Not just to this one, but any others? I used to be hooked on a car forum...that is...until I got rid of my car for a newer one.

Currently, it would just be this forum
    07-06-08 08:54 PM
    Funny you should mention this, as I was about to start a thread exactly like this myself.

I have been a hardcore member of a big high school football message board and and bowhunting message board as well.

As of lately, I have been more into tech stuff, some of these people out here know there tech stuff.
    07-06-08 08:56 PM
    I visit 4-5 Forums daily if I get the time. Only one BB related.

1 BB- CB
    1 Wedding-Local
    1 Car Related-Local
    2 TnT Local Forums

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 09:02 PM
    I have been a member of many and love forums in general but I have never been involved as much with any as I am with crackberry. Probably because I can use the wap on my blackberry. If other forums that I liked had a wap I would never get anything done.

07-06-08 09:08 PM
    ohh im addicted baby.
    Ive been adicted since i was 13...im 22 now.
    I've been on various boards..of different sizes for different reasons.

My first board was for my favorite boy band...met wonderful friends on there..am sitll in touch (what 9 years later?) with most of those people. we all knew eachother by our real names insted of our user names.

im still on four different boards right now..cb, a vw beetle board, a message board local to our town (for parents adn caregivers to get together) and the abc LOST board. hehe

i think they're awsome.
    07-06-08 09:18 PM
    1 Wedding-Local
    how did you find this? a wedding forum local to your area??
    my brother and his finance are getting married next year and i'm their maid of honor so i am always looking for new ideas!

also..a greek (sorority/fraternity) forum is really the only other forum that i have been to besides CB. and i havent been there in forever! so basically just CB now!
    07-06-08 09:23 PM
    Yes its local to my country.
    Where you located? Maybe I can help you find a local site to your area

07-06-08 09:37 PM
    in ohio..
    i have been on the weddingchannel.com and theknot.com and other similar websites but nothing like CB. love the idea - i'll have to look! **and i just googled "wedding forums" and found one! all soooo simple! thanks for the GREAT idea!!**

btw...my boss's family is from Trinidad
    07-06-08 09:57 PM
    I'm VERY addicted to forums. The ones I'm on most often are:
    CB
    DSLReports
    Apple Discussion Forums

Forums, youtube, mypsace, and facebook are pretty much all I use the Internet for.
    07-06-08 10:08 PM
    That's great you found a site. There are so many around. I used to pop in and visit liweddings.com too. Although you may not find vendors for your area you can get some ideas.

Most Trini people are nice

07-06-08 10:13 PM
    I have been on a few different forums but only addicted to this one (addiction starts so fast with me), and a fitness forum.
    They have to have the right people to become addicting, i think.
    07-06-08 10:39 PM
    This whole "addiction" thing is interesting to me. I love cb and the members here. I always check out this site while I am at work. However, would I say I am addicted? No. That leads me to my question for you guys: what characterizes this addiction? We all like cb, we all spend time on this site, but what exactly would you say makes an "addict" different from just a casual user?

Just very curious.

07-06-08 10:44 PM
    That leads me to my question for you guys: what characterizes this addiction? We all like cb, we all spend time on this site, but what exactly would you say makes an "addict" different from just a casual user?

Just very curious.

thats acutally a really good question, im interested to hear what other people have to say too.

for me? in this case(addiction to forums) i would say im on the forums ALOT...i check it as often as possible to see the new topics/postings. and i can go back and forth between all forums for a couple hours (of much wasted time when i think about the other things i could be doing) but i do enjoy it..and if you enjoy it WHY not?

donno if thats a good answer or not, im interested to see what others have to say.
    07-06-08 11:01 PM
    thats acutally a really good question, im interested to hear what other people have to say too.

for me? in this case(addiction to forums) i would say im on the forums ALOT...i check it as often as possible to see the new topics/postings. and i can go back and forth between all forums for a couple hours (of much wasted time when i think about the other things i could be doing) but i do enjoy it..and if you enjoy it WHY not?

donno if thats a good answer or not, im interested to see what others have to say.
    Now, you see you are on a lot. Perhaps this is just how you choose to spend your time. And why not indeed? If you enjoy it, I say do it!

To me, though, addiction would be along the lines of not being able to go a single day without checking this site, or letting cb get in the way of your obligations and resposibilities of your real life....

Just my thoughts.

07-06-08 11:06 PM
    I am addicted to this one and a football forum......
    07-06-08 11:39 PM
    When I first bought my BB, i would only visit this site when i needed ringtones, wallpapers, etc. But as I learn more and more about the BB and its functions, I tend to stay on longer to try and learn and be more informative as well.

"Addicted" isn't really a bad thing...more so on the level of how into you are with any forum site. My definition of true "addiction" would be endless hours everyday on CB...again, this isn't a bad thing, considering its how any individual would want to spend their time.
    07-07-08 02:18 AM
    I've been running one since 2001 (daboard.com) and I'm on two others regularly.

07-08-08 02:54 AM
    To me, though, addiction would be along the lines of not being able to go a single day without checking this site, or letting cb get in the way of your obligations and resposibilities of your real life....
    That's not necessarily true. There are a lot of fully functional addicts out there that on the surface live completely normal lives. However, if you want to see if you're addicted to this forum, stop posting here. Just stop completely. Posting to a forum is not a need, like eating or breathing, so if you're not addicted you can just stop posting any time you want.

For me, I'd say I'm mildly addicted to this forum, but I'm highly addicted to communication and information, two things that this forum has in droves.
    07-08-08 04:02 AM
    I'm not as bad as when I first found crackberry.com I check maybe three times a day if I'm bored now

07-08-08 04:08 AM
    I come and browse every few hours a day. I learn something new everyday about BB's in general and I always turn to the forums when I'm bored.

07-08-08 04:12 AM
    Now, you see you are on a lot. Perhaps this is just how you choose to spend your time. And why not indeed? If you enjoy it, I say do it!

Just my thoughts.

I would have to agree with you. An addiction is something that gets in the way of you taking care of your responsibilities and takes over your life. Just because someone spends most of thier free time on forums does not mean they are addicted. It's just something they enjoy to do.
    07-08-08 06:36 AM
    That's not necessarily true. There are a lot of fully functional addicts out there that on the surface live completely normal lives. However, if you want to see if you're addicted to this forum, stop posting here. Just stop completely. Posting to a forum is not a need, like eating or breathing, so if you're not addicted you can just stop posting any time you want.

For me, I'd say I'm mildly addicted to this forum, but I'm highly addicted to communication and information, two things that this forum has in droves.
    I Agree with you Kronk,, well spoke well said
    07-08-08 07:55 AM
    I am a forum addict for sure. I have about 5 car forums that I check and post on regularly besides CB. I am new to this one but am here every day. I have the same screen name on all of them so if your into German cars you might see me around.
    07-09-08 10:21 AM
    Same as most, car, bodybuilding, WM/BB phones, architecture/real estate and blogs related to Brooklyn, NY and fashion.

I don't have enough time in a day
    07-09-08 11:40 AM
    Yeah I am always on forums it's a great way to meet people and share ideas on a topic. I am always on various BMW forums as well as crackberry and Fifa haha

07-09-08 11:56 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD