I've been kept up tonight again because of a toothache again and its not fun. I need a root canal but my insurance won't kick in for majors for another 6 months. I need some ideas for pain relief!

One that I came across was to put a piece of onion on the tooth or to chew on an onion for a couple minutes. It worked instantly for about 10 min so far! Hope I can get some sleep tonight.

Anyone have other ideas more suitable for at work? Ambisol doesn't work for me. I would rather not chew on onions at work, that just wouldn't be cool.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 02:44 AM
    Yea...go to a dentist

11-25-08 11:40 AM
    My aunt had a similar problem but used a clove of garlic on the tooth. She said it worked really well even though it made her breath stink

11-25-08 02:18 PM
    I also saw the garlic clove. Another thing I tried was rinsing with warm salt water. That worked for a little while. So did mouthwash. The pain killers are doing a great job now though .

I was able to work something out at the dentist to get the work done before ins. Kicks in but can't get it done untill january.

Anyway, I like alternatives to meds. If anyone has other ideas for other things, I would like to hear what others do for different things.

Thanks

11-25-08 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD