who here gets high by either drinking or smoking or whatever else?
    why do u do it?
    im just curious cause everyone i know does either one or the other or both.
    i dont do either and i feel like an outcast.
    i hate people.
    03-01-09 06:21 PM
    lol. I never drank until recently, and then it's only beer. I guess I started because I had a GF who loved beer! But drinking till drunk is kind of a waste if you ask me...

I had to stop because I was gaining weight! Alcohol has more calories than protien or carbs! It's like carbs on steriods!

Some people do it to numb pain, physical and mental. The alcoholic who has back problems...

Some do it to ease anxiety. Alcohol works on the same receptors as valium and similar anti-anxiety medicine.

Some do it for courage and some do it because they are bored...
    03-01-09 06:26 PM
    and some people do it to fit in.
    beer is almost as bad or even worse tasting than urine.
    alcohol makes you courageous?
    why did u start drinking, because you wanted to keep your girlfried or something?
    people are weak if they need to drink to help anxiety.
    alcohol is the ruination of the world, THERE IS NO POINT IN DRINKING.
    Last edited by Blahzee; 03-01-09 at 06:45 PM.
    03-01-09 06:37 PM
    I drink - although not to get drunk
    I enjoy sitting, relaxing with a beer, or glass of something (wild turkey american honey, bundy rum, southern comfort, bailieys etc)

Jdoc is right with the people who get high to numb pain - although the heavy drug users are generally trying to numb emotional pain - that can't be numbed - and as a result are more likely to OD
    I steer clear of my citys "nightspots" on friday and saturday nights, there is too many people out getting really drunk, and looking for fights

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 06:39 PM
    congratulations! you're a smart drinker.
    03-01-09 06:44 PM
    and some people do it to fit in.
    beer is almost as bad or even worse tasting than urine.
    alcohol makes you courageous?
    why did u start drinking, because you wanted to keep your girlfried or something?
    people are weak if they need to drink to help anxiety.
    alcohol is the ruination of the world, THERE IS NO POINT IN DRINKING.
    Actually, my undergrad was Anthropology and there is a lot of evidence that beer was a prime motivating factor in humans settling to cultivate. Add to that the previously mentioned caloric content of alcohol and you can see that civilization owes much of it's existence to alcohol. Without it, travelers would have starved and infections would have killed more frequently (it's a decent antiseptic) ...

lol. I wasn't trying to keep her, just got tired of drinking iced tea and -I- happen to think that soda is the ruination of the modern world... so I won't drink it.
    03-01-09 06:51 PM
    right... that was way back then we dont need it anymore, do we? ...
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 03-02-09 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Language, keep it family friendly
    03-01-09 06:55 PM
    I love drinks.

And they don't have more calories than protine or carbs. Alcohol is a sugar and therefore has 4 calories per gram. Like all carbs.

03-01-09 07:00 PM
    I don't know about everybody but I love weed... Nothing cuts stress like nice halfhour walk with the mp3 player and a joint . Or if your feeling a little more crazy, lace it with 20X salvia. Whew that stuff knocks you off your feet! Quite literaly . Enjoy it

03-01-09 07:12 PM
    I used to go out and drink 5 to 6 nights a week. Started out as social drinking and then went o getting D-runk. Came to a screeching halt when my husband (then boyfriend) was washing my truck at 3 am cuz I puked down the side on the way home, I woke up a nasty mangled mess just filthy and I had cuts all over my hands and knees from what I found out was crawling on the gravel outside of a bar. Completely gross and unacceptable behavior for a girl. I'm lucky he still married me. Don't really drink much since then .

03-01-09 11:17 PM
    Jesus Drank Wine

03-02-09 12:02 AM
    I drink, and have since I was 20/21, I'm 51 now and have yet to get drunk. I have about 12 alcoholic drinks a year. I'm normally the DD for my group of friends. All car keys go in a lock box, when meeting at my place, and there are plenty of sleeping bags for those that can't make it home.

Lost 4 really good friends when I was in high school because they all got drunk and plowed into a tractor trailer rig (after flying off the freeway off ramp). Decided then I was never going to get drunk, and no one would ever leave my home to drive, if they had been drinking.
    03-02-09 01:52 AM
    Use to drink a lot but now I catch **** for not drinking enough until they need my help. Now a days I like pills not to get slober jawed but for more energy or focus. Been a long time since I've had any though

03-02-09 04:45 AM
    I don't know about everybody but I love weed... Nothing cuts stress like nice halfhour walk with the mp3 player and a joint . Or if your feeling a little more crazy, lace it with 20X salvia. Whew that stuff knocks you off your feet! Quite literaly . Enjoy it

I used to smoke...but things change! I did saliva when I was like either 10th or 11th grade and what an experience. Felt like I was incaving into my floor!
    03-02-09 08:08 AM
    I used to smoke pot, just for fun then I realized you will go no where. I have a friend who is in college but is jobless and still lives at home...and prolly won't leave from there.

I am a social drinker. I drink when I feel like have a drink, otherwise I will not do it. I don't drink to get smashed (although I have done that before and almost died because of it) I do drink to get a slight buzz then I'm done.
    Trust me and I'm sure a lot of people who drink can tell you this: Its no fun waking up to a toilet bowl or to watch someone clean up your mess...

But I've learned most do it to just to fit in.

03-02-09 10:29 AM
    none...
    i dont smoke anything...
    ill drink but not like hardcore. i dont go party etc.
    03-02-09 10:40 AM
    I used to smoke...but things change! I did saliva when I was like either 10th or 11th grade and what an experience. Felt like I was incaving into my floor!
    Oh everybody should try salvia atleast once . Get a bunch of people together. Everybodys rolling around on the floor laughing . They say not to walk around but that the most interesting. Trying to stand up when you went too far. Just don't do so much that you start hallucimating... Not a fun ride.

03-02-09 10:46 AM
    I can spell... Just couldn't see what I was typing cuz cb was messing up... Can't edit the text either

03-02-09 10:52 AM
    I can spell... Just couldn't see what I was typing cuz cb was messing up... Can't edit the text either

What the heck is salvia? Is that the new vernacular for marijuana?
    03-02-09 10:54 AM
    Oh everybody should try salvia atleast once . Get a bunch of people together. Everybodys rolling around on the floor laughing . They say not to walk around but that the most interesting. Trying to stand up when you went too far. Just don't do so much that you start hallucimating... Not a fun ride.

yea me and two of my friends tried it and again felt like we were incaving into the floor...it was kinda an out of mind experience and yes i also think everyone should try it atleast once. very different feeling.
    03-02-09 11:09 AM
    Its not like marijuana. Its legal up here in Canada and I think its still legal in most of the states . Its like an extremely short acid trip. Except not as dangerous as LSD . You can buy it online, you can buy it from local headshops too. 20X is the best. Just smoke a bit at a time, it's amazing Totally messes you up

03-02-09 12:30 PM
    Its not like marijuana. Its legal up here in Canada and I think its still legal in most of the states . Its like an extremely short acid trip. Except not as dangerous as LSD . You can buy it online, you can buy it from local headshops too. 20X is the best. Just smoke a bit at a time, it's amazing Totally messes you up

Its Legal here in GA...you can buy it at a starship here in GA
    03-02-09 12:35 PM
    Sigh. I have to get high off nuttin' but life.
    I was a total stoner for about a year, then it started giving me serious anxiety attacks. They got worse while I took Prednisone (a prescription steriod that I swear is the devil's drug), so I had to stop altogether. I haven't tried again because it's so uncomfortable to get an anxiety attack...you feel like you're going to die.
    Another absolute favorite was ecstasy. Mmmm loooooved it.
    Then was diagnosed with an outtawhack thyroid (Hashimoto's autoimmune thyroiditis), and unfortunately the only thing that seriously interacts with E is a thyroid condition. I could die from it, not just feel like it. Argh.

And right now I'm on a serious diet, and alcohol has far too much sugar to justify.
    Alas, I've become straight-edge. Pout.

03-02-09 12:40 PM
    Sigh. I have to get high off nuttin' but life.
    I was a total stoner for about a year, then it started giving me serious anxiety attacks. They got worse while I took Prednisone (a prescription steriod that I swear is the devil's drug), so I had to stop altogether. I haven't tried again because it's so uncomfortable to get an anxiety attack...you feel like you're going to die.
    Another absolute favorite was ecstasy. Mmmm loooooved it.
    Then was diagnosed with an outtawhack thyroid (Hashimoto's autoimmune thyroiditis), and unfortunately the only thing that seriously interacts with E is a thyroid condition. I could die from it, not just feel like it. Argh.

And right now I'm on a serious diet, and alcohol has far too much sugar to justify.
    Alas, I've become straight-edge. Pout.

Straight edge? XXX like no sex either?
    03-02-09 12:44 PM
    Straight edge? XXX like no sex either?
    straight edge people have sex, they're just not promiscuous.
    03-02-09 12:50 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD