Has anyone been following the FB stock price. Trading $4 below IPO. Wiped off nearly $30 billion of value in the markets.
    Guess Morgan has has its fill of propping the stock. Good to see the stock market is reacting with restraint.
    Any guesses where it'll stabilise?
    Last edited by sam_b77; 05-21-12 at 04:32 PM.
    bdguru likes this.
    05-21-12 04:26 PM
    Can't believe people would actually buy this stock. Rim earns more revenue from bis than Facebook earns from all their businesses. Only speculative investors buying this trash. Value investing is best (buffet, watsa...)
    mud314 likes this.
    05-21-12 04:30 PM
    How much stock does Zuckerberg own?
    05-21-12 04:34 PM
    And he just got married to his longterm girlfriend of nine years...
    05-21-12 04:52 PM
    Simply put, Facebook is the most overrated company in the history of mankind. This is dot com bubble burst v2.0, baby.
    05-21-12 04:57 PM
    Can't believe people would actually buy this stock. Rim earns more revenue from bis than Facebook earns from all their businesses. Only speculative investors buying this trash. Value investing is best (buffet, watsa...)
    Yup! RIM is a steal right now!
    05-21-12 04:58 PM
    And he just got married to his longterm girlfriend of nine years...
    Women eh...they take when they come and they sure as he!! take when they leave
    Last edited by sam_b77; 05-21-12 at 05:12 PM.
    05-21-12 05:07 PM
    Pretty crazy to watch, but not really unexpected. I didn't even think about putting a dollar into it.
    deezy87 and z1nsane like this.
    05-21-12 05:21 PM
    On the other hand, we'd be making a lot of noise if we heard BB10 would launch without a facebook app.
    kennyliu, brucep1, bbaleno and 3 others like this.
    05-21-12 05:33 PM
    Pretty crazy to watch, but not really unexpected. I didn't even think about putting a dollar into it.
    I thought about shorting it

I expect them to sit around $25 in 6 months when the rest of the Employee's are allowed to sell off their shares, there will be a huge flood of shares for sale and IPO backers wont be able to prop up the stock from that.
    05-21-12 05:34 PM
    Yep, down 11%...I expect it to be trading at about $28.00 by Friday. The IPO was way overpriced to begin with; and yes, dot.com armageddon just over the horizon.
    05-21-12 05:37 PM
    I thought about shorting it

I expect them to sit around $25 in 6 months when the rest of the Employee's are allowed to sell off their shares, there will be a huge flood of shares for sale and IPO backers wont be able to prop up the stock from that.
    At $25 FB would have a market cap of $50 billion. Still too high in my book. I wouldn't be surprised with a below $20 valuation. Hopefully Zuckerberg has enough stock to repel a takeover from Apple or MSFT....
    05-21-12 05:42 PM
    On the other hand, we'd be making a lot of noise if we heard BB10 would launch without a facebook app.
    Yes indeed! people would be up in arms

BUT I would LOVE for RIM to make an Internal BBM connected social media site, BlackBerry access only, log in with your BBID & register a PIN like App world works,

that site would be designed specifically for mobile, it wouldn't be spidered by search engines because it is essentially an Intranet social network.

Similar ideas to facebook in terms of picture/album sharing, commenting, location sharing, calendars, groups, but RIM could control a carrier billing product market within the social network
    05-21-12 05:43 PM
    I knew their ads did not work as well as adwords. Our company tested the same ads on facebook we make money on (predictable returns) through Google.

The result? Zero. Zilch. Nada.

From then on every time I'd hear someone run their mouth about Facebook ads I always knew Google had them beat in that one area. This is what the market is figuring out now I suppose.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-21-12 05:43 PM
    At $25 FB would have a market cap of $50 billion. Still too high in my book. I wouldn't be surprised with a below $20 valuation. Hopefully Zuckerberg has enough stock to repel a takeover from Apple or MSFT....

LinkedIN has a 10Billion valuation ( over inflated IMO) so I can see FB keeping it's over inflated valuation for a while yet, There will be rumours and moves by facebook about ways they can capture the next billion users,
    they will announce ways they are finding to make money off of mobile users since their Ad market isn't reaching mobile users as much
    fdust likes this.
    05-21-12 05:45 PM
    What gave me a chuckle was this, which came out at 6:00 TONIGHT:

Facebook Strategy In Mobile Unclear But Needed To Justify $100 Billion Valuation - Investors.com

Why weren't these moroons asking this question on Thursday, before the IPO instead of after?

By the by, now that we've dumped a few billion in this pig, anybody know what they're going to do with it?

A fool and his money, as they say ...

Oh yeah, and these are the same idjits writing RIM new epitaphs on a fairly daily basis. Anybody else enjoying this as much as I am?!?
    hpjrt likes this.
    05-21-12 05:46 PM
    Yes indeed! people would be up in arms

BUT I would LOVE for RIM to make an Internal BBM connected social media site, BlackBerry access only, log in with your BBID & register a PIN like App world works,

that site would be designed specifically for mobile, it wouldn't be spidered by search engines because it is essentially an Intranet social network.

Similar ideas to facebook in terms of picture/album sharing, commenting, location sharing, calendars, groups, but RIM could control a carrier billing product market within the social network
    Now this, would be an awesome network to be part of. I really cannot stand facebook, any longer. As a matter of fact, I just closed out my account a few mins ago. Prior to doing this, I did perform a search on my name and happy to say, not one entry for me came up. Plenty of others for those share my name but as for me not one in google. Let's hope it stays like that.

Please let me know when you have this awesome network up and running. I want to be there on launch day!
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    05-21-12 05:48 PM
    LinkedIN has a 10Billion valuation ( over inflated IMO) so I can see FB keeping it's over inflated valuation for a while yet, There will be rumours and moves by facebook about ways they can capture the next billion users,
    they will announce ways they are finding to make money off of mobile users since their Ad market isn't reaching mobile users as much
    At least LinkedIn serves an actual useful purpose.
    mud314 likes this.
    05-21-12 05:50 PM
    At least LinkedIn serves an actual useful purpose.
    agreed,

I visit linkedIN once a week, far more than I visit facebook

LinkedIN has A LOT of room for growth, groups are poorly organized, as is the rating system for people involved in them,
    The Job Search function is mediocre and the targeting of search locations sucks,

LinkedIN seems to have a somewhat decent strategy for income, that isn't really competing with MS and Google, like facebook is trying to do.
    05-21-12 05:53 PM
    I can totally see Apple or Microsoft making a play for Facebook if they hovered around the $20 Billion mark. Both those companies would love a foothold in the networking sites with nearly a billion members and take the fight to Google.
    Only thing is how much clout will Zuckerberg wield with his shareholding and if he could make the other shareholders toe the line.

As it is the early investors left nothing on the table for IPO buyers and priced the stock at the highest price a hype would support. Which tells me that the initial investors just wanted the max out and run away with it. Not a good sign. The price would have been touching $25 already if it wasn't for Morgan firefighting on Friday. Tomorrow would be interesting to say the least. Any other market players willing to step in and prop up the price?
    05-21-12 06:17 PM
    bubble, thats all i have to say

05-21-12 06:49 PM

Please let me know when you have this awesome network up and running. I want to be there on launch day!
    Pssst...follow him on twitter. He's got one of those dev alpha devices.
    mud314 likes this.
    05-21-12 07:05 PM
    In retrospect, it looks a lot more like a bunch of people who have found a way to make a lot of money for something who's value is, at best, questionable. It was easy to get whipped up in the hype and think the stock would soar but I think it only lined the pockets of a select few with little to show in tangible benefits.
    05-22-12 07:28 AM
    agreed,

I visit linkedIN once a week, far more than I visit facebook

LinkedIN has A LOT of room for growth, groups are poorly organized, as is the rating system for people involved in them,
    The Job Search function is mediocre and the targeting of search locations sucks,

LinkedIN seems to have a somewhat decent strategy for income, that isn't really competing with MS and Google, like facebook is trying to do.
    I agree with this. Between Facebook and LinkedIn, I personally would choose Linked In. I don't feel like my information is sold to the highest bidder using LinkedIn, which may be a nicefeeling false security blanket, but it keeps me warm at night.
    05-22-12 07:46 AM
    FB down 3% in pre-market trading. Anyone taking bets that it hits the circuit breakers again?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-22-12 07:57 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD