We are celebrating my Grandma's 104 Birthday today. A little about her: She moved here from Ireland at 26 (they recorded her story and is now on tape at Ellis Island), She lives on her own, she does her own cooking and cleaning, loves to read, will start a political debate about the Black and Tans, and some how remembers all the Grand kids, great grand kids and the great great grand kids names.

She also told me once that there are a few things that got her to this age:
    1) Keep your family close to you.
    2) Everything is alright in moderation.
    3) Love at least once in your life-if you get a second chance you are blessed.
    4) Find something and someone to laugh with daily.
    5) Don't keep emotions pent up inside, share them and then let them go.
    6) The heck with diets.
    7) One good man, is better than a dozen bad ones.
    8) It is ok to cry.
    9) Have a drink on occassion, but never alone.
    10) and have faith in something, it gives you a reason to wake up in the morning.

This women is the most amazing women I have ever met. I have been blessed to have her in my life. I look foward to sharing a beer with her today and giving her a hug and thanking her for teaching me the art of laughter and love.

Attachment 33954
    08-08-09 09:01 AM
    It's great to see her still strong and independent!

Enjoy your day with her!

It's unfortunate that more people don't venerate seniors as they should.
    08-08-09 09:09 AM
    she sounds like an awesome lady, tell her i said happy birthday.

and then she'll probably say "who?"
    08-08-09 11:25 AM
    Aww, God bless her. We have a "young lady" here in our church that is 102. I call her grams. She is a staple of the community.

I say to your Grandmother, "Happy B'day G'ma. Love ya."

Thank you PaddyGirl for this story. This is inspiring. Take lessons from her dear, she knows what she is talking about.
    08-08-09 10:50 PM
    She sounds awesome! I hope she had a very happy day. She also had some very good advice. Glad she's doing so well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 06:12 PM
    God bless her Paddy! You are so fortunate to have her in your life, and for this long must be so wonderful.
    08-09-09 11:39 PM
    WOW. Belated birthday to Grandma!!! You are truly blessed to have her around. That is so cool that she is still going strong at that age. Tell her "you go girl!"
    08-10-09 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD