I have issues with letting ppl touch my berry! LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 07:06 PM
    IDk if i really agree with most of the opinions here..

ive had a curve, 16gb iphone 3g and currently the bold within the past 6 months

so obviously its not that i cant afford a call but sometimes my phone does run out of battery,

so i think it is okay to let someone use your phone at times....
    12-28-08 08:18 PM
    My #3 daughter picked up my phone the other day, Little Miss "I-know-more-tech-stuff- than-the-old-fart", and I got a good laugh as she tried to operate my Curve. She looked at me in awe and asked what I could do with it, and she was awed I'd learned so much so quickly. Thanks to the good folks here @ CrackBerry, I get to learn more every day. Thanks ya'll.

12-28-08 09:25 PM
    No way. No one seems to get how to operate my storm amyway.

12-28-08 09:55 PM
    I don't let people use my phone simply because I don't want whoever they are calling to have my number. I don't always trust people either and I don't want to have to chase some ***hole down because they decided to try and run off with my phone.

12-29-08 03:50 AM
    Not ever since I read a police report on my college's website: Crime Alerts - Campus Police - Delgado Community College

On Tuesday, September 16, 2008, at about noon, a student was approached by an unknown male subject who asked to use his cell phone. The student assumed that the unknown subject was also a student, so he loaned him the cell phone. The unknown subject appeared to make a telephone call once completed he placed the cell phone in his pocket and ran away.

Students are advised to use good judgement when deciding to allow a stranger to use their cell phone. This is the first time we have received this type of cell phone theft. It is our experience that success will foster additional type incidents. this can happen anywhere, so use common sense and be cautious.
    I one time had some kid walk up to my around 7-8 at night out of nowhere to use my phone, and I just said I didn't have one

You have to admit, those situations are always SO AWKWARD

But if it's someone I know, or have met before and I know they're not going to run off, then yes. Otherwise, I'm sorry

Although I have to ask, how important of a call do these people have to make that they have to walk up to complete strangers and use their phone?
    12-29-08 05:42 AM
    I'll admit - let known aquaintences use my berry...just to show it off... A streanger though...not happening

12-30-08 12:36 AM
    Yes, as long as it doesn't leave my sight. Anything to snag another convert! Of course, I have to show them how to dial. I show people videos on YouTube, pics, and web sites. I've settled many a pub bet with my trusty Curve.

12-30-08 12:43 AM
    This is a question I will have to answer very soon....

I drive a school bus and some of my kids have phones...Of Course...They love to sit in stratigic places in the bus and text back and forth....I have one dear girl who has no phone...so I have let her use my *OLD* Razor!
    Come Jan 5th when we go back to school...I know the first thing she will ask me is *May I use Your Phone Miss Cyn*.....OMG......I'm Just gonna have to break this girls heart.........Can Anyone offer some Soft Warm Understanding words for me?......
    She's only 12 now....So help me be Kind.....

BUT.............When Hubby asks.........It's OMG......****NO**** You have your Ole CRUMBY Razor****.Hands Off DUDE!!!!!
    12-30-08 01:51 AM

BUT.............When Hubby asks.........It's OMG......****NO**** You have your Ole CRUMBY Razor****.Hands Off DUDE!!!!!
    Tell him he can use it only when you are ready for an upgrade and then he can have it as a " hand me down ".
    12-30-08 01:59 AM
    I had a guy come up and ask me if he could make a local call. I had just gotten the Storm the day before...so I said.."welllllll..ok..it's a new phone, so I will dial the number for you". He said "No, I can dial the number" ...that's when fear set in and I realized he was going to grab and run with it. I put it in my pocket and bolted away from him. Man, I felt like an ***** for not being more aware of what people are capable of.
    12-30-08 02:12 AM
    Tell him he can use it only when you are ready for an upgrade and then he can have it as a " hand me down ".
    Oh I would love to think that would work....'cept he's already talkin *Storm*
    It's totally killin him to see me with mine in my pocket....in my hand....and the funny part is....i have NEVER been a Cell Phone person...Have only had one coz Hubby says *You Have to Have One*!!!

As soon as I knew it had GPS I got nerves....LOL!!!
    12-30-08 02:16 AM
    i have NEVER been a Cell Phone person...Have only had one coz Hubby says *You Have to Have One*!!!
    My wife's the same way . As long as it dials a # and rings she doesn't care about all the bells and whistles . I've told her a few times she should get a berry and she looked at me like I just told her aliens landed in the back yard.

Maybe one day she'll clue in......but I won't put $$ on it
    12-30-08 02:21 AM
    Rarely am I asked. My daughter plays games on it.

Otherwise, last time, was a young girl (about 18, 19) in DC one afternoon. My daughter and I were standing in a long line at a book signing for her, and the girl was behind us for maybe 45 minutes. Needed to call her ride.

I also ride a motorcycle, so I stop for other disabled/otherwise stopped bikes- 100% of the time. I recently let a guy call his buddy for a pickup truck, and waited a few minutes with the guy for his buddy to call back.

In both cases, phone was locked while calls made just in case. If there's a need, I'll let someone use it in a second.
    12-30-08 03:01 AM
    Most of my friends have cell phones and for the ones that don't, they always wanna ask me to use mine. And I'm like well i have minutes and they still insist on using the "blackberry" they never just call it a phone
    12-30-08 03:04 AM
    Two other reason for kids. My daughter is like every kid active and messy. so after she uses my phone it's all sticky and smudge. Then one time i was at the Skating rink and a little kid wanted to look at my phone. i said sure. he looks at it and takes off skating. Me not being able skate and made it very difficult getting it back. Had to wait by the wall and timed my approach to get him. couldn't catch the little devil. Good thing it wasn't a Blackberry then or i would have tackled him.
    12-30-08 08:14 AM
    People do run off with phones — I've seen it happen twice. I will always help someone in need, regardless of what phone I have. It's not a car. But...I also wouldn't feel comfortable letting anyone handle my phone — BB or whatever. Crooks make it hard for everyone.

If I feel weird about a request, I politely decline — the "low battery" excuse always works.
    01-02-09 11:07 PM
    Before I got my BB and was still using one of the generic " dumb" phones ... I would've said yes to this question .

But yesterday on the jobsite , some guy came up to me and asked me that . After I convinced myself he was only asking to borrow my phone and not my wife , I told him no cuz my battery was almost dead . If you can call an 80% charge almost dead

But since I've got my BB , it's completely hands off to anyone that doesn't share my Bday and exact name .

Anyone else like this ? Do you let others handle your blackberry...or is that a matter that would end up with the " touchee " sporting a hand cast for a few months ?
    LMAO!!!! I had someone ask me this in a moving car in my complex the other day and said I left it at home I could see my baby being driven off with out a word of good bye
    01-02-09 11:18 PM
    If friends ask me I say you betchya! They look at it and ask how do ya use this thing!? Lol
    Pooh luvs Jamrock
    ~Crakd out on my berry~

01-02-09 11:21 PM
    I usually have my jawbone on me, so when they ask, I just act like I hit the connect button on the headset and start talking. It might be rude, but atleast no one touches my phone.
    01-04-09 06:43 PM
    somebody may have already mentioned this (i just skimmed the thread)
    but i have heard of people asking to borrow a phone as a setup for a mugging, the reason being, if they borrow your phone first, you cant call the police, ambulance etc
    just be careful who you loan your phone too, or better still, dont lend your phone to anyone
    01-04-09 06:59 PM
    I've never had anyone ask to use my phone except for my daughter. Her battery on her phone died and she was going through "talking to bf withdrawls", so I let her text on my Curve. It was pretty funny watching her fingers go from texting on a SLVR L7 to texting on my Curve. She was cussing like a drunk sailor!
    Now she wants one....Not sure if this is a good thing, since I pay her bill.
    01-04-09 08:55 PM
    Yes. I used to let everyone use my phone all the time, then it suddenly broke.

When I get my new one. I'm not letting anyone touch my precious baby!
    01-04-09 10:40 PM
    This is easy... the answer is NO. I dont even give a reason, just a NO!! lol I know what you are thinking rude!! And I agree..hhaha

NO!!!!
    01-04-09 11:55 PM
    Neverrrrrrrrr!
    It's MINE MINE MINE lol & I don't share cuz I'm greedy.
    01-05-09 08:23 AM
486 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD