This woman deserves an award and the respect of EVERYONE!!

Pregnant Woman Helps Pull Teens Off Officer - KRGV CHANNEL 5 NEWS - The Rio Grande Valley's News Channel - Breaking News, Breaking Stories - RGV News

ALTON - Angela Gutierrez says she had to do something when she saw a police officer being attacked.

"Nobody wants to be in that situation," she says.

Gutierrez, who is nine months pregnant, was driving down the road with her husband and child, when she saw a group of teens attack a police officer.

The Alton officer was called to the scene to break up a fight. Before arriving he already knew he would need help and called for backup. The teens the officer spotted refused to cooperate. Instead, they attacked.

Dashcam video recorded sounds of the teens beating the officers repeatedly.

Help finally arrived for the officer. It wasn't another officer. It was Gutierrez, whose baby is due in two weeks.

She says, "Something felt like I had to help. I told the guys to leave him alone."

Gutierrez is shown in the dashcam video trying to stop one of the teens. The group continued wrestling. At one point, the teens tried to grab the officer's gun. The pregnant Gutierrez continued to help the officer.

She says it was a gut reaction. The teens soon took off running.

Police tracked down the suspects a few days later. The three teens were arrested. They were charged with aggravated assault on a public servant and evading arrest. A judge set each of their bonds at $3,100,000 bond.

The officer who was attacked is recovering at home.
    12-10-09 10:20 PM
    man thats pretty awesome, i bet that cop is happy that chic saw him, and where was her husband in all this or did he just not get any credit because he wasnt pregnant.
    12-10-09 10:26 PM
    Haha! I'm sure her husband helped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 01:54 AM
    Haha! I'm sure her husband helped.

Lol my thoughts exactly after reading this.

12-11-09 02:46 AM
    awesome......
    12-11-09 08:31 AM
    \o/ Fabulous! Shows anyone can be a hero & do the right thing! Simply can't get enough of this marvelous, brilliant, fantastic girl power empowered individual.
    Bravo! Brava!

Kinda gives a whole new meaning to the term "Stand & Deliver." :P
    12-11-09 09:43 AM
    Too bad she didn't have a baseball bat or something.

Good for her.
    12-11-09 11:38 AM
    he must be appreciative and possibly feel degraded at the same time
    12-13-09 09:51 AM
    Hubby was on the phone to 911, and yanking his wife off one of the teens, I'm sure so she would not get hurt.

Kinda sad that the folks who live in the neighborhood, (seen on cam), just standing and watching, didn't do much more than just watch the show. From the bond (over 3 million each), that was set for the teens after they were caught, you know they are not going to get off with a slap on the wrist. Good luck getting a job after that court battle.
    12-13-09 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD