Used to...then I saw a fellow student get his phone snatched. So I'll only let people I know use it now
    01-06-09 02:05 AM
    I let a coworker use my 8700 bb to call a friend while she was in the room with me but somehow it still came back to me with a scratch down the lenght of the screen, never figured out how that happened.
    Earring. I scratched the **** out of my Razr with my earrings. My Curve has a BSE to protect the screen.....I'm not making the same mistake twice.

No, I wouldn't let a complete stranger use my phone unless it was some sort of emergency. I have let my friends and family use it but it's been more of a "here, talk to this person for me" rather than a "can I borrow your phone" thing. Please, my friends and family have their own damn phones
    01-06-09 02:22 AM
    NO, NO & **** NO! except the wife, she pays the bill so yes dear
    01-06-09 02:22 AM
    I let one guy use it because our bus broke down and he needed to call his boss. Other than that, hellz to the no especially after reading about phone snatching! I just tell people I have to watch my minutes.
    01-06-09 04:00 AM
    I have insurance and I like people, so yes. If it gets destroyed or stolen, eh -- it's a phone. I'd be upset, but I'd get over it. I <3 my BB, but it really is just a phone.
    01-06-09 11:06 AM
    a friend yes, a stranger NO!
    01-06-09 11:23 AM
    gasp another LI'er , *waves*
    01-06-09 11:41 AM
    this is going to sound mighty strange but my 6 month old son is the only one who touchs my bb with out the 10 question run down first then i still only let people i know and can trust not to bust it. that's the baby's job
    01-06-09 04:28 PM
    Earring. I scratched the **** out of my Razr with my earrings. My Curve has a BSE to protect the screen.....I'm not making the same mistake twice.

No, I wouldn't let a complete stranger use my phone unless it was some sort of emergency. I have let my friends and family use it but it's been more of a "here, talk to this person for me" rather than a "can I borrow your phone" thing. Please, my friends and family have their own damn phones
    haha this is so true the people who i know dont really ask me its when i let them talk to someone for me or if someone calls for them and even then i still stand there and wait till theyre done with the call i see how one of my friends treat their phones and im particular with all my equipment so i see it as if they dont treat their things right why should i let them use mine ?!
    01-06-09 11:18 PM
    It hasn't happen to me yet, but I would be very apprehensive if someone asked me to use "Curveous." Maybe family members and close friends would be able to use it, but of course, I would dial the number and the phone must be in my sight at all times.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 06:15 PM
    i rarely let my boyfriend touch my blackberry.

he has his own now.

haha
    01-07-09 10:52 PM
    Letting someone borrow my old fone is what landed me my BB bold in the first place. Shout out to my fiance' for that one! (Love you hun ) She was using it to talk to friend and she dropped it in dish water, she felt bad and got me a bold for christmas 8)

01-08-09 01:51 AM
    For me it would depend on who was asking to use my phone. Normally I'll make a call for someone. Anyone wanting to make a 911 call (say at an accident), I'll hand them one of my spare phones that I keep in the car just for that purpose. And if in the confusion one of those phones walks off, no biggie, tops a $5 buck loss, for a 5 to 10 year old phone with no SIM card.

Most of time I'm asked to use my phone is at home or in my car, if some has a dead battery.

01-09-09 06:42 PM
    Anyone wanting to make a 911 call (say at an accident), I'll hand them one of my spare phones that I keep in the car just for that purpose.
    No offense but that makes you sound like an " ambulance chaser "

Why do you keep spare phones in your car just for this purpose???

Does your profession bring you to accident scenes...or are you just a bad driver??
    01-09-09 07:50 PM
    I have made calls for people needing assistance but I don't let them take the BB.

01-09-09 08:01 PM
    I usually say go ahead because most people are like wtf is this?! and say nevermind and find someone else. Not only that, but I also say you need to dial *67 and make it private, I don't need anyone having my cell, only a select special few.

01-10-09 12:56 AM
    i dont really look like the kind of person that would have 20p for the telephone box let alone a blackberry so i dont get asked much. i wouldnt mind letting anyone who did ask use it though. Unless they look quicker than me

No offense but that makes you sound like an " ambulance chaser "

Why do you keep spare phones in your car just for this purpose???

Does your profession bring you to accident scenes...or are you just a bad driver??
    That makes me laugh everytime i read it The rest of the people here in starbucks probably think im a little mad sitting here laughing into my laptop.
    01-10-09 02:50 PM
    If someone asks me, I answer them back with a question:

"Do you have the necessary access credentials to view matters of national security?"
    I rather like that a lot. I just may steal it from you.

I don't know what it is, I have never been comfortable with letting people use/go through my phone. This has become even more true with my Storm.

I have only let one other person touch it since I bought it.
    01-11-09 09:38 PM
    Wow, I let a stranger use my last phone, Motorola Q, without even considering that he might run away with it, what an eye opener this thread is!

Love the 'almost dead' excuse though.

I have a spare phone most of the time, well our family does, a Razr because we have employees and need to be sure to be able to contact one sometimes, or if I take an extra kid shopping, I will put a phone on the kid, it comes in handy when one of us has an accident and breaks a phone, or ends up with a dead phone.

My husband had a phone stolen once, a bag phone, we didn't have it turned off, I figured there was no way that anyone could possibly talk on it more than he did, and we might be able to catch them, but we didn't ever catch them, no calls were made.
    01-11-09 10:55 PM
    NEVER! have told people i dont own a phone, as i couldnt cope with someone else using my beloved BB, plus getting their fingerprints all over the screen!
    01-12-09 04:59 AM
    I usually say" I'll tell ya what ya can use; your feet to walk over to that payphone, noone touches the Berry"

01-12-09 05:52 AM
    As if there are actually bums out there who don't have cell phones???? Um yeah its 2009. People are startin to buy jet packs n **** and these folk aint even got a damn phone???? Don't they have a gov't assistance program for cell phones or somethin? Telfare or somethin??? Get these damn people a damn phone so I can have some peace n quiet when out n about. Shhhhheeeeeiiiit

01-12-09 05:55 AM
    I let people use my 8700g, just because it's a brick!
    But when I had my Pearl, hecccck no.
    I would tell them my battery was dying. Or I was doing something important. I'm a good liar.
    01-12-09 12:31 PM
    Even worse for me are people who just want to "look at it" or "check it out". Unfortunately this is a huge downside of owning the phone that I do, I am faced everyday with co-workers and friends who want to fondle my phone and it becomes rather frustrating. For me it's a respect thing, I don't ask to touch or play with your phone because it's personal and what is on it is none of my business so why must everyone ask to play with my phone? As far as helping a stranger or someone in an emergency make a call that is fine with me most of the time.
    01-12-09 05:21 PM
    I completely agree, Josh.
    My family always wants to see my phone to "play with it"
    I don't trust them
    I'm always afraid they'll go through e-mails or texts
    01-12-09 05:40 PM
486 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD