Hi everyone... I'm at working... wasting time...

I'm curious about what everyone has hooked up to their home network. More and more toys, appliances, heating/cooling systems are being hooked up to the internet via your home network... For some reason I've been fascinated with this lately....

I want everything "connected"
    - smart coffee maker; it displays up to the date weather, stock, etc.
    - the refrig/oven... put your food in the oven when you leave for work, and it keeps it COLD... then from your office turn your oven on so it cooks your food - ready for you to eat when you walk in the door.
    - Air Conditioning... turn up the temp a little when you leave to save $ and turn it back down on your way home...
    -Electric - while on vacation you can turn a light on in a specific room whenever you want (haha that would be cool to freak out whomever is watering my plants... (using a webcam to see 'em)
    - i heard of your fridge having a LCD... and that having a calendar, grocery list, etc... how cool to sync that with your berry while you are out?!!? (kids, husband, whomever add something to your grocery list while you are on your way to the store... and it updates on your berry!!!!)
    - webcam to monitor the dogs while I'm at work... i've always wondered what they do all day long...

Does anyone have anything cool connected to their home network? or anyone have any neat ideas about what they would connect if they could?

Maybe I'll start purchasing these "smart" devices/appliances/systems one by one....
    06-27-08 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD