Okay so last night were at the bar.... we show up at 9 and everyone in our group is drinking, except me and the wife. !2 a clock rolls around and theyre on about round 4 or 5 of patron shots. buying 5 each time. at like 8 or 12 bucks a shot... between the rounds theyre all drinking their drinks and me and the wife are drinking pepsi.... one of the guys with us pounds his whole long insland and then slams the glass down... ice gets on the table and the waitress gets pissed off... we clean it up ourselves and go back to having a good time... about 10 minutes later I go to order another pepsi and she says "your whole table is cut off" Im like "wtf, Im drinking pepsi, how am i cut off?" she says "your cut off" and walks off....

so here is the whole reason im posting about this....

If you were cut off would it effect the amount of tip you leave or would you leave one? I personaly didnt leave one.... I figure it like this.... if were ordering round of patrons all night, you should be basically be hovering our table and giving us good service... its not like were ordering shots of 2 dollar house tequila... I also feel like... if youre gonna cut me off, obvisouly you dont want my money anymore, so im not leaving you a tip... i dont give a damn if i pissed on your bar stool, threw up, or was just plain an A-hole....

how does everyone else feel?
    08-31-08 01:22 PM
    the most out of hand he got was slammin his cup down...
    I think its ****** im drinking pepsi and i cant get another one. its not alcohol... and im not asking for "if i did the right thing" Im just wondering what other people would do if they were cut off.
    08-31-08 03:29 PM
    I've never been "cut off" before, but I'd probably leave a tip and go elsewhere.

As for how much - depends on how much I drank, what I drank, if I'm even sane enough to count, but I'm pretty sure my friends would help me out, lol.
    08-31-08 03:37 PM
    Come to Britain! You don't get table service, you don't tip in most places [not common-place for drinking]. I see the point of the staff if they think it is getting a bit raucous but on the other hand if you are buying non-alcoholic, whats the harm?
    08-31-08 03:43 PM
    I don't ever remember getting cut off. Literally, I DONT REMEMBER .

Seriously, I usually tip as I go so the waitron knows I tip well. That usually buys a little good will from the staff. I wouldn't have stiffed her for the whole night. The tip would just down to a 10 or 15% level for poor service. Sounds like she had a rough night and took it out on you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-08 04:51 PM
    Leave a tip. You were served, and until someone at your table
    did something to concern the employees of the bar there is no
    indication in your story that the service was bad.

And really, does what you are drinking entitle you to some
    extra special level of service?
    08-31-08 04:54 PM
    I don't blame you I would have been mad as well and I wouldn't leave a tip either but not because of being cut off but because of the way she acted and secondly I've never been cut off even thoe numerous times I should have been

08-31-08 05:00 PM
    hmmmm....what if I, the "customer" became the server, would I want a tip? I probably deserve a tip a lilttle or alot depending on service.. Just food for thought...what if you/we were the one working that night for that party??? And no,Ive never been cut off...thats infuriating
    08-31-08 09:43 PM
    Sorry i HONESTLY could not resist, it is amazingly perfect...

09-03-08 01:16 PM
    But getting back to the point...

getting cut off really sucks, especially if its brought on by something one of your buddies did and not you.

Did you offer to but a pepsi either starting a new tab, or with cash?
    09-03-08 01:20 PM
    If I got cut off because I was being a ****, loud and obnoxious then I would deserve it. I don't think everyone around me should have to tolerate me, or clean up after me if I barf everywhere, just because I'm spending a lot of money to get myself that way.

However, I was a bartender for 11 years and I have successfully cut off the barfing/obnoxious one without cutting off his friends. Your waitress did not handle the situation in a professional way at all. It sounds like she was quite rude. In which case: No tip.
    09-06-08 12:15 AM
    Tip? What tip???

09-06-08 07:18 AM
    I've never been cut off. Not that i haven't been drunk enough to be but the bars in my area are just happy if you're not fighting. And i'm way to happy of a drunk to be fighting at the bar.
    09-06-08 09:42 AM
    I wouldn't leave a tip. I work hard for my money and put up with a lot of sh*t. I'm not tipping someone that doesn't have my work ethic or a work ethic better then mine. If you stop working to serve me then bibi.. your job is failed. You have to work harder then me to get my money.
    09-07-08 11:42 AM
    I'd probably just leave a couple of pennies in that case, just so the waitress didn't think you "forgot" to tip. That sounds like lousy service if they cut you off from plain non alcoholic soda.

That might have been worth a talk with the manager about infact. As well as informing the manager that you might have to consider changing establishments in the future if poor service like that continues.

I could see if anyone at the table asked for more alcohol but that's sure not the case. Especially since you guys cleaned it up yourselves.

That sort of reaction would be almost unheard of for me, as I'm pretty much a 20% tipper for decent service, a little more for great service. But poor service like that is completely uncalled for, at least in my opinion.
    09-16-08 01:05 AM
    But getting back to the point...
    Wait... there is an actual point to this thread??? lol

I am just playing... I actually found it quite entertaining and interesting

09-16-08 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD