ummmmmm no
    02-07-09 04:12 PM
    I never really was all the hesitant to letting people touch or use my phone. But I will say when I do so I stand right there
    02-08-09 12:20 AM
    It has been a while since I've been asked that question, but when that times, I keep a trusty samsung A900 for them to use! NO ONE TOUCHES THE BERRY!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 10:32 AM
    My take is if they need emergancy help I would be one of the first to call. I have no problem with calling someone for them and giving that person a message. Otherwise, sorry my battery is about dead.
    02-08-09 03:29 PM
    For me it's not because of grubby hands or that I might miss a call, I worry that they might walk away with it and once they have it then what am I gonna do chase them down and give them a karate chop? I just prefer to avoid any drama and lie if I have to to keep her to myself. Besides how do you know where there calling or if they are intentionally asking for it to pick up your wi-fi signal or some crap like that. It's sad that we just cant trust ppl like we used to.
    02-13-09 10:47 PM
    no way. ive always been overprotective of my phones really badly my gf hates it, but whenever ppl do see it they most of the times cant figure it out (took me long enough to figure out how to use it myself). hahaha love the storm for that
    02-14-09 07:04 AM
    The only ppl that can touch my berry is my fam other then that it's HANDS OFF OR DIE!!!

02-15-09 04:33 PM
    I just got my Bold recently, and its my first BB. I have already gotten so attached it unlike all my other phones.

If a stranger needed it for an emergency, I would have no problem.
    But if it was just for random use, then no.

Back when I was in highschool, I used to wait at least 1 hour afterschool for my ride. A group of girls from my school that I DID NOT KNOW came up to me and asked if they can borrow my phone. I figured it was an emergency, so I handed it over. The girl just ended up standing there using my phone, chatting away with her friend, gossiping, talking about boys, etc etc as if it was her own phone and there's no time limit. In my head I was like "WTF?!" so I asked for my phone back and she rushed off the phone with her friend. Even though it was a crappy old samsung clamshell phone back then, it still bugged me. Never again am I gonna let someone borrow my phone, especially my BERRY! unless its a real real real real emergency.
    02-16-09 03:10 AM
    sure you can use my phone...but I need to hang on to your car key or your driver's license while you are using my phone. =)
    02-16-09 03:23 AM
    **** to the NO!!!!

02-16-09 06:56 AM
    I'd hate to imagine what life is like in school now with cell phones... at schools around here if you're caught with one during school hours, you have to give it up and the only way you can get it back is if a parent comes to the office and gets it. but I'm sure in some areas they have no bans on cell phones... I don't know how much sassy-girls-giggling-on-their-phones I could have taken back then

anyway, NO ONE uses my phone unless it's a dire emergency, and only if they're not on fire or something.
    02-16-09 02:53 PM
    I get super nervous when anyone is even looking at my phone, even my girlfriend and it seems that whenever I do let someone see my phone they do something stupid like hand it back to me over an open beverage or something. Maybe I have a good reason to be nervous.
    02-16-09 10:22 PM
    Life or death situation? Yes, only because I believe that Karma really is a b!tch.

Anything else? No. I find that people tend not to be OCD when it comes to other people's property. I am always MORE careful with other people's things, so I don't understand this concept.

Since I don't want to go to jail for breaking my foot off in someone's rectal porthole, I keep my BB to myself. It is safer for everyone that way.

02-16-09 11:01 PM
    Someone should take one of those cellphone store dummy phones, stuff taser guts in it, add a remote control, and freely loan it out. If stupid runs with it, ZAP! If it turned out to be an honest person.. "Oh sorry, my battery must be dead".

Mind you if there is an actual emergency I will be doing the calling. I don't loan stuff due to past bad experiences.

02-17-09 10:39 AM
    Never I learned my lesson after I left my brother make a phone call. I thought he was up to snuff. keyword: thought.
    Long story short I had to warranty my pearl for the millionth time.

Since then I make you pay me the full value of the phone up front before you make a call.
    02-17-09 11:11 AM
    Someone should take one of those cellphone store dummy phones, stuff taser guts in it, add a remote control, and freely loan it out. If stupid runs with it, ZAP! If it turned out to be an honest person.. "Oh sorry, my battery must be dead".

Mind you if there is an actual emergency I will be doing the calling. I don't loan stuff due to past bad experiences.

Hmmmm....a BB taser app! Somebody, somewhere should be able to make this happen!
    02-17-09 11:14 AM
    Yeah, I did for a few minutes, just to a couple of female acquaintances who were trying to figure out what they were doing for the rest of the evening and didn't have a ride. They made a few calls. I got it back. It had some goopy, sticky substance on the keyboard. Not what you'd think, but it did in fact make me very unhappy. No one gets to now.

02-17-09 11:37 AM
    Maybe if there life depended on making that phone call (literally). Even in that scenario, "give me the number and tell me what needs to be said."
    02-17-09 12:06 PM
    Thats a definite NO! If it's an absolute stranger who's to say they wont just take off with it. I'm never in the mood to chase down some crazy person!
    02-17-09 12:10 PM
    I did allow a neighbor to use my phone shortly after I got it, but I dialed the numbers for him. I really think it would be too much trouble to try and figure out the phone just for one call... My niece loves to get my phone and play the games on it, I allow her but only if she's sitting next to me!
    02-17-09 12:21 PM
    On Friday my brother asked if he could make a quick call and I allowed him. What a mistake!!! Instead of making the phone call he started arguing with somebody else and almost got into a fight!!!! I had to go in and save my Bold!!!! Never again!!!
    02-17-09 12:24 PM
    Hmm, not strangers. Friends, yes but on the circumstances that their hands are CLEAN before using it, don't won't no greasy/oily food hands clogging buttons etc . . Heh.
    02-21-09 03:22 PM
    My parents... yes... anybody else... and its either *death glare* and "Sorry my battery's dead" or "nope, sorry no phone, here's a quarter, go find yourself a pay phone" *
    02-22-09 04:35 PM
    No one borrows my Blackberry or my fountain pens - without dinner and a movie first
    That's funny.. I have this problem with both my fountain pens and bb as well. For the pens it's easy enough to tell them I am left handed and it will mess up the nibs, but for the bb I guess I am just a ****.

krouac

02-22-09 05:22 PM

Hmmm, I work at Best Buy in the warehouse and we store all the old mock phones in there. I should try doing that!
    02-22-09 05:49 PM
486 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD