    everything else under the sun in their bedroom.
    01-31-09 10:05 PM
    Excellent advice. I have always done this. My bedroom is the most spartan
    bedroom ever. No tv, vcr, dvd player, radio, BlackBerry, etc...

One of the biggest obstacles people have to sleeping well is that they do
    everything else under the sun in their bedroom.
    I'm pretty sure that's why a lot of folks have sleep problems. I'm lucky, doesn't matter what's in my bedroom, won't matter if I'm sleeping.
    02-01-09 03:00 AM
    On my work days I hit the pillow and instant coma. On my off days its very hard for me to fall asleep.
    02-01-09 04:08 AM
    With the help of melatonin

02-01-09 04:37 AM
    it's really hard for me to sleep. i work 12 hour night shifts so when i get home.. i get incredibly anxious because for some reason i think if i am asleep during the day i am going to miss out on a bunch of things. plus most of the time i get home from a shift at work either telling someone young/old they're going to die/have of cancer, or giving chemo, or see someone die. so my mind is on overload half the time.

my room is dark blue and my curtains are dark brown (sounds ugly, but i have a whole Starry night by van gogh theme going on) so i usually just turn the fan on and try to sleep by noon since i have to get up by 530pm if i work that night. if that doesn't work then i take a valium by 1.

but if i do not work the following night and i just got off work at 7am.. then i stay awake until i literally pass out. which is usually around 7pm.

weird sleeping schedule.
    02-01-09 06:08 AM
    Give me a surface and a time of day and I will be asleep for hours!

02-01-09 06:36 AM
    I usually have no problems *going* to sleep and can sleep through most anything.

BUT, I've lost the ability to "sleep in" - I'm awake anywhere between 5am and 5:30am most days . . . even weekends. I could throw my alarm clock (which is set for 6am) out.
    02-01-09 06:46 AM
    I'm not trying to give out medical advice over the internet.. BUT... the over the counter antihistimine Chlorpheniramine (Chlor-Trimeton) has a better sleep profile than Phenobarbitol. It's the active sleep ingredient in Ny-Quil. NO.. you should not use Nyquil for sleeping. Get Chlortrimeton or generic. Try it.

All the regular advice applies too.

1. Pick a time to go to bed and stick to it. Stop all stimulation besides reading or other quiet activity 1 hour before sleep.
    3. No caffeine after 2pm. Stop drinking all fluids or eating 2 hours before bed.
    4. No alcohol before bed. It makes you crash, then wake up 4 hours later!

.... there are other sleep hygeine rules.. google sleep hygeine. It's what your doctor will recommend in addition to Ambien anyway.

My only advice when taking Ambien is, Get in bed, take it and lie down. The people who sleep walk, eat, drive with Ambien... usually try to stay up after taking it.

Good Luck!
    Thanks I will have to look for this and check it out. I don't drink caffeine, so I am ok there. I will work on the others.

02-01-09 09:55 AM
    I need complete darkness and quiet to fall asleep
    02-01-09 10:46 AM
    doesn't matter to me...as soon as i have my mask on for my CPAP Machine, and that air is blowing slowly into my nose, i'm out!!!! i can have the tv on or off...music on or off. doesn't matter the loudness... i'll be out.
    02-01-09 11:31 PM
    I need complete darkness, I mean I really can't fall asleep with lights on, unless I'm taking a nap during the day or something. And I usually have my Ipod playing soft music.
    02-01-09 11:38 PM
    upside down hanging from the ceiling
    02-02-09 12:09 AM
    upside down hanging from the ceiling
    Of course you vampires sleep during the day, anyway.

02-02-09 12:31 AM
    Of course you vampires sleep during the day, anyway.

That or the men in the white coats have cereal killing in a hanging straight jacket.
    02-02-09 03:15 AM
    I work 12 hour days for one weeks then 12 hour nights the next week then back to days again so I have a VERY hard time sleeping anytime at all. If I take 5 (yes 5) Tylanol pms at 9 I mught get to sleep at 11 then I am wide awake again at 2. Fun fun.

02-02-09 03:36 AM
    I also use a CPAP machine, and I work super early, so on the days that I go to bed and it's still light out, I can put a pillow over my face and I zonk. Once I'm asleep, it doesn't matter what happens. Phone rings, dog is on n off the bed, wife comes to bed, I sleep through all of it. And we have a TV in our bedroom and it doesn't bother us. I *will* usually stay awake if the TV is on and I'm watching it, wifey will fall asleep with it on. I'll actually set the sleep timer and wait till the TV turns off to put my mask on and go to bed.

02-02-09 03:44 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD