on sunday, doing the correct version of a sit up as shown by the trainer at my gym, on a workout ball thingy, and i did 5 sets of 5 crunches, and i was like shaking by the time i was coming up on the last few.

monday my stomach REALLY hurt. it still hurts today, and it stings pretty badly. just on the inside of my right hip is where it hurts the worst but my whole stomach is pretty painful. i can hardly stand up straight but walking, running, bicycling and arm exercises didn't really hurt when i did it, but leg extensions and such hurt.

i looked up online and it seems i have a grade 2 abdominal strain? please someone tell me that's not true, i just started working out a couple weeks ago, tryin to lose a few pounds and if i'm out of commission that would really suck!!!
    10-01-08 09:16 AM
    You will be fine. I'm assuming before this you never did crunches? Usually the second day after lifting/strength training is the worst. It should feel better in a few days. If not see a doctor.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-08 09:25 AM
    dont worry bout it. Its not a strain it will prolly be sore for a week or a week and a half. Just make sure you take in lots of protein and rest. WHen i first started doing crunches on a roman chair with 45 lbs weights i felt the same thing. Its a good thing the first time you work out muscles hard, they're sore for a couple days. Stick with it and your muscles will get used to it
    10-01-08 09:26 AM
    Well the unfortunate thing about exercising is that you do get sore. The bad part about direct abdominal work is that it is a waste of time. Your abs are used in every exercise you perform, its a waste of time to do any direct ab work.

10-01-08 09:33 AM
    well i went to my chiropractor (i know, weird, but he's pretty much our doctor lol) and he said it seems i tore it a little.

i was working out last night and i didn't do any leg weight lifts just arms and bike and treadmill and that was alright, not too painful, but when i stretch back and stretch my stomach it makes me wanna cry lol

this sucks
    10-01-08 09:56 AM
    post back in a week and i tell you, you will be fine and trust me im going to be a doctor one day
    10-01-08 10:03 AM
    haha i will
    10-01-08 10:04 AM
    ok what about pain relievers that work? ibuprofen hasn't so far...
    10-01-08 10:12 AM
    Please dont abuse pain relievers. Go grab a protein shake and stretch in the morning and at night before you go to bed.

10-01-08 10:15 AM
    i don't abuse pain relievers. where did that come from?

i'm just saying, so while i'm at work and getting up and down constantly and trying to walk at school maybe anything that could help me stand up straight without wanting to cry.
    10-01-08 10:18 AM
    Protein and stretching. Ibp. usually helps me, maybe you need to up the dosage a little bit. I would truly recommend stretching though, try up your protein intake as well and see what happens.

10-01-08 10:25 AM
    alright. i got some soy protein (allergic to whey) and so i'll make a soy protein and peanut butter shake.

yeah i was told ibuprofen would help but i don't like taking pills so i prolly wont up the dosage lol
    10-01-08 10:26 AM
    are you male or female?

10-01-08 10:31 AM
    female lol
    10-01-08 10:31 AM
    Ok then you are fine, if you are trying to lose weight dont eat peanut butter.

10-01-08 10:33 AM
    its just a spoonful in the shake to make it taste less...disgusting lol
    10-01-08 11:40 AM
    It is chocked full of fat. I would consider not taking a soy protein shake, try micro ionized whey. Most of the people that have whey allergies aren't disturbed by different filtered forms of whey.

10-01-08 11:43 AM
    is it gluten free? cant have that either lol. i'm allergic to everything. literally. even coffee and broccoli. awesome.
    10-01-08 11:53 AM
    ciliac huh?
    10-01-08 12:18 PM
    Most protein is gluten free. From what I've found a lot of people that have gluten allergies also have whey allergies. I've done a lot of reading, and apparently it has a lot to do with how you were raised and what foods you ate. I have helped a few people get over their gluten/whey allergies by introducing small quantities of either/both, over a period of months or even years.
    10-01-08 12:38 PM
    This is actually normal for someone who has never worked out or who has not worked out in a very long time. Its called being sore not abdominal strain lol when you do your first squats you will hate stairs hehe I know I did.

10-01-08 03:36 PM
    True that you don't have to do direct abdominal workouts to achieve flatter abs. True that increasing your protein will help with weight loss while your recovering from your injury. Not true that you need to stay away from peanut butter. The fat in peanut butter is not derived from animal fat and is a good source of protein. There are good fats and bad ones and they affect the body differently. Look for more reliable sources like your healthcare provider or a nutritionist for valid information on this. There may be many of them on here but too hard to determine who they are and who you should listen to.

Pink
    10-01-08 08:28 PM
    I wasn't referring to the health aspect, because as I'm sure you know, neither plant nor animal fats are particularly healthy for you outside of your rda. Even using the rda, I would supplement with fish oils before I would eat tons of fat. At the end of the day, a fat gram still contains 9 calories regardless of where it comes from. Now of course there are mcts which are a totally different subject...

10-01-08 08:38 PM
    Eat the peanut butter!!!

10-02-08 12:12 AM
    MMMmmmmm, peanut butter.........

10-02-08 04:05 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD