Before I got my BB and was still using one of the generic " dumb" phones ... I would've said yes to this question .

But yesterday on the jobsite , some guy came up to me and asked me that . After I convinced myself he was only asking to borrow my phone and not my wife , I told him no cuz my battery was almost dead . If you can call an 80% charge almost dead

But since I've got my BB , it's completely hands off to anyone that doesn't share my Bday and exact name .

Anyone else like this ? Do you let others handle your blackberry...or is that a matter that would end up with the " touchee " sporting a hand cast for a few months ?
    12-17-08 11:03 PM
    Some chick wanted to take a look at my 8800 in a bar once and it ended up taking a ride down a flight of stairs. Ever since I never let anyone touch my phones.
    12-17-08 11:12 PM
    Family yes...
    Strangers, NO! I don't let any stranger touch anything of mine that cost me more than $10. Let alone over $100. Plus it has alot of sensitive/personal data on it.

Anyway, who mooches a phone call anyway? That is pretty much a form of pan-handling.
    12-17-08 11:17 PM
    Anyway, who mooches a phone call anyway? That is pretty much a form of pan-handling.
    I agree. If someone can't afford a cell surely they can afford a quarter for a pay phone . I work hard for what I have and I'm not letting someone screw that up because of lack of respect for what isn't theirs.
    12-17-08 11:42 PM
    NO! no one is allowed to touch my BB but me!
    12-18-08 11:47 AM
    Ha! A stranger ....i would clearly say no or i dont hav eone while im clicking away at the buttons lol .I would never let anyone do that the only way i do let someone use my phone is if i know them and they are sensitive with equipment as well. I have one friend thats clumsy and she knows she has to stay right beside me if someone is too call for her.

And plus you can sometimes tell when someone is bumming a call ...they walk around aimlessly and you can hear them asking others lol thats when you know to put yours away
    Last edited by wizdom; 12-18-08 at 11:59 AM.
    12-18-08 11:57 AM
    I do sometimes, it can actually be kind of fun wagtching them tee to figure it out, then give up! Oh how fun it is to tease the stupid
    12-18-08 12:07 PM
    Some guy came up to my girlfriend and I and asked to use one of our phones. He looked like a bum so I just looked at him and without even saying anything we walked away. None the less, I wouldn't let anyone make a free call off my phone. If they want to use this great phone I'd have to charge them a first time usage fee, a cleaning fee, and on top of that, $1.00 a minute.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 12:18 PM
    Yeah I hate when people ask to borrow the BB cause I really don't want to be a **** but people just don't care when they are using someones elses stuff.

12-18-08 12:21 PM
    I still prefer the "Laugh Furiously and Wildly" When they ask approach.

If you keep it up long enough, they'll leave you alone and get the point.
    12-18-08 12:23 PM
    Not only have people asked to use my Berry, but they have the nerve to ask me WHILE I'M TYPING ON IT...WTF is that? I don't trust people with my stuff so I say no.
    12-18-08 02:58 PM
    NO! no one is allowed to touch my BB but me!
    My senitiments exactly. Absolutely nobody!!!
    12-18-08 04:49 PM
    If someone asks me, I answer them back with a question:

"Do you have the necessary access credentials to view matters of national security?"

Most just get confused and walk away.

If it's a friend that already has my number, no problem. But a stranger, no way. Everyone has caller ID, and my number isn't given out to just anyone.

My .02
    12-18-08 05:07 PM
    No one borrows my Blackberry or my fountain pens - without dinner and a movie first
    12-18-08 08:40 PM
    When I get mine, I don't plan on letting too many folks handle it.

Nope. No way. People are too careless with their own stuff. So, they aren't going to be careful with what belongs to me.

I don't let strangers use my Razr.
    12-18-08 08:51 PM
    depends on what the situation is I guess.

I mean if some guy just flipped his truck off the side of the road and I stopped to help and he asked me to use the phone for sure I would

but if it was just some random person walking probably not.
    12-19-08 06:52 AM
    When a stranger asks to use my bold, that's when I "act like a tourist".

12-19-08 11:04 AM
    ^LOL thats good.

I think picking your nose after they ask you and then look at them like they just asked you to solve world hunger would be good too.
    12-19-08 11:31 AM
    Thankfully, not too many people ask to borrow my stuff. Maybe it's because I wouldn't let them anyway. There are about 5 people, all either family or good friends of mine, who have used my phone. The rest of the time was me.
    12-19-08 12:08 PM
    I let a coworker use my 8700 bb to call a friend while she was in the room with me but somehow it still came back to me with a scratch down the lenght of the screen, never figured out how that happened. But let me tell you when I got my Pearl and she asked me again the answer was h*** no go get your own. My husband hate to use it because he can't figure out how to use it. Now my 2 year old has figured out how to delete the whole thing, and loved to steal it from me. but she is 2 and learning not to touch Mommy's phone.
    12-19-08 12:27 PM
    I will let U borrow my wife cause I know wat U will do 2 her
    But I wil not lend U my phone cause I don't know wat U wil do 2 it.
    LMAO

Needed a good laugh today .... Thanks for that

12-19-08 02:52 PM
    Oh my goodness this is too funny because if some one comes up to me and asks if they can use my phone "right quick" I am the first one to grab my blackberry and hand it to them, I do this for two reasons, one being its funnier then all get out to watch people try to figure it out and then number two my blackberry is password proteced to that even if they can figure it out they then can't get into it, I have been told that this is nothing more then me being a mean kid, but its funny
    12-19-08 03:09 PM
    Friends and family can use it, because I trust them. Strangers? Haven't you ever heard of STRANGER DANGER!? They taught us that as kids, don't ya remember?
    12-19-08 03:37 PM
    Great thread! First time I post from my phone :0...

12-19-08 03:46 PM
    Oooh. No one can touch my Blackberry apart from my friends who have Blackberrys and its not any of those friends, just two of them who are extra special :P

I did however, lent me BB to one person who has never used one before and all the time she was speaking on my BB, I had all sorts of panic going through my brain.

12-19-08 07:06 PM
486 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD