**** WARNING****

The following post contains a useless attempt at humour/humor (oh, I dunno, possible funnies?) in parts used to illustrate a point. If you are of a nervous disposition or have, at some point in the recent past, been easily offended by nothing whatsoever, please look away now.

Man walks into a phone shop.

He says to the man behind the counter

'Hello, I recently lost my old BlackBerry. I'd like to buy a new BlackBerry please.'

'A Samsung SG4 sir? Certainly!'

'No, a BLACKBERRY please. A Z10, I think it's called? My colleague has one, I like it, get me one of those please.'

That's right sir. The new Samsung is a fantastic phone. I'll get you one now.'

'NO! A BLACKBERRY!'

'Excellent choice on the Samsung. Let me get the paperwork for you. Did you know both myself and my co-owner have the SG4? (waves Samsung around in his face) We call it the 'iPhone killer', it's that good. Just sign here'

'Oh, sweet Jesus, ok, if you say it's that good I'll take the Samsung. At the end of the day, it's just a phone.'

'Great. I'll process that now. By the way, when I said iPhone killer, I shouldn't really complain. The money I make from iPhone repairs is phenomenal. Let me show you...'

*Produces box of iPhones requiring repair*

This, with a touch of poetic license, actually happened in the last two days. So did this:

Man walks into meeting with BBB (that's me - wow, I'm in the play!!) the next day. He sees my Z10 on the desk. He starts to swipe on it. He feels the weight in his hand and says:

'Wish I'd ordered the Z10 now. I've had BlackBerry's for years and It's what I'm used to and I know that if I didn't know something you can tell me whereas you can't tell me on the Samsung. I'm no tecchy, I just want the phone to work.'

I say, 'Look, let's get you a Z30. Bigger, brighter. Just out. Stuff the Samsung, let's call him'.

The call is made. The Samsung has landed but the phone shop owner is ok about it - he says he can place it elsewhere (I bet he can using these tactics). My colleague wants me to talk to him;

'Right, get him the Z30.'

'Not heard of that one.'

'It's just out in the UK. No fanfare. Get him one.'

'Oh, ok, hang on a minute, we get them from Carphone Warehouse... just checking the computer.. ah, I see, Z30, huge battery life, latest BlackBerry software and (he thinks this is funny) the last BlackBerry ever made.' Ok, if you really want that for him.'

Me - Restraining myself wildly at the last comment - 'Yes I bloody do. Do it. Now.'

This is the same independent phone supplier who has provided our company with BlackBerry's for 8 years including 10 recent BB10 upgrades with no complaints from the users!

Samsung, I tip my hat.

Targeting the high street phone shop PLUS regular marketing has proved to be a masterstroke.

And I never believed how bad it was (or how good you were at it) until today.
    10-09-13 05:36 PM
    Are you the guy in your avatar?
    10-09-13 05:40 PM
    Are you the guy in your avatar?
    Nope, I just look like him when I'm 'restraining myself wildly...'
    10-09-13 05:45 PM
    10-09-13 05:46 PM
    **** WARNING****

The following post contains a useless attempt at humour/humor (oh, I dunno, possible funnies?) in parts used to illustrate a point. If you are of a nervous disposition or have, at some point in the recent past, been easily offended by nothing whatsoever, please look away now.

'Hello, I recently lost my old BlackBerry. I'd like to buy a new BlackBerry please.'

'No, a BLACKBERRY please. A Z10, I think it's called? My colleague has one, I like it, get me one of those please.'

'NO! A BLACKBERRY!'

'Excellent choice on the Samsung. Let me get the paperwork for you. Did you know both myself and my co-owner have the SG4? (waves Samsung around in his face) We call it the 'iPhone killer', it's that good. Just sign here'

'Oh, sweet Jesus, ok, if you say it's that good I'll take the Samsung. At the end of the day, it's just a phone.'

'Great. I'll process that now. By the way, when I said iPhone killer, I shouldn't really complain. The money I make from iPhone repairs is phenomenal. Let me show you...'

This, with a touch of poetic license, actually happened in the last two days. So did this:

Man walks into meeting with BBB (that's me - wow, I'm in the play!!) the next day. He sees my Z10 on the desk. He starts to swipe on it. He feels the weight in his hand and says:

'Wish I'd ordered the Z10 now. I've had BlackBerry's for years and It's what I'm used to and I know that if I didn't know something you can tell me whereas you can't tell me on the Samsung. I'm no tecchy, I just want the phone to work.'

I say, 'Look, let's get you a Z30. Bigger, brighter. Just out. Stuff the Samsung, let's call him'.

The call is made. The Samsung has landed but the phone shop owner is ok about it - he says he can place it elsewhere (I bet he can using these tactics). My colleague wants me to talk to him;

'Not heard of that one.'

'Oh, ok, hang on a minute, we get them from Carphone Warehouse... just checking the computer.. ah, I see, Z30, huge battery life, latest BlackBerry software and (he thinks this is funny) the last BlackBerry ever made.' Ok, if you really want that for him.'

Me - Restraining myself wildly at the last comment - 'Yes I bloody do. Do it. Now.'

This is the same independent phone supplier who has provided our company with BlackBerry's for 8 years including 10 recent BB10 upgrades with no complaints from the users!

Samsung, I tip my hat.

Targeting the high street phone shop PLUS regular marketing has proved to be a masterstroke.

BBB, I think you're my favourite poster now.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 05:51 PM
    10-09-13 05:51 PM
    BBB, I think you're my favourite poster now.

Posted via CB10
    Awwww... thanks!

Now, watch out for the roof caving in!
    10-09-13 05:52 PM
    That is yet another post Mr BBB that has entertained me! I shall be expecting encore presentations daily. No pressure!

Your posts remind me of the Daily Show or the Colbert Report (F'n hilarious! )... Truth through comedy!

LOVE IT!

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 06:47 PM
    **** WARNING****

'NO! A BLACKBERRY!'

'Not heard of that one.'

Samsung, I tip my hat.

That's the best/funniest post I've read on CrackBerry in a long while.

More people need to read this. Fookin' fabulous
    10-09-13 06:58 PM
    There is something kind of odd about an American appreciating English humor/humour-funnies this much on a website devoted to a Canadian phone.

Btw, way back when I got my Z I had just about the same experience you show as an example here in the states, except substitute iPhone for Samsung. And mine wasn't funny.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 08:48 PM
    Ah, you mean it should have started:

'An Englishman, American and Canadian walk into a phone shop..'

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    10-10-13 03:26 AM
    Funny as ever man! Keep up to good work!

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    10-10-13 11:03 AM
    That is yet another post Mr BBB that has entertained me! I shall be expecting encore presentations daily. No pressure!

Your posts remind me of the Daily Show or the Colbert Report (F'n hilarious! )... Truth through comedy!

LOVE IT!

Posted via CB10
    Daily??

Wow...

Tough crowd...!
    10-10-13 12:48 PM
    Daily??

Wow...

Tough crowd...!
    Weekly? How about whenever the urge strikes you? It seems to be often enough lately.

Cheers!
    Undbiter65 likes this.
    10-10-13 04:11 PM
    Well, ok, one more then I think I might retire for a bit.

Although the urge might strike again...
    10-10-13 05:52 PM