I was shocked to see ultra superior buses in Ecuador and Peru

Wow I mean they were "generation 7"

Better then latest airbus plane I have been on

Two decks

VIP section

Stuardes that serves hot food

Plug for your laptop

WiFi

You can burrow an iPad with ton of media...

160� recline...

And very cheap (well all is in that country) but so much that it is for general public

And they got like 5 BIG companies that compete

Maybe that's why?

Ahhhh

Info:

http://i.imgur.com/LiQ5j.jpg

More info Oltursa: Inicio

peru oltursa - Google Search

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v%3D9Tj...IvWLYD1yz5-Ucw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v%3D8sz...vXzOpWAPNoAc4w
    05-31-12 10:54 PM
    I too would like public transportation to improve. In Europe and specifically in some parts of England, you can get trashed at a bar and take a bus back to your house. Very efficient...except when people yak.
    06-03-12 05:33 PM
    Probably because we spend too much tax money on loafers and anyone else that wants to come here illegally and soak up all the freebies the working people's taxes pay for. Then they keep spitting out more babies to get even more free, to them stuff tax payers pay for.

Sorry /rant
    06-03-12 05:49 PM
    We spend a lot to the point that it is out of control.

Anyways, while I am for public transportation, I still hope they ax the light rail in cali. They cannot afford it.
    06-03-12 07:50 PM
    The nice buses cost us to much and unfortunately they do not always carry the cream of the crop riders. Most of the riders we have are getting some forms of welfare and will tear those nice buses to pieces. It is a Shame but it is what it is. OKAY I'm ready for the bleeding heart to tell me I'm evil and hate poor people. Come on I know you're out there.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-04-12 07:02 PM
    The nice buses cost us to much and unfortunately they do not always carry the cream of the crop riders. Most of the riders we have are getting some forms of welfare and will tear those nice buses to pieces. It is a Shame but it is what it is. OKAY I'm ready for the bleeding heart to tell me I'm evil and hate poor people. Come on I know you're out there.
    Impossible to argue against this observation. I spend long weekends in NYC every other month, visiting family, eating at my favorite haunts, and using public transportation 75% of the time during my stays. One ride on the subway, or the Riverdale Express, or any bus tells me the loons have taken over. The graffiti is so prevalent, and so out of control, that the NYC Transit Authority spends over $9 million dollars a year just to remove the graffiti from the buses and trains; funny thing is the Transit Authority says they have the problem "under control." I don't know how many tens of millions more are spent to remove this schit from public buildings, apartments buildings, etc; and yes, as mentioned by mad, the daily ridership is primarily responsible for destroying in a few short months these taxpayer funded modes of transportation.
    kbz1960 and madman0141 like this.
    06-04-12 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD