As soon as I was in line, I looked back and he was gone. I felt terrible, but I really didn't want to have to chase him down and risk my and my phone's safety..hahah.
    If you felt that bad you shoulda just given him some change for a pay phone but NEVER risk the BB's saftey!!!!!
    03-11-09 12:44 AM
    when i was with helio and i had a ocean it got dropped from someone just looking at it cuz the didnt know how it slides 2 ways and busted it i had it for 2 days and it broke! so my storm is never touched by anyone not even family they have there own vzw phones lol so yeah im with u!
    03-11-09 12:49 AM
    The only other person to ever use my storm is my mom and seeing as she was nice enough to pay for it she gets to use it. Otherwise, no dice. I almost went after one woman in my office when she simply picked it up off my desk without asking.
    03-11-09 01:01 PM
    I always ask friends if their hands are clean before I let them touch my BB, and even then I am really picky ! I completely relate to all these stories
    03-11-09 11:48 PM
    My family can, but basically after I've dialed it for them and handed the phone to them. My sister and dad don't have phones right now, and because I have a large voice plan I have no worries about going over minutes, etc. And then I'll be right next to them and get them to hand it back over instantly.

Yeah, try to get BlackBerry-virgins to try and dial off of a Curve. Quite funny to have them try to figure it out, really. Finally they just went into the Contacts to get the number they were looking for. Much quicker for them to try and figure out how to dial off the keypad.

~Bcloutier~
    03-12-09 12:21 AM
    I'm usually not a stingy person, and never was with anything till the BB! Actually used to stop for people broke down on the road and let them use previous cell phones... but the BB does NOT get used by anyone but ME ME ME
    Haven't dated since I got it... don't know how well I'd share with an SO
    03-13-09 06:09 AM
    I've let other BB owners use it, but that's about it!
    03-13-09 06:58 AM
    I was asked this last night. I looked at him laughed and walked away. And than was called rude by eveyone in the room. Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 08:09 AM
    I only let my friends or family use my phone. No one else will use it even if they ask to see it.

03-13-09 12:33 PM
    screw that noise... people are dumb... usually i just ignore people when they ask... tends to get em mad lol..
    03-13-09 04:56 PM
    Only person to touch my BB aside from myself, is my fiance....until last friday. My friend got in a car accident and I went to the hospital to see him. Went downstairs to step outside for a quick smoke and sitting on a bench next to me was a guy with an IV in his arm attatched to one of those rolling metal IV bag hanger things. Long story short, he asked to use my phone, I hesitated but thought to my self....

"Sure why not, he can't get very far with that thing attatched to his arm"

LoL

03-18-09 06:06 AM
    Yes. I have helped several people out by letting them use my phone. One lady was locked out of her house. Another had a broken down car that I stopped to help. I tend to help people out whenever I can. I understand the blackberry is a sacred great phone, but I would much rather give the shirt off my back than make someone feel that they are not important.

I just hope that if I ever needed to borrow a phone in an emergency etc someone would only be so kind to let me.

Just the other day I gave someone my spare tire and told them where to bring it if they would be nice enough to return it. Several days later someone needed some help so I gave her what was in my wallet. If someone really needs the berry then they can use it.
    Last edited by Brockmant; 03-19-09 at 06:19 PM.
    03-19-09 06:16 PM
    Poster above me has my respect. Especially in todays economy its hard to find people like this still around

03-20-09 06:09 AM
    No-one touches my 'Berry but me, my boyfriend isn't even allowed to go near it!
    03-20-09 10:53 AM
    It really depends on the person. If it was plainly obvious they were going to "borrow" it and then leg it then no, I wouldn't, but if i felt the person was genuine then yes, of course. (although I'd most likely end up dialing the number for them because watching someone try to dial on a curve is more than amusing).

At the end of the day... it's a phone, entirely immaterial and can be replaced. Sure, I'd like to think that someone isn't going to run off with it, but like others have said, it is always nice to help someone out. Although, with that being said, I can see why a lot of you are saying no- especially with blackberrys or other smartphones, people looking to nick them obviously tend to target us more...

Anyway, just my $0.02
    03-20-09 02:50 PM
    It really depends on the person. If it was plainly obvious they were going to "borrow" it and then leg it then no, I wouldn't, but if i felt the person was genuine then yes, of course. (although I'd most likely end up dialing the number for them because watching someone try to dial on a curve is more than amusing).

At the end of the day... it's a phone, entirely immaterial and can be replaced. Sure, I'd like to think that someone isn't going to run off with it, but like others have said, it is always nice to help someone out. Although, with that being said, I can see why a lot of you are saying no- especially with blackberrys or other smartphones, people looking to nick them obviously tend to target us more...

Anyway, just my $0.02
    Oh if someone took off with my phone they would have no chance to put run me. That and I'm 6*2 and 190 in shape may also deter them lol.

03-20-09 04:06 PM
    i limit who can make calls and even hold my phone to admire it in their hands, to only 3 ppl, and then im telling them to hold it with care, then they shake the phone in their hands acting like they are going to drop it and my soul jumps out of my body, lol

but nope, i only let 3 ppl actually hold it for a few seconds...dont think i will be letting them do that again, lol
    03-20-09 06:54 PM
    Me, my girlfriend, and MAYBE some family, that's it.

Every time I get a new one, I'm usually picky about who I let touch it first (aside from me). It's a sickness?
    03-20-09 08:32 PM
    I only let family members and close friends actually use my bb. Other people NO!!
    03-22-09 12:20 PM
    I don't think I would let anyone borrow my bb, everyone has cell phones now a days...I would come off .50 for a pay phone for them tho.

03-22-09 04:23 PM
    I had a guy come up to me one time at PetsMart and asked me if he could use my phone, I told him I left it in the car so I went out there with him and it was locked so I told him I would go and find my mom so he could use hers. But I did have mine in my pocket the whole time but was afraid he would run off with it.. After, went to go find my mom for him, he disappeared.

Last edited by your_worst_nightmare013; 03-31-09 at 03:08 AM.
    03-30-09 10:05 PM
    I have never had a stranger ask to borrow my cell phone - ever. But if I were to see someone in disstress, I would ask if there was someone I could call for them. I love my bb, but I care a great deal about people too. Now - if I were at a bar and they just wanted to shoot the breeze with someone - that's a different story.
    03-30-09 11:46 PM
    But my Bold is COMPLETELY OFF-LIMITS to strangers. Unless President Barack Obama himself asked to use it. He understands the plight of CrackBerry users.
    NO TOUCHIE!!!

Not even Obama.

Friends... Sure.

Emergencies... Sure.

Obama in an Emergency... I'll consider it...

Random People?! NEVER!!!

& yeah, I have a lot of stuff in my Messages I don't want people looking at. Messages in there are private.. and People tend to be nosey. >
    04-01-09 06:57 PM
    NO WAY would I allow a stranger to utilize my phone...I'd let a buddy, but I'm not going to lie to you, I wish there was a way to lock photo's out. Like a lock just on photo's! )
    04-01-09 07:04 PM
    I've never ever let anyone use my phone, unless they were a close friend or family member. I'd always tell them, "Sorry, I'm out of minutes."
    04-01-09 09:06 PM
486 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD