EASY answer..... NOPE!! NEEEEVVVEERRR!!! Sorry, not MY beloved BB!!!
    09-15-10 07:56 PM
    No. I cretainly wouldn't let some random person use it.
    10-13-10 06:02 AM
    This story made me think of this thread:

At 5:51 p.m., the suspect approached a person on the 400 block of East Meadow Drive near Mitchell Park and asked to borrow the phone. When the victim handed over a Droid, the suspect pocketed it and rode off on a bicycle, Palo Alto police Agent Max Nielepko said.
    Palo Alto: Droid phone snatcher slips away despite police, helicopter search - San Jose Mercury News
    10-13-10 11:05 AM
    Before I got my BB and was still using one of the generic " dumb" phones ... I would've said yes to this question .

But yesterday on the jobsite , some guy came up to me and asked me that . After I convinced myself he was only asking to borrow my phone and not my wife , I told him no cuz my battery was almost dead . If you can call an 80% charge almost dead

But since I've got my BB , it's completely hands off to anyone that doesn't share my Bday and exact name .

Anyone else like this ? Do you let others handle your blackberry...or is that a matter that would end up with the " touchee " sporting a hand cast for a few months ?
    I was at the bus stop and had my headphones around my neck. This guy sitting there actually asked if he could listen to my music! People are crazy. I don't know him!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-10 11:58 AM
    Before I read this thread last week I had let strangers use my old phone (not a BB). Since reading this thread I have noticed that when people ask to see my new Torch my heart is literally in my throat and little beads of presperation form on my forehead, and these are friends and family, so I figure a stranger would send me into cardiac arrest.

11-04-10 06:27 PM
    No absolutely not, if it's for an emergency I'll call 911 .
    11-08-10 01:58 PM
    I laugh of contempt is all you will get from me.
    11-20-10 01:28 AM
    That's the easiest way for somebody to steal your phone. Just say no.

11-20-10 08:27 AM
    You can afford wasting EVERYTHING, food, water, oil and so much more, paying 150$ bills for your phone is just "normal" but you can't do a random act of kindness ?

I would and do let anyone borrow my phone, emergency or not. It's not happening 30 times a day, only like 2-3 times a month and I'm glad to be able to help.
    11-20-10 08:38 AM
    You can afford wasting EVERYTHING, food, water, oil and so much more, paying 150$ bills for your phone is just "normal" but you can't do a random act of kindness ?

I would and do let anyone borrow my phone, emergency or not. It's not happening 30 times a day, only like 2-3 times a month and I'm glad to be able to help.
    I would let people use my home phone or cordless, but not my blackberry cuz someone made an international call and I got hit with $300. Also seen many in my area have theirs snatched.

11-20-10 08:41 AM
    "If you touch my "BB", I'll have you arrested!!"....
    11-20-10 10:46 AM
    I let somebody at the bus stop borrow it to make a call (because I was somewhat intimidated, after all I want to help someone out) and then it dawned on me how stupid that was - if he took off running, there is no way I could catch him! So I will not let any stranger use it, unless they are in handcuffs and leg chains; but that's another story!
    11-20-10 12:17 PM
    My senitiments exactly. Absolutely nobody!!!
    same here man :P
    12-06-10 09:23 AM
    No way! I hate using other people's phones too... you put that up against your ear... all sorts of skin, oil, ear wax (maybe?), and with women there is make-up (which is why I only use my phone on speaker or with my headset). I get really grossed out when I see someone with a dirty phone. NASTY! I keep my phone in pristine condition. I would lie and say my battery is low as well or that I don't have many minutes left for the month.

As a woman, I tend to ignore anyone who approaches me in public for my general safety. Seems very unsafe as a female to open your purse and hand a strange man your phone and while he's at it, he might as well snatch my wallet, money, and my $400 handbag... no thanks, I'll keep on walking. I don't care if it's not kind, it's my safety I'm most concerned about.

I was once approached in the Wal-Mart parking lot after dark while I was getting in my car. This young guy wanted change and I shut my doors and locked them. He scared the crap out of me... what would possess someone to sneak up on a young woman in a dark parking lot? Sorry, but there are plenty of other people around to ask for change... or to use someone's phone.
    Last edited by hmutt; 12-09-10 at 05:43 AM.
    12-09-10 05:37 AM
    We were in a wiring closet and needed to call HP support. Our consultant couldn't make the call because his iPhone 4 was on the charger in my office. I handed him my Bold (which had plenty of battery) and he made the call. I keep giving him a hard time about what a great "wireless" phone he has... (He formerly had a 9000)

After he handed it back, I had to give it a vigorous wiping on my shirt to degrease it...
    12-09-10 01:54 PM
    I dont even let my family members touch my Berry
    12-09-10 04:51 PM
    Yes , can speak on my phone but after I dial (personal) the phone number.(maybe it's a nice girl)
    12-13-10 05:48 AM
    No one but me fondles my beloved Torch ;.

12-19-10 09:49 PM
    On several occasions I've had people who were using various WinMo smartphones (and even a couple Larger Fruit users) ask to play with my Bold.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmno.
    Hey isaac, how do you make a Crackberry E-Mail address PM me with the info..
    12-20-10 11:01 PM

Not outside I wouldn't if in a building I would and with my samsung impact I have because rmy phone is one of very few that gets reception in the hospital I work at

12-21-10 08:51 PM
    I let somebody at the bus stop borrow it to make a call (because I was somewhat intimidated, after all I want to help someone out) and then it dawned on me how stupid that was - if he took off running, there is no way I could catch him! So I will not let any stranger use it, unless they are in handcuffs and leg chains; but that's another story!
    I've done that a few times but only to girls and a lesbian that poked like a guy. Never will I let a guy use my phone, thenodds of them being able t out run me are to high. And besides I have a blackberry tourch before asking me to use my BB most people ask me if what I'm holding in my hand even is a phone.

12-24-10 02:13 PM
    Sure you can use it, as long as you sell me your soul and give me your firstborn.
    01-02-11 08:30 PM
    My wife, but she can touch any of my things she wants.
    01-17-11 07:28 PM
    No! Toooo many personal info.

01-18-11 05:17 PM
    **** no.that is all

01-20-11 01:17 AM
486 ... 17181920
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD