Yep, down 11%...I expect it to be trading at about $28.00 by Friday. The IPO was way overpriced to begin with; and yes, dot.com armageddon just over the horizon.
    Down 9% at closing, selloff nearly turns into a run, Morgan Stanley under fire, SEC calls for a review, and many call FB a "falling knife.;"

Watch this Friday folks, and FWIW, my trading experience has been nothing more the gut feelings; and that really upsets the so called pro's from Dover....or would that be Wall Street.
    05-22-12 03:34 PM
    When you buy bull#*#*, you will own bull#*#*.
    05-22-12 08:13 PM
    I knew their ads did not work as well as adwords. Our company tested the same ads on facebook we make money on (predictable returns) through Google.

The result? Zero. Zilch. Nada.

From then on every time I'd hear someone run their mouth about Facebook ads I always knew Google had them beat in that one area. This is what the market is figuring out now I suppose.
    What are you rambling incoherently about? My girlfriend and her friends all click on the advertisements in FaceBook when using a desktop web browser. Heck, she even buys products when advertised.
    05-22-12 08:23 PM
    Agree with most of the sentiment here. FB likely to stabilize at about half the IPO - about $20. But the rate of RIMM decline has been and will continue to be far greater.

No flames necessary - just check back here in one year.
    05-23-12 12:31 AM
    What are you rambling incoherently about? My girlfriend and her friends all click on the advertisements in FaceBook when using a desktop web browser. Heck, she even buys products when advertised.

Your "GF and her friends"..great sample size to tell people to dump billions of dollars in a stock

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    iN8ter likes this.
    05-23-12 02:50 AM
    We need another national "close your Facebook" day. I deleted mine shortly after checking it out. Privacy issues is just one of many reasons.

FB has nowhere to go but down. Hopfully they'll partner with Apple and both get humbled.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    05-23-12 03:20 AM
    I knew their ads did not work as well as adwords. Our company tested the same ads on facebook we make money on (predictable returns) through Google.

The result? Zero. Zilch. Nada.

From then on every time I'd hear someone run their mouth about Facebook ads I always knew Google had them beat in that one area. This is what the market is figuring out now I suppose.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    That's cause Mobile Users pretty much avoid 95% of Facebook Advertisements and since people tend to use Facebook as Communication tools from their smartphones they only open it by deep linking via Push Notifications, do what they have to do, and go on about their business. Even uploading Images/Videos can be done by completely avoiding the Facebook Website and in some cases even the Mobile Apps since so many Skins/OSes come with Facebook Integrated deeply allowing you to avoid Facebook's own User Interfaces (Sense, TouchWiz, Windows Phone, etc.).

Additionally, Facebook targetted Advertising is pretty bad especially if you lock your account down and actually pay attention to your privacy settings, to the point that you're better off just ignoring them. That's what I do.
    05-23-12 03:28 AM
    What gave me a chuckle was this, which came out at 6:00 TONIGHT:

Facebook Strategy In Mobile Unclear But Needed To Justify $100 Billion Valuation - Investors.com

Why weren't these moroons asking this question on Thursday, before the IPO instead of after?

By the by, now that we've dumped a few billion in this pig, anybody know what they're going to do with it?

A fool and his money, as they say ...

Oh yeah, and these are the same idjits writing RIM new epitaphs on a fairly daily basis. Anybody else enjoying this as much as I am?!?
    They were. People have been posting articles about FB's lack of a "mobile plan" for months leading up to the valuation. You weren't paying attention.
    05-23-12 03:29 AM
    agreed,

I visit linkedIN once a week, far more than I visit facebook

LinkedIN has A LOT of room for growth, groups are poorly organized, as is the rating system for people involved in them,
    The Job Search function is mediocre and the targeting of search locations sucks,

LinkedIN seems to have a somewhat decent strategy for income, that isn't really competing with MS and Google, like facebook is trying to do.
    LinkedIn has one of the worst websites I've ever seen. I was on it for a while but the usability is bad and I simply couldn't take it anymore.

I use Facebook primarily through mobile apps, and FB mobile apps tend to be pretty great while LinkedIn's tend to be pretty bad.

I think both serve a useful purpose, it just depends what your priorities are.
    05-23-12 03:31 AM
    Pretty crazy to watch, but not really unexpected. I didn't even think about putting a dollar into it.
    I jokingly told my husband to pick up stock in Facebook and RIM (well I was actually serious about RIM heh), and he looked at me all seriously and said " you're like Warren Buffett...but with boobs".

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    05-23-12 04:02 AM
    Classy guy
    05-23-12 04:13 AM
    I have to admit, I laughed.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    05-23-12 04:52 AM
    Call me old fashioned, but I just have a hard time buying stock in a company that doesn't make anything.
    05-23-12 05:00 AM
    But it *might. I guess that's the allure!

Stock market is like gambling to me. I wouldn't invest money I couldn't afford to lose.

And I can't afford to lose any!
    05-23-12 05:46 AM
    i'd def buy some RIM stock right now if i acutally has money to buy any lol babies are expensive and it's not even hear yet.
    05-23-12 06:36 AM
    Zuckerberg has lost already around 2 billion dollars.
    05-23-12 10:57 AM
    now that, for some reason , is fuuny.
    05-23-12 10:59 AM
    They were. People have been posting articles about FB's lack of a "mobile plan" for months leading up to the valuation. You weren't paying attention.
    Again with the 'tude.

I didn't invest in this pig. I am not the one writing articles wondering what the company is going to do with its new-found capital. I am not the one who waited until after the IPO to question whether it was a worthwhile investment or not. Excuse me, but I have been paying enough attention to know that this stock was 99.99% hype with negligible growth potential, just one reason for which being the lack of any kind of a mobile plan. The point of my post was that the supposed experts are only now getting around to asking these questions. So kindly can the condescending hyperbole.
    Last edited by sleepngbear; 05-23-12 at 12:41 PM.
    05-23-12 12:39 PM
    That's like saying you lost money if a bank error in your favor is corrected.
    The money that he "lost" was never there, it was all faulty speculation.
    05-25-12 09:15 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD