I bought an LG Scoop for my daughter on Ebay. First of all, it was supposed to be in "normal use" condition but it looks like it got chewed up by a puppy or dropped on the cement about 5 times. Anyway, the phone was also advertised as "unlocked". Although it is an Alltel phone and I was planning on using it on Alltel, how do I tell if it is truly "unlocked". If its not, I'm thinking I can take some action through PayPal. I've never been jacked on Ebay before so I'm not really sure what to do. It certainly was misrepresented as far as physical condition but I think if its not unlocked, that would seal the deal for me to take some action. I don't know, maybe I should just suck it up and deal? What do you think?
    10-15-09 09:02 PM
    Alltel is a CDMA network. You can't unlock CDMA phones.
    10-15-09 09:05 PM
    If the phone is a 9530 or a 9630 or ANY CDMA/GSM hybrid you can unlock them.

don't question me i know many a' people using the 9530 and the 9630 on T-Mobile which is GSM....

are you dealing with a blackberry? to see if it is unlocked?
    10-16-09 03:04 PM
    I would think someone with over 5,000 posts would know better.
    10-16-09 03:15 PM
    Post count doesn't really mean much... That being said, I agree with pltaylor.
    Last edited by S7ar Scr3am; 10-16-09 at 03:26 PM.
    10-16-09 03:17 PM

are you dealing with a blackberry? to see if it is unlocked?
    He's using an LG Scoop.

I think the only way to see if it is unlocked is put in another provider's SIM.
    10-16-09 03:25 PM
    If the phone is a 9530 or a 9630 or ANY CDMA/GSM hybrid you can unlock them.

don't question me i know many a' people using the 9530 and the 9630 on T-Mobile which is GSM....

But it's not, it's an LG Scoop. And as far unlocking the 9530/9560, I kinda wrote the book on that wiseass.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-106023/

Post count doesn't really mean much... That being said, I agree with pltaylor.

Agreed.

He's using an LG Scoop.

I think the only way to see if it is unlocked is put in another provider's SIM.
    The LG Scoop is not a GSM or World phone. CDMA only, NO SIM card. Therefore NO UNLOCKIE
    Last edited by pltaylor; 10-16-09 at 03:39 PM.
    10-16-09 03:37 PM
    I would think someone that joined the site 3 months ago wouldn't have over 2,000 posts full of talking sh!t to everyone but you're living proof of that.
    Post count doesn't mean anything but you seem to think otherwise.

Learn something new every day right?
    10-16-09 03:39 PM
    But it's not, it's an LG Scoop. And as far unlocking the 9530/9560, I kinda wrote the book on that wiseass.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-106023/

Agreed.

The LG Scoop is not a world phone. CDMA only, no SIM card.
    Oh schnap!! That's some of the best ownage I've seen in a long time. Well played, sir.
    10-16-09 03:39 PM
    10-16-09 03:41 PM
    I quote you said "You can't unlock CDMA phones." which is not ture..... you unlock them only if they use SIM cards i wasn't being a "wiseass" i was stating the fact.... and i don't care if you "wrote the book on them" and if it is a NY Times best seller - - - i'm not going to sit down a search everyone's post to see what they said in previous statements.... you said "You can't unlock CDMA phones." and i went off of that statement.
    10-16-09 03:43 PM
    But it's not, it's an LG Scoop. And as far unlocking the 9530/9560, I kinda wrote the book on that wiseass.HowTo:Get All Features (Browser, MMS) Working on AT&T w/Unlocked Storm 95xx

HowTo:Get All Features (Browser, MMS) Working on T-Mobile w/Unlocked Storm 95xx

Although I have no idea what any of you are talking about, reading the above gave me goosebumps it was so good.
    10-16-09 03:44 PM
    I would think someone that joined the site 3 months ago wouldn't have over 2,000 posts full of talking sh!t to everyone but you're living proof of that.
    Post count doesn't mean anything but you seem to think otherwise.

Learn something new every day right?
    Robot, you're second place in the "Best Ownage" category.

Here's a cookie.
    10-16-09 03:45 PM
    I quote you said "You can't unlock CDMA phones." which is not ture..... you unlock them only if they use SIM cards i wasn't being a "wiseass" i was stating the fact.... and i don't care if you "wrote the book on them" and if it is a NY Times best seller - - - i'm not going to sit down a search everyone's post to see what they said in previous statements.... you said "You can't unlock CDMA phones." and i went off of that statement.
    And I stand by that statement. The Scoop (which is the phone in question)is a CDMA phone. The 9630, 9530 and 8830 (which had buttkiss to do with this thread) are World phones.
    10-16-09 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD