What's with the personal attacks lately? I thought we were here to share info and help each other out. Just because some of the "veterans" don't agree with a poster it should not give them the right to make personal attacks. Anyway some of them all the do is post fluff to drive their count up. I noticed that a lot of the knowledgeable people moved on. We seems to have left a lot of members that like to flex their CB muscle!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 08:51 AM
    DELETE... Pointless post for this thread.

10-19-09 08:55 AM
    What's with the personal attacks lately? I thought we were here to share info and help each other out. Just because some of the "veterans" don't agree with a poster it should not give them the right to make personal attacks. Anyway some of them all the do is post fluff to drive their count up. I noticed that a lot of the knowledgeable people moved on to BBhybrids.net. We seems to have left a lot of members that like to flex their CB muscle!

Agree 100%
    10-19-09 08:57 AM
    i don't care if i agree or not
    this is the storm 2 section.
    not the cry to mods section
    10-19-09 09:01 AM
    Why delete? I posted here because it is in this section especially that this applies. If the mods feel they need to move it is ok with me but as far as useless thread, have you seen the fluff lately on here?

10-19-09 09:01 AM
    Ya"ll making my point!

10-19-09 09:03 AM
    Anyway some of them all the do is post fluff to drive their count up.
    This is Fluff. Just saying.
    10-19-09 09:04 AM
    so your point is...
    "i posted something completely off topic in a section about the storm2 and i'm getting crap for it by big meanies" ???

Kinda answers your question for why these things happen.
    Just saying.
    10-19-09 09:05 AM
    This should be in the report bugs section...
    10-19-09 09:05 AM
    Epic Fail

10 char
    10-19-09 09:07 AM
    How about a rant & rave section like the 9530 has?

10-19-09 09:09 AM
    so your point is...
    "i posted something completely off topic in a section about the storm2 and i'm getting crap for it by big meanies" ???

Kinda answers your question for why these things happen.
    Just saying.
    I'm confused. Did you take my response as an attack? I think people read into things too much.

And to clear it up, I was just saying that you said people get attacked and the attackers just post fluff to up their post count, and in doing so you posted fluff. Just an observation. I'm sorry if your feelings were hurt...
    10-19-09 09:14 AM
    I'm sure eventually there will be a lounge or rants/raves for this Storm, just like the last. And yeah, I've been a ghost here due to pointless threads and a lack of actual substance... I'm sure I'm not alone. It's not even funny any more.
    10-19-09 09:16 AM
    I was just wondering the same thing. People are rude for no reason. Who cares if this is in the wrong thread. It needs to be known, and everyone knows its happening. Guys, follow the rules, be chill, and talk about the phones that are coming out. If you don't have anything to say worth hearing, don't say it.

10-19-09 09:18 AM
    I'm confused. Did you take my response as an attack? I think people read into things too much.

And to clear it up, I was just saying that you said people get attacked and the attackers just post fluff to up their post count, and in doing so you posted fluff. Just an observation. I'm sorry if your feelings were hurt...
    what are you talking about?
    i wasn't talking to you?

i was replying to the OP when he said "you're making my point"
    look at the time difference of our posts.
    and that post that's quoted makes you seem like you're trying to be all cool. "sorry i hurt your feelings"
    nice...

FAIL.
    10-19-09 09:36 AM
    You always have the option to report a post if you feel someone is posting against the guidelines. We are moderators not babysitters. Our job here is to moderate according to the forum policies and guidelines. Unfortunately at times there is just too much to keep up with, so it may take a while for us to get to a post, or to see it at all. Some posts go unnoticed for quite a while if not reported. You always have the option to PM myself, Bla1ze or any mod if you have an issue. I'm not arguing the fact that sometimes the personal attacks get out of hand, but you have to realize that the volunteer mod team does the best they can and every action - seen or unseen - is for a reason.
    10-19-09 09:38 AM
    The last two posts is why I posted this. Does this further the discussion on the S2? No but people need to know that they are not alone and should not be afraid to post on here because of fear of being flamed. I do not care if you flame me! I am a big boy but a lot of lurkers do not post because of this issue. Can't we all get along?

10-19-09 09:40 AM
    The last two posts is why I posted this. Does this further the discussion on the S2? No but people need to know that they are not alone and should not be afraid to post on here because of fear of being flamed. I do not care if you flame me! I am a big boy but a lot of lurkers do not post because of this issue. Can't we all get along?

does your post further the discussion of the S2.
    in the S2 section?

you can say
    "i'm raising awareness"
    well people are aware of the shallow posts that go on.
    But even those posts are on Topic.
    even CPUGEEK and his stupidity is on topic.
    this thread is completely off topic.
    So maybe posts like this is why people don't use crackberry forums that much anymore
    10-19-09 09:42 AM
    what are you talking about?
    i wasn't talking to you?

i was replying to the OP when he said "you're making my point"
    look at the time difference of our posts.
    and that post that's quoted makes you seem like you're trying to be all cool. "sorry i hurt your feelings"
    nice...

FAIL.
    Oh. My apologies. I thought for some reason you were the OP replying to me. Hmmm... Guess I shoulda looked harder at the name before I replied, but I honestly thought it was the OP...

And yes, I admit, that was a FAIL... I'll go crawl back into my hole now...
    10-19-09 09:44 AM
    I know that and you guys do a great job. I posted so you can voice in and maybe stop some of this by doing so.
    You always have the option to report a post if you feel someone is posting against the guidelines. We are moderators not babysitters. Our job here is to moderate according to the forum policies and guidelines. Unfortunately at times there is just too much to keep up with, so it may take a while for us to get to a post, or to see it at all. Some posts go unnoticed for quite a while if not reported. You always have the option to PM myself, Bla1ze or any mod if you have an issue. I'm not arguing the fact that sometimes the personal attacks get out of hand, but you have to realize that the volunteer mod team does the best they can and every action - seen or unseen - is for a reason.
    10-19-09 09:44 AM
    Oh. My apologies. I thought for some reason you were the OP replying to me. Hmmm... Guess I shoulda looked harder at the name before I replied, but I honestly thought it was the OP...

And yes, I admit, that was a FAIL... I'll go crawl back into my hole now...
    lol.
    forgiven.
    here is a fire blanket.
    10-19-09 09:45 AM
    What's with the personal attacks lately? I thought we were here to share info and help each other out. Just because some of the "veterans" don't agree with a poster it should not give them the right to make personal attacks. Anyway some of them all the do is post fluff to drive their count up. I noticed that a lot of the knowledgeable people moved on. We seems to have left a lot of members that like to flex their CB muscle!

Couple things to keep in mind:[these are my words and not that of a Crackberry.com and/or any mods or admins]
    1) these post are made by people that you have never met and most likely never meet. Why worry about what they say? It's really not going to matter 5/7/9/11 years from now anyways.

2) although your membership is very much liked- and we like having all the members on here we can - no one is forcing you to come here. you are doing it on your own free will.

3) if you see a repeat offender and you are tired of clicking on the "report abuse" button just ignore that party member. you do have that option as well. i have several people that i have on my ignore list and it makes things oh so nice.

i cannot stress enough that reading white and black have no reflection of the tone of voice the poster used.
    10-19-09 11:23 AM
    Don't mind me, I'm just admiring the fail.
    10-19-09 11:26 AM
    10-19-09 11:32 AM
    ...........balls...........
    10-19-09 11:33 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD