Apple has not once been innovative in its life.

Posted via CB10
    That may be the most moronic statement I've ever read. I think by your evidence you mean "inventive" instead of "innovative". Apple may not have invented many of the things they use but are quite innovative in the way they design, build, package, deliver, and nurture their products. Their whole Ecosystem is an innovation, as is their advertising, and their design. They have been at the forefront of innovation since the Apple II in the late 1970's, which was also quite configurable.
    Last edited by co4nd; 03-08-14 at 08:56 PM.
    03-08-14 08:29 PM
    I don't think MS was really to upset by the whole MAC vs PC thing. I think for MS Apple having even 10% of the computer market is a necessary annoyance to avoid the regulators. I think the people that took those adds personally were the Windows fanboys.
    Agreed. While 1.3 million Windows expats bought a Mac by the end of the first year of the 'Get a Mac' campaign, Mac OS continues to be a minority in the desktop market today. My point was Apple took advantage of the opportunity they were given. The $150 million investment from Microsoft in '97 allowed Apple to consolidate its Mac business, and develop the iPod and iTunes.

Apple's situation in '97 is strikingly similar to BlackBerry's today. BlackBerry has had declining sales, historically low stock price, has had 3 in different CEO's in the past 4 years, and was so close to being bought out. So did Apple. BlackBerry received a large cash investment, continues to be strong in the corporate environment and "prosumers", and has a loyal cult following. So did Apple.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    03-08-14 08:34 PM
    That may be the most moronic statement I've ever read.
    Be nice.

And, yes, I admit when it first came out, the Apple computers were innovative. But since its re-emergence, what have the brought to the world which hasn't already existed?

Perhaps I am a bit jaded when I hear things like "The iPhone 5s is the most innovative phone on the market " for adding a biometric fingerprint scanner 9 years after my thinkpad had one.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 08:45 PM
    Be nice.

And, yes, I admit when it first came out, the Apple computers were innovative. But since its re-emergence, what have the brought to the world which hasn't already existed?

Perhaps I am a bit jaded when I hear things like "The iPhone 5s is the most innovative phone on the market " for adding a biometric fingerprint scanner 9 years after my thinkpad had one.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, for that, I'll be nice, but you don't have to invent something or be first to use it to be innovative with it. What did IBM do with that technology that separated them from everybody else, did it differentiate the Thinkpad from it's competitors, did it really add much to the user experience. I had one on an HP laptop as well but it had driver conflicts when the machine was new and never I used it. On a computer it's not really a big deal to type a password, on a phone it's beautifully efficient as a logon mechanism, where a password is cumbersome. Innovation is taking what you can create and/or whats available and using it in a new way to make your product better for the user and thereby differentiating yourself from the competition.
    03-08-14 09:16 PM
    Step 1: Revolutionize a consumer electronics category (iPod)
    Step 2: Revolutionize another consumer electronics category (iPhone)
    Step 3: Revolutionize yet another consumer electronic category (iPad)
    Step 4: Revolutionize consumer electronics retailing (Apple Store)
    Step 5: Do the other categories pretty well (PCs, notebooks, monitors, etc.)
    Hahahaha... it's all the same thing.

Watch and LOL. It's not that innovative after all.

Admittedly, the stores are a cool thing. But not too hard, if you think about it.

Desktops / notebooks: yeah, any UNIX based system will always outperform Windows in stability and security, if it has a simple and easy enough to use GUI bolted on.

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    03-10-14 02:42 AM
    Hahahaha... it's all the same thing.

Watch and LOL. It's not that innovative after all.

Admittedly, the stores are a cool thing. But not too hard, if you think about it.

Desktops / notebooks: yeah, any UNIX based system will always outperform Windows in stability and security, if it has a simple and easy enough to use GUI bolted on.

No meant in a mean way.

If Apple and the iSheep have a bit of humor, they can take and appreciate a bit of fun.

03-10-14 02:58 AM
    They had Steve Jobs. Now in few years time let's see if they can keep up. Apple is in different leadership so we'll see how the boat sails.

via Q10
    03-17-14 06:18 AM
    the same way its going to sink back down into irrelevance if it doesnt watch the quality of its products!
    I have a macbook pro and have been using mac for 10+ years now, but slowly im beginning to think that i am paying ONLY for design...
    03-19-14 11:18 AM
    the same way its going to sink back down into irrelevance if it doesnt watch the quality of its products!
    I have a macbook pro and have been using mac for 10+ years now, but slowly im beginning to think that i am paying ONLY for design...
    As long as they're e able to stay 'cool' and simple they won't have to be that innovative. a lot of people that have Igadgets don't even know how they work, my GF for instance has had an IPhone for more than a year but every time it comes to do something that involves 'tech stuff' I'm the one doing it (and then get pissed off and throwing it all over the place because how hard it is to achieve simple stuff as to reload the OS without running into an error in itunes...).

What I just said may not make sense. But honestly I really think that most people that have iphones don't even know why they got one, they just know that a lot of people have it and they decided why not...

Maybe tech geeks will eventually switch to another OS, but apple has the masses locked for years to come.

And I personally think that we can't really compare it to blackberrys great years, because blackberry never got the big cool games nor the zipos and farts apps
    -_-....teens don't want a productive phone, they just want something cool and appel is 'suppa duppa cool'. sad but true.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 11:46 PM
    my GF for instance has had an IPhone for more than a year but every time it comes to do something that involves 'tech stuff' I'm the one doing it (and then get pissed off and throwing it all over the place because how hard it is to achieve simple stuff as to reload the OS without running into an error in itunes...).

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, without jail breaking in would have never bought a iPhone but as for the errors it's crazy. When I owned a windows computer I got tons of them but once I bought a mac. LOL I never saw another error again. I use to have to restart my pc and turn the firewall off just to get wifi syncing to work, my imac does it with ease.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 12:01 AM
    Yeah, without jail breaking in would have never bought a iPhone but as for the errors it's crazy. When I owned a windows computer I got tons of them but once I bought a mac. LOL I never saw another error again. I use to have to restart my pc and turn the firewall off just to get wifi syncing to work, my imac does it with ease.

Posted via CB10
    Ah man, I can't stand it. I've got an ipod touch 4th Gen and in the 3 years I have had it I've yet to understand how to load my music with iTunes (I'm an hip hop fan, so most of my music comes from free 'mixtapes' so I guess itunes thinks that's piracy or something). I may be stupid, but I had to download a third party software on my PC just to be able to get music on that thing. And don't even get me started on being able to take out my music and saving it on my Pc. I swear to god every time I have to deal with an iPhone/ipod I end up wanting to kill someone and dissing my GF for her love towards her iPhone! Don't get me wrong, they have great products, but I can't see myself buying more apple products because of all the restrictions.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 12:22 AM
36 12