One can tell if milk has gone bad; sour smell and taste, curd-like consistency. Probably the color would be slight yellow tinge? Of course there's the obvious expiry date.
    Here's the Q.
    What about yoghurt? Its sour (plain yoghurt in this case), smells sour, kinda semi-solid too color wise....whitish? While it is over the expiry date ( 2 days). Besides,yoghurt is cultured by bacteria anyway, would it be bad to consume an "spoiled" yoghurt?

IMO, yoghurt is spoilt milk made to eat by a bunch of scientist to not waste it.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 03:07 AM
    If it was kept cold I think it would be ok to eat if it's only a couple of days past the expiration date. I'm guessing you will know once you take the first bit.
    keepingsane101 likes this.
    10-11-13 05:59 AM
    If it was kept cold I think it would be ok to eat if it's only a couple of days past the expiration date. I'm guessing you will know once you take the first bit.
    I would try a fierce stare down.
    If the yogurt bites you first, probably best to avoid eating it.
    10-11-13 06:05 AM
    Good call.
    10-11-13 06:42 AM
    Well, it didn't bite me back. I bit it first. in any case i'll let you know how it goes.

Weird, I tried attaching the image. Nothing happens?
    Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 06:48 AM
    Best thing is to throw it out! Don't wanna risk a stomach upset over it.
    10-11-13 06:54 AM
    Unfortunately I just bought it week ago. Didn't check the expiry date only to realize that it expires very soon. :/

practice moderation
    Attached Thumbnails How to check...-1381492694969.jpg  
    10-11-13 07:00 AM
    Lmao!

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    10-11-13 09:50 AM
    I go by the smell. If it smells a bit vinegary or has a 'bite', I toss. If it smells ok but the taste is questionable after a small taste, I toss. Don't mess with dairy.
    10-11-13 11:10 AM
    Best Before Dates are different than Expiry Dates...as long as it tastes okay it should be fine. I would eat it but that's just me - I eat things past expiry/best before dates all the time. I've had milk sour in the fridge before the expiry date and I've had milk last way beyond the expiry date. I base everything on taste. I don't know if I've built up my constitution but I haven't gotten sick yet from eating anything past the expiry/best before date.
    10-11-13 02:04 PM
    Melh72, I hear ya. I do that too. Feel it's such a waste to toss em out like that. But I usually try to finish them (dairy) fast. Well so far so good, no toilet emergency yet! If i'd ever nuke the bathroom, i'll let you guys know.

Boredom is mankind's greatest adversity
    10-11-13 08:03 PM
    I have found this works for some things:

Posted via CB10
    middbrew likes this.
    10-11-13 08:21 PM
    So, are you still alive?
    10-13-13 04:53 PM
    One can tell if milk has gone bad; sour smell and taste, curd-like consistency. Probably the color would be slight yellow tinge? Of course there's the obvious expiry date.
    Here's the Q.
    What about yoghurt? Its sour (plain yoghurt in this case), smells sour, kinda semi-solid too color wise....whitish? While it is over the expiry date ( 2 days). Besides,yoghurt is cultured by bacteria anyway, would it be bad to consume an "spoiled" yoghurt?

IMO, yoghurt is spoilt milk made to eat by a bunch of scientist to not waste it.

Posted via CB10
    Does it climb out the pot and slap you? If yes, avoid eating said yoghurt.
    Anilu7 and Undbiter65 like this.
    10-14-13 12:28 AM
    Does it climb out the pot and slap you? If yes, avoid eating said yoghurt.
    10-14-13 12:30 AM
    Yeah i'm still alive and posting on the forum. But I have yet to finish that darn tub of yoghurt.
    On the other hand, any ideas on the shelf life of a frozen fish?

Last edited by keepingsane101; 10-14-13 at 04:37 AM.
    10-14-13 01:32 AM
    Yeah i'm still alive and posting on the forum. But I have yet to finish that darn tub of yoghurt.
    On the other hand, any ideas on the shelf life of a frozen fish?

Why is it on a shelf? Is it still frozen?
    10-14-13 11:50 AM
    You know it's okay to shop from the bargain bin. However when it comes to food such as expire yogurt or frozen fishes on the shelves, i'll go for the canned goods. At least the food are vacuum seal inside a can. Unless you are a human volunteer for the FDA due to the shut down of the government. I say dilute the yogurt into your kitchen sink and release the frozen fish to the wild for the racoons.
    10-14-13 02:03 PM
    I would say so long as it stays frozen, could be months. Assuming you either got it frozen or froze it right after you got it home.
    10-14-13 02:04 PM
    You know it's okay to shop from the bargain bin. However when it comes to food such as expire yogurt or frozen fishes on the shelves, i'll go for the canned goods. At least the food are vacuum seal inside a can. Unless you are a human volunteer for the FDA due to the shut down of the government. I say dilute the yogurt into your kitchen sink and release the frozen fish to the wild for the racoons.
    I say put the cat in the freezer, throw out the yoghurt and the fish and buy canned goods.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    10-14-13 02:26 PM
    I say put the cat in the freezer, throw out the yoghurt and the fish and buy canned goods.
    It will do wonder for my skin.
    10-14-13 02:32 PM
    Its been frozen.for months forgotten. I will not tempt fate to try cooking that fish. But as for the yoghurt, I didn't but it off some clearance sale whatnot. Obviously someone forgot to do inventory on their stock and check the expiry dates on their items and putting them aside for URGENT clearance seeing that it was nearing expiry date; in a matter of days.
    Then again it's also my fault for not checking.

10-14-13 10:06 PM
    I would toss the lot. Don't mess around with food.
    10-14-13 10:58 PM
    Toss, Toss, Toss it all!

White Q10 on AT&T (BBM #5)
    10-15-13 12:21 AM
    Sounds like a good song! For spring cleaning too lmao!
    10-16-13 11:57 AM
34 12