I'm more proud today than ever for the speech of my new president
    so proud to be an American
    01-20-09 12:05 PM
    Same here. I watched the streaming video at school and couldn't stop smiling.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 01:33 PM
    Today was great watched the whole ceremony what a country we live in. Life is good.
    01-20-09 01:38 PM
    Well I will take your word for it- the news stations have been reporting the speech as mediocre at best. I heard there was no mention of the state of the economy....anyone know?
    01-20-09 08:57 PM
    Well I will take your word for it- the news stations have been reporting the speech as mediocre at best. I heard there was no mention of the state of the economy....anyone know?
    01-20-09 10:51 PM
    ^Thats very sweet but I didn't watch it the first time for a reason I will take your word for it.
    01-20-09 11:03 PM
    Why wont you watch it?
    01-20-09 11:39 PM
    I especially liked the part when the reverend said, "May the black not have to give back, may the brown stick around, may the yellow be mellow, may the red get ahead, and may the white do what's right."

Somewhere around here there is a thread asking of you use your BB while on the toilet... good thing a bathroom was available just after that...
    01-20-09 11:43 PM
    I don't think Obama's speech was written with the intent of having a lot of memorable quotes to take from it; that's fine...not all speech writers and orators have that in mind when approaching such a task. The mark of a concise and effective speech isn't the benchmark of potential legendary quotes it meets.

To me; a quality speech is one that addresses the plight of the moment; and the highnotes of the moment...and the obstacles, solutions, negative/positive outcomes of the low/highnotes. A speech in the capacity of an inauguration speech wasn't meant to delve into the entrenched specifics of challenges; I feel Obama did set/canvas an assertive and effective tone for what is going to be on the plate from today onwards.

Godspeed President Obama, Godspeed.
    01-20-09 11:55 PM
    LMAO jdoc.

Obama certainly does not lack charisma. He enthralls people with his knowledge and vocabulary. When he speaks people are entranced. I don't know if he was a good pick or even if he can do the job, but he can certainly unite a nations people in a way most of us have never seen or will ever see again. His likability factor is through the roof.

I will say I was proud of my nation today and every other day! My 11 year old daughter can see now that you can be anyone/anything you want! That this is truly a land of oppurtunity. If he governs only half as good as he speaks then our nation will do a 360. We need a hero.

01-21-09 12:05 AM
    I am not gonna lie, I first started noticing about Obama because of his skin colour 2 years ago. But as he become more popular i started noticing his speeches.. it was just more than his color.

I am canadian btw..
    01-21-09 12:12 AM
    Whether your Democrat or Republican, whether your voted for him or not, no matter what color, creed, gender, nationality, sexuality, or if your from another planet, the sight in front of the capital could not be denied. There was such a diverse mix of AMERICANS out there. It was beautiful.

01-21-09 12:31 AM
    Whether your Democrat or Republican, whether your voted for him or not, no matter what color, creed, gender, nationality, sexuality, or if your from another planet, the sight in front of the capital could not be denied. There was such a diverse mix of AMERICANS out there. It was beautiful.
    I agree.

3addisons, why do you care what was mentioned if you wont even watch it first hand?
    01-21-09 10:14 AM
    well i must agree with CJH315 ...
    that speech was monumental and if i don't say so one of his best speeches
    01-22-09 08:19 AM
    i watched it... it was a great speech...
    01-22-09 10:27 AM
    It was a bit of a folly how Chief Justice Roberts mangled the oath on an inauguration of such historic porportions...when everything else on inauguration day went without a glitch.

Constitutionally; Obama became President at noon on Tuesday; with or without an oath. However for the sake of quelling any doubt; Obama was re-sworn in by Roberts yesterday. This time...with no hiccup.

01-22-09 11:08 AM
    It was a bit of a folly how Chief Justice Roberts mangled the oath on an inauguration of such historic porportions...when everything else on inauguration day went without a glitch.

Constitutionally; Obama became President at noon on Tuesday; with or without an oath. However for the sake of quelling any doubt; Obama was re-sworn in by Roberts yesterday. This time...with no hiccup.

I totally agree he did a big hiccup and thank god obama corrected him
    and re-did it just in case
    01-22-09 08:39 PM
    I thought it sounded pretty botched myself. How did I feel? I felt like a dark cloud of impending doom came over the country.

It's already started.
    Urban Policy

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.
    Do not reply if you think an assault weapon is "one of them black evil guns".
    01-23-09 07:02 PM
    I haven't watched it, But I shall now.
    01-24-09 01:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD