Hi there.

Has anyone been getting problems with their Hotmail account? Recently, one of my accounts mysteriously wouldn't accept my password. It also had my Facebook account linked to it and I couldn't get into that either. I was able to contact Facebook about it and the matter was resolved by linking my other Hotmail account to Facebook. This took seven days and when I went to look at my albums, I noticed that I had about 1/5 of what I used to have. It seems like someone was able to crack my password, even though it contains hyphens, letters and numbers. Nobody knows it, I'm sure, but it happened. I am now unable to get into the second account which I had linked my Facebook account to. I can no longer, again, gain access to my Facebook account. I have scanned my computer for any sort of virus, keylogger etc. and it's definitely not from my router. Other computers connected to it have no such problem.

Phishing scandal, maybe?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 11:32 PM
    Phishing is likely. I wouldn't trust hotmail for anything as it's so damn easily hackable. I use Yahoo! Mail instead and haven't had any such issues relating to hacking or phishing. Popular mail providers get that the most nowadays.

09-15-11 01:11 PM
    It certainly was phishing. I got my accounts back with the help of customer support and have much more secure passwords and other features such as sending a verification code to my phone to enter after the password has been successful.

09-15-11 08:28 PM