There's a huge difference between socializing with other employees (which is actually desired in most work places, because it increases morale and employee output) and attempting to bypass employer limitations on work provided internet connection.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-11 11:53 AM
    You just don't understand the system. When you are hired to actually work for someone, that's what is expected. If you don't fulfill your end of the deal, hit the door.

Surf on my buck, you're gone, regardless of what site you are looking at.
    Not that I care this much about this specific thread. However, have you ever heard of breaks? Also, it is rather niave to think that all employees are working all of the time. Let your hair down, remove the stick from your backside and relax! EVERYONE needs a break at some point in their day.

03-13-11 11:56 AM
    I just want to make a comment to all the people who want this guy to get fired: get a life.

If you think that any job pays you enough for what you do, then you are crazy. They call it making a living because that's just it: they overwork you, just so you can merely LIVE.

I am aware that laziness doesn't get anyone anywhere, but at the same time if someone's work gets done at the end of their 8 hour shift, it doesn't really matter how much they surf the internet or what they do.

People like you take your jobs way too seriously and are probably micro-managers (or snitches if you are not managers. even worse really.) If someone isn't working every second of their work day and then some after their work day, you call them lazy. You say they don't want to be there or they aren't serious enough for a position. Ridiculous. It is no wonder to me that the most stressed out people in the world are Americans. Families are ruined by corporations that expect the stuff that you all are talking about.

Oh noes!!!! He is surfing the web at work!!! It's the end of the world, FIRE HIM!!!
    03-16-11 06:42 PM
    I just want to make a comment to all the people who want this guy to get fired: get a life.

If you think that any job pays you enough for what you do, then you are crazy. They call it making a living because that's just it: they overwork you, just so you can merely LIVE.

I am aware that laziness doesn't get anyone anywhere, but at the same time if someone's work gets done at the end of their 8 hour shift, it doesn't really matter how much they surf the internet or what they do.

People like you take your jobs way too seriously and are probably micro-managers (or snitches if you are not managers. even worse really.) If someone isn't working every second of their work day and then some after their work day, you call them lazy. You say they don't want to be there or they aren't serious enough for a position. Ridiculous. It is no wonder to me that the most stressed out people in the world are Americans. Families are ruined by corporations that expect the stuff that you all are talking about.

Oh noes!!!! He is surfing the web at work!!! It's the end of the world, FIRE HIM!!!

Thank you very much for this great post sir!! You stole the words out of my mouth
    03-17-11 05:20 AM
    , but expected.

Kelly, don't let them cause you an aneurism. There are still many who think you should earn what you keep. Tis hard to believe some would actually flaunt their laziness, and lack of character.
    03-17-11 05:37 AM
    , but expected.

Kelly, don't let them cause you an aneurism. There are still many who think you should earn what you keep. Tis hard to believe some would actually flaunt their laziness, and lack of character.
    No biggy. I can't see taking ML seriously. Obviously, the idea that working for a living isn't within his realm of understanding. I'd love to hire him just to fire him. But on second thought, I really wouldn't want to know him. I work from my home and I don't think I could stand having him around me. He reminds me of my little brother. Always looking for a way to get around the laws and rules.

Maybe I can get him to help me cheat on my taxes. Nah.
    03-17-11 06:43 AM
    , but expected.

It has nothing to do with lack of character or laziness. I was just saying so what if an employee takes a couple minutes here and there to look something up. I see more time wasted where I work with people just standing around talking (yes that does promote bla bla) but I never hear them talking about their job or work so they all should be fired for standing around talking about personal things. I think that waste more company time.

And if you work for yourself and are getting paid by the job then fine but if you have a deadline and are pushing it then I'm sure your client would be happy to know that you're spending time on crackberry reading and posting. If you're getting paid by the hour I'm sure they would really love to know that so they can fire you.
    03-17-11 06:57 AM
    I think as long as you are doing what you are supposed to do, it is harmless to do some browsing and not leave tracks behind due to stupid IT policy

I believe most of us are responsible adults and do our jobs proficiently (there are exceptions offcourse).
    03-17-11 07:02 AM
    It has nothing to do with lack of character or laziness. I was just saying so what if an employee takes a couple minutes here and there to look something up. I see more time wasted where I work with people just standing around talking (yes that does promote bla bla) but I never hear them talking about their job or work so they all should be fired for standing around talking about personal things. I think that waste more company time.

And if you work for yourself and are getting paid by the job then fine but if you have a deadline and are pushing it then I'm sure your client would be happy to know that you're spending time on crackberry reading and posting. If you're getting paid by the hour I'm sure they would really love to know that so they can fire you.
    Time management. Look it up.
    03-17-11 07:19 AM
    No biggy. I can't see taking ML seriously. Obviously, the idea that working for a living isn't within his realm of understanding. I'd love to hire him just to fire him. But on second thought, I really wouldn't want to know him. I work from my home and I don't think I could stand having him around me. He reminds me of my little brother. Always looking for a way to get around the laws and rules.

You'd love to hire him just to fire him. Yeah, you should be on a soap box.

03-17-11 07:24 AM
    I think as long as you are doing what you are supposed to do, it is harmless to do some browsing and not leave tracks behind due to stupid IT policy

I believe most of us are responsible adults and do our jobs proficiently (there are exceptions offcourse).
    Hate to burst your bubble ML but IT still knows where you go and what you do with their equipment if they really want to know.
    03-17-11 07:30 AM

Never again. Never. I set my costs for the client. They are happy, I get paid well for my work and time. Everyone is happy. Nobody gets cheated. No employees.
    03-17-11 07:31 AM
    Never again. Never. I set my costs for the client. They are happy, I get paid well for my work and time. Everyone is happy. Nobody gets cheated. No employees.
    That's great! I don't think I'd want to work for a slave driver that would fire me for taking 2 minutes to look something up when I get my work done as well or better than most people.
    03-17-11 07:35 AM

Frequently topping a hundred posts a day, the time delay between posts would be about an hour. I'd hardly call that a couple minutes.
    03-17-11 07:41 AM
    That's great! I don't think I'd want to work for a slave driver that would fire me for taking 2 minutes to look something up when I get my work done as well or better than most people.
    Slave driver? That's a hoot. If I had someone working for me and they wanted to fool around on the web, no biggy, just keep track of the time and get the job done with regard to the allowed budget. Don't steal from me.

If I require 4 hours for a job to be completed with regard to the original quote, get the job done in 4 hours. If you want to surf the web, but get the job done according to quote, no problem. Don't steal from me. Why is this concept so hard for you people to understand?

If I pay you by the hour, it's a different story all around. Get the work done, you can go home early if you want , allowing that there is nothing more on the table for today, surf there on your own dime, or mow your lawn or feed the dogs.
    03-17-11 07:43 AM
    03-17-11 08:17 AM
    Frequently topping a hundred posts a day, the time delay between posts would be about an hour. I'd hardly call that a couple minutes.

I don't do that from work man.

Maybe at one point of time I was on vacation so...

03-17-11 08:50 AM

Yes, I'm surer you use your guide onlt for good, not evil.

Has anybody seen my little dog? /Dorothy voice
    03-17-11 09:31 AM

Why worry about work on vacation? Besides, it wouldn't matter what you do on your own time. If you're going to continue to post BS, at least try to make it believable.

03-17-11 10:14 AM

Again, working your *** off just to live isn't something that everyone wants to do. It doesn't make those people lazy. Some people are just fed up with idea that you have to work yourself to the bone for your employer and that if you don't you are lazy, pathetic, a thief and all the other idiotic names you've been calling this guy.

Companies and large corporations have always screwed their employees over. Overworking, underpaying. The idea of working my *** off to put money in a CEOs wallet is ridiculous. I'll work my *** off to put money in my pocket. But when it comes to a SALARIED job, I will never work more than 40 hours a week. I see far less than 1% of the money I generate for my company. So I am not going to give them 100% for less than 1%. Americans are hardly making it by with all the work they are already putting in. People like you want more but you want to pay employees less.

You have the luxury of working for yourself, so putting 100% in for your clients is logical. Because the 100% of the work that you put in allows you to get 100% of the profits from that. So yes, in your case, I can see why you think the way you do. However, for people who don't work for themselves, this thinking is skewed and stupid.
    03-17-11 10:21 AM
    Slave driver? That's a hoot. If I had someone working for me and they wanted to fool around on the web, no biggy, just keep track of the time and get the job done with regard to the allowed budget. Don't steal from me.

If I require 4 hours for a job to be completed with regard to the original quote, get the job done in 4 hours. If you want to surf the web, but get the job done according to quote, no problem. Don't steal from me. Why is this concept so hard for you people to understand?

If I pay you by the hour, it's a different story all around. Get the work done, you can go home early if you want , allowing that there is nothing more on the table for today, surf there on your own dime, or mow your lawn or feed the dogs.
    OK......................I'm done.
    03-17-11 11:07 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/ha...7/#post6139339

Recommended Components to KEEP:

- Any other language file OTHER then English that you use

- YouTube

- BlackBerry Messenger

- BlackBerry Maps

- Memo Pad

- Docs2Go

- Brick Breaker

- Word Mole

- Application Center (not Appworld, this is a different thing)

- Appworld (only of it is available in your country, if it isnt compatible in your country, then dont select it to save yourself some space)

that's what I can remember on the top of my head (Im at work right now)

Also, should anything go wrong (never happened to me previojusly and I install Operating Systems on a daily basis), however it is possible, this is why you have your backup file which you created at the beginning of this guide.

What you will need to do it, simply launch BBSAK, run it, choose WIPE device, then wait for 10 secs, you will get a confirmation message saying WIPE completed.

Then you can retry the installing process. After the installation is done, just launch BlackBerry Desktop Manager and from the top left menu hit, RESTORE, then choose the backup file which you created earlier, then hit NEXT.

Everything including settings, contacts, emails, etc will be restored, the only thing which wont be restored are your apps incase you have downloaded anything which I doubt since you are saying your device is new.

Good luck, please let me know if you need more help or clarifications.
    Nuff said
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    03-17-11 01:14 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD