NO WAY would I allow a stranger to utilize my phone...I'd let a buddy, but I'm not going to lie to you, I wish there was a way to lock photo's out. Like a lock just on photo's! )
    You make a valid point on this as the BB is NOT 'just a phone'.
    For years (10+) I carried Palms and would never have considered handing one over to anybody, not ever a friend, as they had sensitive info on them at times.

Wouldn't it be cool if there were a way to 'lockdown' the 'non-phone' function of the BB, or to basically put the BB into a 'phone only mode' for security when entering areas where cameras are not allowed or when handing the phone over to loan for a moment and so on....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 10:04 PM
    I hate to say it, but I don't even like my husband handling my bb.
    04-02-09 10:00 AM
    You make a valid point on this as the BB is NOT 'just a phone'.
    For years (10+) I carried Palms and would never have considered handing one over to anybody, not ever a friend, as they had sensitive info on them at times.

Wouldn't it be cool if there were a way to 'lockdown' the 'non-phone' function of the BB, or to basically put the BB into a 'phone only mode' for security when entering areas where cameras are not allowed or when handing the phone over to loan for a moment and so on....

My gf borrowed my BB for a quick call (which is fine with me) but immediately began to fiddle after she'd finished her call. After that, I've given consideration to writing an app that would dial a given number, and immediately lock the phone so that as soon as the call is terminated, the phone is on the lock screen.
    04-02-09 11:49 AM
    I'm shocked at ppl feeling it's their right to nose through things not theirs!
    I'm funny about my purse being touched, I wouldn't want my BB or purse ransacked any more than I would ever go through a hubby's wallet! Ask and it's fine, but be nosey and you're likely to regret it!

04-02-09 11:10 PM
    my financee and i joined verizon in january, she got the samsung glyde and i got the storm, i wouldnt let her or anybody touch it, then right after we got the phones....outside the thirty days mind you, they came out with the buy one bb get one free promotion, boy was she livid lmao...now i gotta buy her a bb pretty soon, i'm tired of mine getting threatened
    04-04-09 03:27 PM
    I've used the excuse that I am over on my minutes for the month.
    04-04-09 03:50 PM
    NO TOUCHIE!!!

Not even Obama.

Friends... Sure.

Emergencies... Sure.

Obama in an Emergency... I'll consider it...

Random People?! NEVER!!!

& yeah, I have a lot of stuff in my Messages I don't want people looking at. Messages in there are private.. and People tend to be nosey. >

Obama would never want to use someone else's BB, his kicks all of our phone's a$ses.
    04-09-09 04:42 AM
    I don't have a phone....I have a Blackberry, no you cannot use my BB.

04-09-09 05:46 PM
    i only let really close friends touch it, i do blackberry support and people always wanna use my phone to find options and settings and stuff and i wont let them lol
    04-10-09 06:23 PM
    Only For Me Hehe
    04-10-09 06:40 PM
    Blackberry, dumb-phone, shoe-phone, whatever, no stranger is getting their hands on my phone. Just about everyone has their own phone these days and if a stranger approaches you asking the odds weigh greatly it's for no good.

Nothing wrong with just saying "no" period. The "come on man", "just for a minute dude", etc. only shows they're either up to no good or scummy. You don't want that touching something you put to your ear.

I read online a story some stalker piece-of-crap was "borrowing" others phones to harass a girl. Try explaining that to the cops when your number shows up on call reports.

Family/friends have their own phones as well though if they needed to borrow it (such as a dead battery on theirs) you usually know and why they need to use it to begin with. On those occasions it's usually the family/friends wife calling my phone because theirs was forgotten at home. That's when my phone just goes on speaker.
    Last edited by jagermon; 04-11-09 at 06:31 AM.
    04-11-09 06:26 AM
    On a side note, is it just me or do others find it nasty seeing/touching a phone full of schmutz, the skin/sweat slime one gets when not cleaning it. I myself will at least wipe my own after holding it to my ear.
    04-11-09 06:35 AM
    A few weeks ago, my water heater went out. The plumber was here, looking over the job (he was a friend of a friend) and suddenly, my phone rang (Storm). I pulled it out and it was the friend we both know. I chatted with him for a sec, then mentioned that the plumber was here now, getting ready to give me a quote (bend over.....this will hurt). My buddy said "Hey, let me talk with him a sec!" Reluctantly, I handed my phone to the plumber. This guy takes the phone, puts it in the crook of his neck while he's using both hands to check out the vent stack. I about freaked!! These Storms aren't like some flip phone where you have some depth to hold the phone between your neck and shoulders, they're skinny. I know this because I tried it and did't feel at all safe like I was with my old flip phone.

I was so nervous, I had to turn away and not watch, LOL...I was sure relieved when he said goodbye and handed the phone back to me!

Before I got my BB and was still using one of the generic " dumb" phones ... I would've said yes to this question .

But yesterday on the jobsite , some guy came up to me and asked me that . After I convinced myself he was only asking to borrow my phone and not my wife , I told him no cuz my battery was almost dead . If you can call an 80% charge almost dead

But since I've got my BB , it's completely hands off to anyone that doesn't share my Bday and exact name .

Anyone else like this ? Do you let others handle your blackberry...or is that a matter that would end up with the " touchee " sporting a hand cast for a few months ?
    04-12-09 06:46 PM
    I take excellent care of my phones, and for that reason I don't let anyone touch it except for my wife...and even that makes me uneasy.

04-12-09 07:04 PM
    A few weeks ago, my water heater went out. The plumber was here, looking over the job (he was a friend of a friend) and suddenly, my phone rang (Storm). I pulled it out and it was the friend we both know. I chatted with him for a sec, then mentioned that the plumber was here now, getting ready to give me a quote (bend over.....this will hurt). My buddy said "Hey, let me talk with him a sec!" Reluctantly, I handed my phone to the plumber. This guy takes the phone, puts it in the crook of his neck while he's using both hands to check out the vent stack. I about freaked!! These Storms aren't like some flip phone where you have some depth to hold the phone between your neck and shoulders, they're skinny. I know this because I tried it and did't feel at all safe like I was with my old flip phone.

I was so nervous, I had to turn away and not watch, LOL...I was sure relieved when he said goodbye and handed the phone back to me!
    Ok, I'm sorry (a little ) but I LMAO at this, imaging the schmutz from jagermon's post that was surely all over your phone from Mr Plumber and wondering if you felt he might as well have just crammed it down his plumber's crack by the time you got it back from him ROFLMAO!!!

Did you use a lot of Q-tips and rubbing alcohol that day? LOL! That was the best laugh I've had all day... I'm sure he was a perfectly decent guy and not the sweating, dirty-necked beast I imagined at least for your sake I hope not!

04-12-09 09:05 PM
    Mmmm. Plumber cheek juice.

04-12-09 09:12 PM
    Depends on the situation, but for the most part the answer will be no
    04-12-09 09:18 PM
    Mmmm. Plumber cheek juice.
    Losing the battle to refrain from asking "which set of cheeks?"
    {Insert little emoticon rolling all over screen holding her belly laughing, coughing, and gasping for breath!}

04-12-09 09:37 PM
    LOL damn, I thought I was being kinda ridiculous for saying no or that I don't have a mobile, but I see I'm not alone. I have a lot of sensitive stuff on my bb and even if I didn't, I still don't want anyone but me touching my baby.

04-13-09 01:21 AM
    I only let some of my friends use my phone, only after they've washed their hands. I don't let my mom use my phone either, because her hands are always greasy and her BB is disgusting. I only let my dad and sister use my phone if the absolutely have to.
    04-13-09 07:15 PM
    On a side note, is it just me or do others find it nasty seeing/touching a phone full of schmutz, the skin/sweat slime one gets when not cleaning it. I myself will at least wipe my own after holding it to my ear.
    One of my friends home phone was so dirty you couldnt even see the screen from so much grease and makeup. (4 teen girls live there).
    04-13-09 07:18 PM
    One of my friends home phone was so dirty you couldnt even see the screen from so much grease and makeup. (4 teen girls live there).
    Hmmmm your friend needs a phone with a headset lol!

04-16-09 05:15 PM
    Cash,grass or ***.....No one uses my Storm for free....
    04-16-09 08:38 PM
    A Coworker Asked To See It, But Even Before I Could Answer Him,He Had Already Picked It Up (One Of Those Ask After I Do It Type). But Then Proceeds To Remove The Rubber Skin ( All The While Touching The screen... I Don't Even Touch The screen!!) Then Takes Off The Battery Cover and Reaches For The Memory Card. But Before He Could Do That I Snatched It Away.. Couldnt Do Anymore Then That, He Is One Of My Superiors.. Smh

So Long Story Short... NO... But I'll Give You A Quarter And Point You In The Direction Of A Payphone.
    04-19-09 07:48 AM
    Short answer, No! Only my close family can touch my stuff and even then it is with apprehension.
    04-19-09 07:56 AM
486 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD