The worst is when they say, "Oops...what did I just do?"
    01-12-09 05:55 PM
    Fortunately, I don't get asked too much. But when it does happen, it can be a very spchinter tightening experience.

STAY AWAY FROM MY BB!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 04:45 PM
    My bf and I both have bb storm and when we were walking out of a store this lady asked us if she could borrow our phone to call her daughter. We both instantly said "i don't have my phone with me." It's not just because i love my storm and i don't want others to break it...I just don't want people using my number to call strangers because my number is private and I don't want others to get a hold of it.
    01-14-09 01:37 AM
    When my girlfriend asks to use my BB I dual for her and hang up for her, no one else is allowed to touch it. I have someone 50 cents for a payogone once while I was browsing the forums because he wouldn't stop asking to use it. No means NO!

01-15-09 12:54 AM
    When I had my Q my best friend didn't have a phone. Now I had my Q over 2 years and not a mark on it. His gf called my phone looking for him one night, and they got into an argument. Lo and behold the very first scratch on my phone. Now it's a no touch policy on my storm.

01-15-09 02:31 AM
    Friends, not really. Strangers, no. If anyone needs to make an emergency call, I can do it for them. I figure if it's an emergency they are not caring about privacy. Right??
    01-15-09 02:55 AM
    No offense but that makes you sound like an " ambulance chaser "

Why do you keep spare phones in your car just for this purpose???

Does your profession bring you to accident scenes...or are you just a bad driver??

LOL can't chase the ambulance if you get there first!
    And "just for this purpose" meaning EMERGENCIES. I mean that's the only call you can make with the phone if it does not have a active account, so why not have them there for 911 emergency calls?

I mainly keep the spare phones charged, because I have the spare phones, and have been in situations where spare phones have come in handy. I have older non SIM phones that are still good for making 911 calls and get great reception when most other phone don't get any at all. I have found in the past that it's hard to do CPR and talk on the phone at the same time (and yes I have done that, and it's hard). But if you have an extra phone that walks away in the confusion, it's no big deal.

No my profession does not bring me to accidents, but I am trained in CPR and first aid and have been the first person to actually stop at accidents. I also carry a fire extinguisher, first aid kit, a couple thermal blankets and a box cutter in my car, so I can break windows and cut seat belts, does not make me a fireman either, but you never know when those few seconds after pulling up to a flipped car, can save a life or two.

You would be surprised at how often people will stop, get out of their cars with a cell phone in their hands, still talking to the person they were talking to before they stopped, or just dialed up to tell them about the crash they just stopped at, instead of calling 911 until you yell at them to do so.

"Yeah yeah it's a crash and oh man it's gross!"
    And they tend to look at you like you just came from Mars when you scream at them to call 911 and get that "Oh right 911" look on their face, like it just dawned on them that 911 was a better idea than being their girl friend's personal "Eye witness news reporter at the scene."
    01-16-09 12:25 PM
    NOOOOO, I don't let anyone use my BB. Just about everyone has a cell phone even if it's a prepaid one. If there's a real emergency, I'll call 911 for them.
    01-16-09 07:12 PM
    Sorry dude. My battery is almost dead and I am waiting on an important call.......
    01-17-09 05:25 AM
    I let a coworker use my 8700 bb to call a friend while she was in the room with me but somehow it still came back to me with a scratch down the lenght of the screen, never figured out how that happened. But let me tell you when I got my Pearl and she asked me again the answer was h*** no go get your own. My husband hate to use it because he can't figure out how to use it. Now my 2 year old has figured out how to delete the whole thing, and loved to steal it from me. but she is 2 and learning not to touch Mommy's phone.
    the scratch most probably came from her earring, clamped the bb to her ear...
    01-17-09 09:03 AM
    My wife tells me I am such an "a'hole" when someone walks up and asks to bum a cigarette. I tell them I don't smoke and that I can't help them. Then I take a drag off of my cigarette.

Now you wanna try to get your paws on cell phone.....not just my cell phone - my Blackberry?!?!?!?
    01-17-09 09:34 AM
    i dont mind letting people see my phone as long as they dont steal it. some guy once asked me to use my phone in toronto at night when i had the nokia 6680 and i could tell he was going to run off with it. he didnt really ask me he kind of commanded me.
    01-17-09 09:42 AM
    Ummm that would be a "no you may not" use my phone. But here's some money to use a payphone if ya want that.
    01-17-09 09:48 AM
    My answer is always yes. If I can help someone, even a total
    stranger, that is far more important than somehow thinking that
    my phone is on par with some ancient, holy or priceless relic that
    NO ONE else can touch. It's a goddamn phone people.
    I hope that if I ever need to use a phone for some reason and don't have mine someone like you is around. Wow the answers to this question puzzle me. I just offered my phone to a lady (stranger) last week to use. She locked her keys in her car and was looking for change to go use a payphone to call somebody for her spare set of keys. I asked if she would like to use my cell phone. She said she didn't wasnt to bother. No bother go ahead. It feels good to help people. Try it.
    01-17-09 09:56 AM
    i never let anyone touch or use my phone. people get mad but whatever!
    01-25-09 01:38 AM
    If you let someone that you don't know use your Blackberry for a phone call, once they have it in their hands how do you know they're not going to take off running with it? NO way does anyone use this BB but me. My husband probably couldn't figure out how to dial a number on it anyway. My kid wanted to see it and I held it up and said "Look what you don't have!" So my answer would be NO on any occasion. Besides, doesn't most everyone have a cell phone now-a-days? I was freaked out when my step-daughter got one when she was 10! I think most people have their own and want to see what the excitement is all about with the BlackBerrys
    Last edited by TearBear; 01-25-09 at 03:51 AM. Reason: added stuff.
    01-25-09 03:20 AM
    For all the people that said no, know I will be laughing the day you forget your phone or your battery is dead, and some one tells you NO. Like the other posters said, its a phone. And the excuse "they might run off with your phone?" Go to the gym so you can keep up. Helping people is a GOOD thing. Im sure most all the NO's are just kids who idolize their blackberry and have no real values in life yet.
    01-25-09 06:27 AM
    I'm not a 'kid' but a mother of three, scout leader, tennis coach and homeschool my children. Obviously if someone needs the phone to help get their car unlocked because it is pouring rain at night - sure I can call someone for you or I can call 911 for any emergency, no problem. Anything else - no way - I have values and realize that it cost me a pretty penny and I saved for months for this phone and I'm not going to let some nut scratch it or run off with it. I could easily run down some fool who stole my phone, but then I can't leave my three children alone while I do that now can I
    01-25-09 07:08 AM
    I used to let my phone be used by others when I had my LG 5450 -- now, with my Curve... I barley let my girlfriend use it.
    Last edited by wxmancanada; 01-25-09 at 11:24 AM.
    01-25-09 11:04 AM
    Not-ah! No how! No way! No1 touches the pinkberry! I think I let my husband look at it - once!!! Lol.

01-25-09 09:03 PM
    I let some friends use it if they need to (most have their own phones). If a friend without a phone asks, I say yes, because it's a way of backhand-bragging.

I hate when whoever they called calls back, after you leave, and they're like, "Fulano just called from this number, where is he?"

But my Bold is COMPLETELY OFF-LIMITS to strangers. Unless President Barack Obama himself asked to use it. He understands the plight of CrackBerry users.
    02-01-09 02:11 PM
    I do sometimes, it can actually be kind of fun wagtching them tee to figure it out, then give up! Oh how fun it is to tease the stupid
    I feel the same way. It's funny they stare at it for a while then end up asking my to dial it for them. LOL It never gets old
    02-01-09 02:15 PM
    There are only 2 other people besides me I will let touch my berry... and ONLY if they are desperate. One is my mom, and one is a buddy of mine.
    NO ONE else touches my baby... ever. period.
    02-07-09 12:04 PM
    Yea...of course ill let a stranger use my phone...I dial, then I put it on speakerphone, and I hold the phone!!! Oh yea...and when I dial the number...I *67 of course!! Those strangers can't be harrassing my phone! Sorry if they don't accept blocked numbers!!

02-07-09 01:37 PM
    I couldn't let a stranger use it..family and some friends, perhaps..but a stranger..as someone said, laughing and yelling at the top of your lungs would be best..lol..i couldn't risk my little investment and i don't want strangers calling my phone back for another stranger..and come on, it's 2009, who dosen't have a cell phone??
    02-07-09 02:09 PM
486 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD