Why is it that prices are usually more than 100% increased on holidays, packages, flights etc. Is it simply because they love extorting their customers, as it's really the only time when their kinder are finished till the next academic year? I look at a flight in December, compared to in September and the price is at least a quarter less in September for the exact same flight number, time and even the god damn aircraft is the same as always. The summer breaks are even worse. You'd think that the cost of living in the Mediterranean is low, such as Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt etc. But noooo, they are still extortionate compared to when you want to go within the education term time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-11 01:42 PM
    Supply and demand. Competition for scarce resources.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    07-13-11 12:56 AM
    I agree. Same reason fuel costs go up during holidays. More people are using it which means they need to transport more of it, etc. There are a limited number of airplanes and seating on such. Part of the year they struggle to fill all the seats on many flights but parts of the year traffic picks up. Pricing is set by what the market will bear.

Econ 101 is a good place to start.
    07-13-11 08:26 AM