Any tips from ppl in college, damn my grades ARE suffering after I got my data plan...
    03-28-11 02:32 PM
    Not in college any more myself, but in lots of circumstances where the BB is not welcome such as meetings. I keep the ring tones off. Sometimes the phone must live in the car. The only real way to avoid using the phone is to not touch the device. Otherwise lots of willpower.

Good luck.
    03-28-11 04:28 PM
    Leav it in the bottom of the backpack or bag. Or even just leave it in your car or locker.

Thats what I've done is leave tit in the botto of my backpack with All Alerts Off
    03-28-11 04:46 PM
    Honestly the best way is not to bring it to class at all.

Set it up so you voicemail gives a sensible message saying you are in class.

Leave the phone in your room, car, locker during classes. That way, you are certain to to fiddle with it.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-28-11 05:28 PM
    It's called restraint, just DON'T do it.
    03-28-11 05:30 PM
    I have heavily been using my blackberry in class the past few days
    03-28-11 06:08 PM
    Leave it at home, thats it
    When class is done, Do whatever you want!
    03-29-11 04:59 AM
    Any tips from ppl in college, damn my grades ARE suffering after I got my data plan...
    I'm with ya. I'm usually in class checking stock quotes or making trades. Which is even worse than you when I start losing money and I can't let my anger out.
    04-14-11 08:12 PM
    Put it on silent and throw in your bag. If you don't hear it, you're not as tempted.
    04-18-11 11:20 AM
    While not a core class, or even a class pertaining to your major, "restraint" is a lesson you need to learn in college.

It will take you far in life.

Before my classes start, I put it on silent. Not vibrate, but silent. I promise that text/call/stock update/facebook post will be there when class gets out.
    04-24-11 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD