So, when did you first meet the love of your life, the 8900? My story is I went to the T-Mobile a few days before the 8900 came out hoping my store would have it but they didn't. The incredibly nice sales guy was nice enough to let my play with the dummy 8900. The second I touched it I knew I had to have it! So a week later I came back and got it! It was love at first sight!
    06-26-09 03:46 PM
    Idk if my love for my phone is that deep, but after seeing so many reviews on this phone, I finally went to the store and played with it, the week it came out. I had to have it, so I sold my old 8320, and bought the phone a week later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 03:58 PM
    Actually upgraded my son to one from his TMo Sidekick. I remember at the time thinking it was way too small. Somehow developed a hankering for it, and then bought one for myself! Great BB!
    06-26-09 04:11 PM
    So, when did you first meet the love of your life, the 8900? My story is I went to the T-Mobile a few days before the 8900 came out hoping my store would have it but they didn't. The incredibly nice sales guy was nice enough to let my play with the dummy 8900. The second I touched it I knew I had to have it! So a week later I came back and got it! It was love at first sight!
    I believe love might be a tad over exxageration. My journey was long, actually. Since I only keep track of phones that are out and not coming out, I had no clue about the hype for the phone.

I came due for an upgrade and the only requirement was a qwerty keyboard and organizational stuff like calenders and tasks. I settled on the Samsung Propel and to be honest, I really, really loved the propel. It was a good phone except for one issue that was a deal breaker. Battery life was awful. Having been through a tornado in March and knowing the value of a cell phone that lasts and lasts, I just couldn't have one that would die easily.

So, I turned that one in and I'd been kinda eyeing the bb curve 8310. I knew I could get it at Wally world (local slang for Wal-mart) for next to nothing so I went there and got the 8310. I fell in love with it. I had the red one and to be honest, I miss that stylish red! The problem with this phone was the gps. I should have known better than to go to Wally world for anything. My dd got a phone there and it only lasted a few months. So I returned the phone.

Deciding not to repeat the mistake again with Wally world, I decided to go back to the AT&T store. In the week in between my getting my 8310 and returning it, the 8900 came out. It had wifi and a 3.2 mp camera. I talked a lot with the lady at the store who is a bb fanatic and btw, she said her next phone was going to be the 8900. So after hemming ande hawing since I really did like the 8310, I finally decided that the camera and wifi won out. After all, I have grandchildren who are in constant need of having their picture taken .

I must admit since I got the 8900, I've really enjoyed it (love is such a strong word) and I've got it set up with ring tones and wallpapers and such, great apps that I like, mostly free i.e viigo, weather eye (strangely since the tornado I've been very weather conscious), pandora etc.
    06-26-09 05:10 PM
    I owned an 8310 in 2008 and was deployed to iraq in sept 08 for 8 months. Being an avid berry fan I was constantly browsing online looking for which berry was gonna be out once I came home.
    I knew I was gonna upgrade cuz its kinda like tradition for me to get a new phone after every deployment(I've been three times), and while I gotta admit
    My first instinct was to get a storm because I'm a sucker for touch screens! But after reading up on the two the 8900 seemed like the better choice for me.
    And I'm sooooo glad I went with it!!! I LOVE my berry!!! Strong word or not I don't care!!!! I use it for everything everyday of every minute! And it never leaves my side!
    Email messaging music pitures video browsing and oh ya it even makes phone calls! Lol. And the saga continues....

06-26-09 08:48 PM
    We met on the internet. Sprint.com is an awesome hook up website. I figured I would give her a month but she has grown on me.

06-26-09 09:21 PM
    Ever since I switched to my Catholic school .. I noticed everyone had blackberrys ... at my old school I used to think they were just for white collar execs who were bored and had nothing better to do then play soduko and check emails 24.7.
    But oh, oh how wrong I was.
    Yet as the school year progressed... more and more of these berrys were popping up.. I'd walk through the halls to get to my class and hear "hey! i got a new bb gimme your pin!" ... pin? what's a pin? .. and that's when my research started .. an exclusive chat service for bb users?.. hmm.. so the months went by, did my research, was interested in the Bold but then the 8900 came out .. was frankly astonished that RIM made a "consumer-centric" device.. but I wasn't amazed at the 224.99 3 year price. I seemed to enjoy my N95... new years came, thought up of some resolutions and the number one thing was to get a new phone. Months go by, waiting for price drops .. sales .. anything! (i've been with rogers for around 5 years now so I had no contract) then April 1st comes. Can't wait anymore, must call retentions. Blackberry 8900 for free if I resign for 2 years. Sold.
    waiting for that one week was the longest week of my life, constantly checking the UPS site, minute after minute for 4 full days. Thank god i ordered it on a monday. Thursday comes, and the doorbell rings ... ecstatic, jumping up and down.. open the package .. and there it is ...
    The excitement has definately gone down a bit but that day must have been one of my happiest days
    06-26-09 09:24 PM
    I had always been an avid Sidekick user until my Sidekick 2008 broke. I was stuck using the cheapest phone I could find...Blackberry 7290. I hated it but I started to use it more and I found that I was really liking the Blackberry style...I just needed something a little more updated.

A month later, the 8900 was rumored to be coming out. I called Retentions on 1/20 pretending to be a business customer and I got it! It was a match made in heaven. This is the phone for me!
    06-27-09 09:45 AM
    Hmmm, I guess I'm off-subject, but my Storm and I met Christmas day when I opened up that shiny red present box with the green ribbon on top. I opened it and almost passed out once I saw that there was a Storm inside! Love you Mom =]
    06-27-09 10:53 AM
    I wouldn't say I "love" the phone but so far I like it the best of any I've had. I met her at the Tmo store after my 2 year old daughter drowned the last phone and my wife recommended a BB. I almost got the 8320 but with a discount I got the 8900 for the same price so I picked "her" up. So far I haven't had to beat her or threaten her to do what she's supposed to do .
    06-28-09 07:46 PM
    Before my bb I always used flip phones. I had my motorazr V3a and couldn't have been happier!! Hubbie and I got them and a couple months later hubbie totaled his razr. So I made the biggest mistake ever when I went into Alltel- asked the sales rep to point out the best phone in there -she directed me to the pearl 8130. After a month with my pearl I found this site and learned sooooooo much about my phone and blackberry devices. And two months later I upgraded to the curve and now I want the bold!!! I learn more and more each day from this site!!

06-29-09 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD