So I dont know how it is everywhere else but here in Nashville! it sucks.... 75% of ou gas stations dont have gas adn the rest you can only get 10 gl. at a time and the prices are going crazy most places are running 4.09 but there is a place selling it for 5:49! There is a gas station on the road that I work on and they were out o gas this morning but got some by 10 or so.... they got 31000 gl. and it is gone... the lines to get gas were 20-30 mins....

Why is all of this happing... I mean everything wasok yesterday.... excpet Mapco's not haveing any gas but that has been like that all week!

what is it like where everyone else is?
    09-19-08 04:23 PM
    There is a gas shortage as a result of the hurricanes. We are not feeling the effects here in Jersey. Gas is $3.29 and there have been no stations that have run out, that I know of.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-08 04:36 PM
    There is a gas shortage as a result of the hurricanes. We are not feeling the effects here in Jersey. Gas is $3.29 and there have been no stations that have run out, that I know of.

ah... yeah i was talking to my friend in Jersery about all of it and he said the same thing you did..

i jsut can't belive that for alot of people aound here it is comming down to do me and my family eat or do we put gas in teh car so we can get to work.... it's horrible!... and like no one is doing anything about it and no one is trying to help any of those that can't afford anything...

like we are hurting so bad that my daughter can't eat and that we can't pay our bills, but still i get scared to go anywehre or doanything b/c i dont want to spend the $$$ on all of this....
    09-19-08 05:07 PM
    Idaho is at $3.66 @ costco as of yesterday...I don't remember ever running out of fuel here before. But ares comes from AK and Salt Lake City!
    09-19-08 05:28 PM
    Its 100% media
    Last edited by IXI Torque; 09-19-08 at 06:22 PM.
    09-19-08 05:34 PM
    No change in Upstate NY $3.77/gal regular

09-19-08 07:37 PM
    4.15 in the Chicago 'burbs, no less than 4.29 in the city. starting at the beginning of summer, a co-worker and I started carpooling (we alternate weeks). I'm saving at least $100 a month just in gas.
    09-19-08 08:27 PM
    I found reg unleaded for $3.39 today. Too bad my car only takes premium.

09-19-08 08:34 PM
    We are @ 3.61 here in Towson MD

09-19-08 09:17 PM
    3.89 in GBoro, NC. However, during the wrath of Ike, some stations were charging close to 6. Now, they are saying it was mistake. Our bad. Sure.
    09-19-08 09:24 PM
    Like Ducks (OP), I live in Middle Tennessee. I live in Spring Hill, which is about 30 miles south of Nashville, and I work in Franklin which is probably 17 miles or so south of Nashville.

Today, I passed 9 gas stations on Highway 31 going from Franklin to Spring Hill. This is probably a drive of 12.5 miles. Of those stations, 2 Shell stations had only diesel, Marathon and Spring Hill Kroger had only regular, Mapco was all out, Keystop was all out, Franklin Kroger was all out, BP was all out, and Exxon was all out.

I got gas at Spring Hill Kroger on Wednesday for $4.09 and that same Kroger was $3.99 today. So it went down 10 cents. But when I drove past it today, that same Kroger today had cars at each of the 8 pumps, and about 40 cars lined up waiting to get gas.

And I talked to my sister-in-law today. She lives in White House TN, which is about 30 - 35 miles north of Nashville. She said all their gas stations had been out, but the BP got some gas today, and they were only letting people get 10 gallons, and were charging $4.89 per gallon. FOR REGULAR!!!

The company my husband works for provides him a company truck and a Fleet One gas card. Today he couldn't find any of the Fleet One stations that actually had some gas. He ended up using his own personal credit card to buy gas from whoever had it. So now he has to wait (days? weeks?) to get reimbursed for that purchase.

It sucks all around. I still have 1/2 tank in my car, but if I find any gas anywhere tomorrow, I'm going to go ahead and fill up. What are people supposed to do to get to work if our gas stations have nothing in the tanks????
    09-19-08 11:22 PM
    Like Ducks (OP), I live in Middle Tennessee. I live in Spring Hill, which is about 30 miles south of Nashville, and I work in Franklin which is probably 17 miles or so south of Nashville.

Today, I passed 9 gas stations on Highway 31 going from Franklin to Spring Hill. This is probably a drive of 12.5 miles. Of those stations, 2 Shell stations had only diesel, Marathon and Spring Hill Kroger had only regular, Mapco was all out, Keystop was all out, Franklin Kroger was all out, BP was all out, and Exxon was all out.

I got gas at Spring Hill Kroger on Wednesday for $4.09 and that same Kroger was $3.99 today. So it went down 10 cents. But when I drove past it today, that same Kroger today had cars at each of the 8 pumps, and about 40 cars lined up waiting to get gas.

And I talked to my sister-in-law today. She lives in White House TN, which is about 30 - 35 miles north of Nashville. She said all their gas stations had been out, but the BP got some gas today, and they were only letting people get 10 gallons, and were charging $4.89 per gallon. FOR REGULAR!!!

The company my husband works for provides him a company truck and a Fleet One gas card. Today he couldn't find any of the Fleet One stations that actually had some gas. He ended up using his own personal credit card to buy gas from whoever had it. So now he has to wait (days? weeks?) to get reimbursed for that purchase.

It sucks all around. I still have 1/2 tank in my car, but if I find any gas anywhere tomorrow, I'm going to go ahead and fill up. What are people supposed to do to get to work if our gas stations have nothing in the tanks????

yeah wow its all crazy. I got very lucky last nite and got off of I24 at Hickory Hollow Pkwy and went past the Shell Station right there on the corner and happen to see that they had gas and NO lines lol. The guy said they had jsut gotten it like 30min before and since they are out of the way then no one had found them yet.

I was talking to my mom this morning, she lives in Belview about 20 min outside of Downtown Nashville and she said that yesterday she passed a krogers on Hwy 100 and there was a line of cars 2 miles long waiting for the gas station to get gas... no truck and all the signs said no gas and the whole area was roped off.... that is just crazy

I am glad that I have gas in my car now, but one of my frineds at work ( who lives farthere away then i do ) said that she didn't know what she was going to do if she couldn't find any, i told her i would give her some of mine. lol. Times are hard here and this sucks.

but i also found out that a big bardge dock at Riverfront on Saturday full of gas, yet we aren't filling the stations up? So what is really going on?

I hope all of this stops soon
    09-22-08 10:29 AM
    I found reg unleaded for $3.39 today. Too bad my car only takes premium.

SHow off!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-22-08 10:39 AM
    Gas here was $3.75/gal last week, dropped to $3.69 yesterday, hop over the border into MN and it was $3.61 so probably down to $3.47 now...
    09-22-08 11:10 AM
    SHow off!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ha! Yeah right. I pay $100+ to fill up. Showing off? Right...

09-22-08 11:12 AM
    Gas in Orlando is around $3.78 but it's no good. Apparently our gas contains at ethanol no more than 10%. There has been an increase of fuel pump problems ever since our Governer signed a bill to have the ethanol. Also there was an article people complaining that mpg has decrease because of the ethanol.
    09-23-08 09:10 PM
    TN people I feel ya; I'm in chattanooga and there are 2 of 10 gas stations near my house with gas and all they have is premium for $4.29! We're hurting down here for gas.. if i could just figure a way to run my truck on water.. lol
    09-24-08 12:38 PM
    $3.37 -.49 is what I've seen here - hasn't really changed in Phoenix -
    09-24-08 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD