Hi Blackberry users,

Recently I found a spicy video of my boyfriend and his ex on his computer.
    He says it is an old video that he kept and transferred from phone to computer and back over 5 years. Since I know him he has had 3 different blackberries. The first one he had since I new him did not have a camera, so if the movie is over 5 years old it came from a photo camera or other device. He says he put the movie on his first phone and kept it and is very ashamed and sorry about that.
    My biggest concern is the file name. The video was right in between movies of the kids and has a date/time stamp as file name: VID0024-20110707-1022.3gp. The video before is VID0023 and after VID0025.
    He did get a new phone and imported all the movies on his computer.

My question: Is it possible that during the transfer/import/conversion the blackberry changes the filename and gives it a date stamp?

The question is really important to me and on the Internet I can't find anything about this. Also the file properties do not give a satisfying answer. I can live with an old video, but not with a cheating boyfriend.

PLEASE HELP!
    07-06-12 01:12 PM
    Just by looking at this 20110707-1022.3gp I would say it was taken on July 7th 2011 but thats just me. If it bothers you so much, why not delete it without him knowing or have him delete it.
    07-06-12 01:19 PM
    JERRY JERRY JERRY!!! i hate to break it to you but he was having fun without you on those last year videos if it had 2011 year stamp. if those are the time stamps.
    07-06-12 01:20 PM
    The file name does not get changed during a transfer. Even if there's a duplicate the file a -1 will go at the end of the file name.

Sorry.
    07-06-12 01:21 PM
    next question...are the videos worth watching for the masses??
    highjakker likes this.
    07-06-12 01:22 PM
    So a date stamp never changes? I really need to know for sure, because when it does not I am packing up and leaving back to europe with my son....
    07-06-12 01:26 PM
    The file name does not get changed during a transfer. Even if there's a duplicate the file a -1 will go at the end of the file name.

Sorry.
    Exactly.

There is no other possible explanation (why would he change the file name manually to some other date?). Your boyfriend cheated on you and is now lying to you to cover it up with some fail logic.

So a date stamp never changes? I really need to know for sure, because when it does not I am packing up and leaving back to europe with my son....
    Have fun in Europe.
    07-06-12 01:26 PM
    Also not if it is converted from another format?
    07-06-12 01:27 PM
    Last time I did a backup...nothing changes,I'm sorry! 100% sure it was taken last year.
    Last edited by the_game969; 07-06-12 at 01:35 PM.
    07-06-12 01:31 PM
    I don't get it. If you have trust issues with your boyfriend that rise to the level of creating a
    CrackBerry account and asking a bunch of strangers for help would it not make more sense
    to stop worrying about the video and just DELETE THE BOYFRIEND!!
    The name won't change but the date it was put wherever will.
    sorry rooz, pack up and go. it's not automatically converted.
    07-06-12 01:32 PM
    the video is from last july. there is no other way for the title to be changed unless they edited the title themselves on purpose
    07-06-12 01:33 PM
    sorry to tell you sweetie but 20110707-1022 means July 7th, 2011 at 10:22am.
    07-06-12 01:43 PM
    File names don't change without user input.

July 7th 2011, 1022 hours (10:22am) is the date I see in that time stamp.

You can also catch him in a lie by sorting the Folder's files in order of "Date Modified". Just right click inside the folder, sort by>date modified.

If he said he transferred the video to the computer 5 years ago, or however long ago it was when he supposedly transferred the files, just look for recent files that would show an inconsistency.

I'm not sure which OS your computer is running, but I know in Windows 7 that when you Sort By > Date Modified, the folder will actually show a column next to the file name of the specific date and time of day the file was added to the folder and when it was last edited.
    07-06-12 01:43 PM
    yeah... but somewhere I was hoping it was not true...trust me Boyfriend will be deleted. I should have trusted the female instinct.
    07-06-12 01:45 PM
    You know his isn't how I wanted to find out that the numbers in the video file name actually mean something.........to be honest I never paid attention.

Sorry OP but unless he can provide significant proof to which you are satisfied than you got some decisions to make.
    07-06-12 01:50 PM
    So now posted the video and pack up your stuff. When your done donate all of his things to goodwill, you will feel much better
    07-06-12 01:57 PM
    Thanks guys, for the last weeks I was in a grey area of believe/not believe. And although it is not the answer I wanted, at least I know and can organize my life and deal with it.
    Pete6 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    07-06-12 02:04 PM
    The video is old... from the timestamp embedded in the name, almost exactly 12 months old.

The name format (VIDnnnn-yyyymmdd-hhmm) is what I would expect to see if it was recorded on most BlackBerry devices released within the last few years. That format is unlikely to be duplicated automatically by other manufacturers and it is unlikely a human would have renamed to the exact format used by RIM, so there is a strong presumption it was recorded on a BB. Sorry, it doesn't look good for your relationship.
    07-06-12 02:11 PM
    Just to be sure, you should post up the video file so we can double-check the properties...
    07-06-12 02:20 PM
    Just to be sure, you should post up the video file so we can double-check the properties...
    Only if his ex-girlfriend was hot though.
    highjakker likes this.
    07-06-12 02:22 PM
    Only if his ex-girlfriend was hot though.
    Too soon, guys!
    rdkempt likes this.
    07-06-12 02:24 PM
    Cheating boyfriend = EPIC FAIL. Stop wasting time here and move on without him. You will be netter off in the short-term and long-term.
    07-06-12 02:25 PM
    For further proof, you could right click on the file, and check the creation date. If your (ex)boyfriend were so "ashamed" of the file, why would he continually transfer such a relationship liability from phone to phone over a timespan of half a decade? The only plausible explanation is the one that you've already deduced by now. By the sounds of it, he wasn't that bright to begin with, so you're probably not losing much from him. Seriously, what kind of fool would record a video of himself cheating on his current relationship, then just keep it on the phone without removing it?
    07-06-12 02:43 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD